Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

For those considering Liquipel...save your money.

OP FlyerOne

2nd November 2012, 12:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

48 posts
Based on the proliferation of Liquipel ads appearing in the google ads of this forum (yes I know google ads are targeted), I decided that this information could help XDA'ers save themselves from being conned. Australian Choice just announced their 2012 Shonky Awards and Liquipel came in as number 3. As a result, "Based on CHOICE testing that showed the manufacturer’s claims are false, NSW Fair Trading has issued a substantiation notice under the Australian Consumer Law that requires Liquipel to justify the advertised claims."

The Choice article can be seen here.
http://www.choice.com.au/reviews-and.../liquipel.aspx
Last edited by FlyerOne; 2nd November 2012 at 01:36 AM.
28th November 2012, 06:00 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

41 posts
Interesting... considering Popular Science gave them an award for 2012 for awesomeness.

http://www.popsci.com/bown/2012/product/liquipel
28th November 2012, 10:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

48 posts
Not that strange really.
One has no reason to be impartial, the other's reputation relies on it. I know who I'll believe.

Sent from my GT-P6810 using xda premium
6th December 2012, 10:23 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 49

65 posts
The Choice testing is just as "shonky". They should have consulted with a university first. As for the company and their product. Often times, management, promotion and PR are at odds with the science department.
3rd January 2013, 10:41 PM   |  #5  

3 posts
Liquipel

Liquipel is the shiznit. I got Liquipel on my phone back in June and itís saved it from getting destroyed at least three times. I even dropped it in a bubbling jacuzzi and it survived. Iíve been a believer ever since. You canít tell anything has been done to it at all which is kinda a trip, but it comes back all clean in a nice metal container with a microfiber pouch. All in all Iíd say its worth the $59. You no longer have to worry about losing a phone over a spilled drink or a little rain. Makes you feel special
7th January 2013, 08:43 AM   |  #6  

3 posts
Is there anyone else having positive results with liquipel? Because I am seriously considering sending my phone off to have it done.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread