Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 48,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

For those considering Liquipel...save your money.

Tip us?

FlyerOne
Old
(Last edited by FlyerOne; 2nd November 2012 at 01:36 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Thumbs down For those considering Liquipel...save your money.

Based on the proliferation of Liquipel ads appearing in the google ads of this forum (yes I know google ads are targeted), I decided that this information could help XDA'ers save themselves from being conned. Australian Choice just announced their 2012 Shonky Awards and Liquipel came in as number 3. As a result, "Based on CHOICE testing that showed the manufacturer’s claims are false, NSW Fair Trading has issued a substantiation notice under the Australian Consumer Law that requires Liquipel to justify the advertised claims."

The Choice article can be seen here.
http://www.choice.com.au/reviews-and.../liquipel.aspx

Jiibus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Interesting... considering Popular Science gave them an award for 2012 for awesomeness.

http://www.popsci.com/bown/2012/product/liquipel

FlyerOne
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Not that strange really.
One has no reason to be impartial, the other's reputation relies on it. I know who I'll believe.

Sent from my GT-P6810 using xda premium

lsauer
Old
Thanks Meter 41
The Choice testing is just as "shonky". They should have consulted with a university first. As for the company and their product. Often times, management, promotion and PR are at odds with the science department.

Clark G.
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Liquipel

Liquipel is the shiznit. I got Liquipel on my phone back in June and itís saved it from getting destroyed at least three times. I even dropped it in a bubbling jacuzzi and it survived. Iíve been a believer ever since. You canít tell anything has been done to it at all which is kinda a trip, but it comes back all clean in a nice metal container with a microfiber pouch. All in all Iíd say its worth the $59. You no longer have to worry about losing a phone over a spilled drink or a little rain. Makes you feel special

Azules9780
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is there anyone else having positive results with liquipel? Because I am seriously considering sending my phone off to have it done.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app