Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,558 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MK809 II

Tip us?

TommeleTBone
Old
Thanks Meter 27
WiFi throughput is not faster as 600kb/s ;/.

Tried several wifi channels 13,12,11...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

J_B204
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Got my mk809 not the II and very happy. For all newcomers it needs to be very close to your router as WiFi performance isn't great.

Installed xbmc with tv catchup, bbc iPlayer, 4od and 5od together with itv player plug ins, also stream movies from my server (just a win7 netbook) and it works fine.

2 things I want it to do:

Go into standby - don't want it to stay on but don't want to keep unplugging it

Within xbmc set a timer to turn off tv catchup - there is a timer in xbmc but it only works when idle (ie not when streaming tv)

All in all, very happy.

Sent from my LT15i using xda app-developers app

RoosterX
Old
(Last edited by RoosterX; 6th January 2013 at 05:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 23
SO no matter what i do 'adb shell' just tells me device not found, allthough i can see it under device manager, any clues? Why do we need PDA net, the program installs itself on the MK809II, but i haven't startet it or anything on the phone, windows client(server?) of PDA net tells me HTC error, or something like it, is this normal?

Oh and one more thing, i have installed the latest version of FW from mk809 homepage, if i remember correctly it is dated 15/12 2012.

Within the first 20 minutes that i had this MK809II stick it crashed on me, i then took the FW above and flashed it through recovery, now after searching a bit i found links to older FW, and also a FW that is claimed to be a specific recovery FW, rk3066_T002_Launcher2_public_20121119, maybe i should flash that one first, and then maybe upgrade to latest or the one named rk3066_mk809_Launcher2_public_TFupgrade_20121121.z ip?

TommeleTBone
Old
(Last edited by TommeleTBone; 6th January 2013 at 05:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 27
Same issue here, 'device not found' while adb shell, btw, connection is established, I can also access the external sd aswell as the internal flash from the PC.

I have also latest FW.

Hmmmmm...

crashka
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommeleTBone View Post
Same issue here, 'device not found' while adb shell, btw, connection is established, I can also access the external sd aswell as the internal flash from the PC.

I have also latest FW.

Hmmmmm...

Hi!

Have you tried with other USB cable? According the 2nd comment the supplied cable is not good enough. Is the USB debugging mode enabled?

RoosterX
Old
(Last edited by RoosterX; 6th January 2013 at 08:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashka View Post
Hi!

Have you tried with other USB cable? According the 2nd comment the supplied cable is not good enough. Is the USB debugging mode enabled?
Yes i've tried 3 different cables, one is my original Samsung cable, and usb debug is enabled, how do i know if Android SDK is really using the updated .inf file? Do anyone actually have and older official recovery image, it is impossible to download the whole package from official site, download just die on my after just a few Kb.

Could the problem be that i am running 64bit version of windows?

[Edit] Since i ran Recovery update on my device, i installed the official Rockbus driver, could this maybe fxxx it up? I will try to install windows x86 on my MBP, see if that works better.

[Edit2] Ok tried win 7 x86 on my mac, same symptoms, only thing to try is to get an recovery firmware and flash it first.

[EDIT3] So anyone have the old fw lying around?

TommeleTBone
Old
(Last edited by TommeleTBone; 6th January 2013 at 09:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 27
I do have same thoughts, how do we know that the modified .inf is been used?!
I also tried several cables, debug and unkown sources are enabled. Also the pda.net soft gets installed on the stick.

Btw: i tried it from win7 32bit.
I used the sdk from developer.android.com/sdk, downloaded 4.1 aditions through sdk manager

Echelonblue
Old
(Last edited by Echelonblue; 7th January 2013 at 12:33 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Just a little edit on the post. Had the same issues with the adb shell. Device not found. My first opinion was a conflict with a former driver on my desktop. I also disabled the pdanet app in the right notification bar in Windows .

On the stick I enabled android debugging. Right after that connect to usb.
The adb shell gave te same error. But the batch file for the TS sparky hack did work. It Right away rebooted the stick.
After that I just needed to enable the connect to usb option on the stick before proceeding with the batch file.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

RoosterX
Old
(Last edited by RoosterX; 7th January 2013 at 01:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echelonblue View Post
Just a little edit on the post. Had the same issues with the adb shell. Device not found. My first opinion was a conflict with a former driver on my desktop. I also disabled the pdanet app in the right notification bar in Windows .

On the stick I enabled android debugging. Right after that connect to usb.
The adb shell gave te same error. But the batch file for the TS sparky hack did work. It Right away rebooted the stick.
After that I just needed to enable the connect to usb option on the stick before proceeding with the batch file.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
Seems like you are right, it seems like i have root now.

Thank you

[edit] Just confirmed that Droidmote works, so root is working.

Echelonblue
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterX View Post
Seems like you are right, it seems like i have root now.

Thank you

[edit] Just confirmed that Droidmote works, so root is working.
Nice to see.

don't know wy the adb shell is giving the error.. but the hack works...

The Following User Says Thank You to Echelonblue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]