XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wireless Hotspot hack procedure *Working*

Tip us?

qqhsiao
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlow78 View Post
Did you try usb tether option? It works for me but foxfi works as well. Have you installed the recent update? I believe it was something like 0.7.2. I haven't, so maybe that is the cause of you not having working wifi tether.

Sent via Droid Razr Maxx HD
then if settle for usb tether, i might as well just start with getting a mobile broadband dongle,

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlow78 View Post
Did you try usb tether option? It works for me but foxfi works as well. Have you installed the recent update? I believe it was something like 0.7.2. I haven't, so maybe that is the cause of you not having working wifi tether.

Sent via Droid Razr Maxx HD
now i see FoxFi (WiFi Tether w/o Root) 1.95
is this the version you are talking about?

or you "forgot" to mention it has to be 0.7x version in order to use?

well, all it does to reboot my phone everytime to start wifi hotspot service

LifeAsADroid
Old
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
Running JB 4.1.1 on my RMaxxHD rooted and still (as of this posting) could not get FoxFi to work. Fed up with it, used this hack procedure, and it worked beautifully. Time to put my unlimited data to work.

The best part about this hack is we've now turned a "bloatware" app into a useable app, and I can free my phone from the useless (and not bloatware itself) FoxFi, Barnicle, Wifi Tether, Open Garden, etc., etc. apps.

syntrix
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeAsADroid View Post
Running JB 4.1.1 on my RMaxxHD rooted and still (as of this posting) could not get FoxFi to work. Fed up with it, used this hack procedure, and it worked beautifully. Time to put my unlimited data to work.

The best part about this hack is we've now turned a "bloatware" app into a useable app, and I can free my phone from the useless (and not bloatware itself) FoxFi, Barnicle, Wifi Tether, Open Garden, etc., etc. apps.
Foxfi, on their play page, says it doesn't work on JB, but glad the hack worked. The free wifi tethering app was working just fine with this hack, didn't need to pay for foxfi.

lyjhd2
Old
(Last edited by lyjhd2; 25th December 2012 at 02:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
can someone help me,when i choose the correct "Settings Storage", next screen says "No databases found", tried Full Scan and Browse, nothing inside

btw, when i open sql editor, it didn't ask for superuser permition

running 4.1.1 rooted

princeplanet
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I tried this:

I downloaded the latest experimental version of wifi tether 3.3-pre 2 ( http://code.google.com/p/android-wif...downloads/list).
I set the profile to "Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)".

I was able to connect to connect my Asus Transformer Infinity to my Razr HD Maxx. Any other setting wouldn't connect. I really don't use the tethering, because I only use my TF700 inside and at home, so I don't know how long it would stay tethered, or anything else for that matter.

Transmissum est ex Transformo Infinito cum Tapatalk duo
Device: HTC One (M8)

Device: Nexus 7.2

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 - 2014
The Following User Says Thank You to princeplanet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lyjhd2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
finally, resotre 4.0, reroot the phone, update to 4.1.1, repeat every step, now it works perfect, thanks alot

canux001
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I came across this setting after doing some searching.

APN type
default,supl,mms,dun

It is the "dun" that finally allowed data access on Mobile Hotspot for Telus.
The first time I have had add this on any of my phones to get hotspot to work!!?!!
open source, I put that *#*! on everything!
Motorola Razr HD
Asus EEPad TF101

jpetrach
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabnoob View Post
****** UPDATE - Foxfi is no longer free - This hack still works!*******

Hi guys another poster tipped me off to the entilement hack to get the stock hotspot app working and I tried it and it works. I figured i would post it here to take care of people waiting for a foxfi update and to keep the procedure listed in the RAZR HD section. As always, use at your own risk.

Here's what you need:

SQL Lite Editor (not the manager) - it's $2.99 from the play store.

Here is the procedure:

1) Open SQL Lite Editor and in the default "Apps" list, scroll all the way down to "Settings Storage" but you must choose the one with the hammer and wrench graphic. There are two choices there - gotta be hammer and wrench. Tap on it to open.

2) Tap "settings.db" then tap "settings"

3) Scroll down to line 68 where it says "entitlement_check" and tap on it to highlight it and then tap on the pencil on the top of the screen to edit it.

4) Change the value from 1 to 0 and tap "save"

5) Use the back button to exit the app and hold the power button and reboot the phone.

When it starts back up just go into the "Mobile Hotspot" app provided by verizon and you're all set!

Hope this helps.
Will this work without root? And if not any ideas so I don't have to pay vzw

Droid RAZR HD running jelly bean stock

LifeAsADroid
Old
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
Not sure if it works without root. If it doesn't, I suggest you root your phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to LifeAsADroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jpetrach
Old
Thanks Meter 2
It will not work without root! Thankful for refund button.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app