[MOD] Enable unlimited USB, Wifi, and Bluetooth tethering.

Search This thread

smokin1337

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2010
Virginia
If your on rooted stock then just use the CleanROM ATT SE 1.0. It's the stock ROM but with the tethering mod built in along with others. That's what I'm on right now.

Here is the link to the thread.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2075795

Sent from AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II...

Wifi tethering didn't work for me on CleanROM SE 1.0 i had to mod and recompile framework-res.apk now it works. Not sure why but the mod wasnt in the framework-res.... If this is the case for others let me know and i will post my recompiled apk.

ookba

Oct 12, 2007
LA
Wifi tethering didn't work for me on CleanROM SE 1.0 i had to mod and recompile framework-res.apk now it works. Not sure why but the mod wasnt in the framework-res.... If this is the case for others let me know and i will post my recompiled apk.
ATT changed stuff in the framework of the LK7 OTA build. Sure, post yours, thanks!

ookba

Oct 12, 2007
LA
Yea ill post it up after I edit it.

I assume this worked for you ? Just want to make sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
Cool, thanks. Trying now, I'm not on CleanROM but I'll test on stock.

Yea, seems to work on stock LK7. Had to connect twice for it to work.

Last edited:

Carlrobling

Jun 14, 2010
Lafayette, IN
Here you go it's a modified framework-res.apk from CleanROM ATT SE 1.0 and a CleanROM ATT SE 1.0 stock just in case something goes wrong.

Modded Framework Flashable zip

Stock Framework Flashabe zip

Grab them both just in case and flash the modded one in recovery

Tried this on stock rooted. Tethering turned on. Haven't tried connecting to it. Im going to say thanks here and use the thanks button lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

OmegaNemesis28

Nov 30, 2012
Here you go it's a modified framework-res.apk from CleanROM ATT SE 1.0 and a CleanROM ATT SE 1.0 stock just in case something goes wrong.

I tried the modded framework one on a 4.1.2 stock rom, rooted with CF-Auto-Root, and it failed. I just got stuck in a boot loop of animations from Samsung/ATT.
I had to sideload the stock framework zip in recovery mode.

smokin1337

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2010
Virginia
@omeganemisis28 Sorry the ones I made are from deodexed roms.... If you want to post a link to your framework-res.apk and the .dex file I will mod it for you.

I added that its for deodexed now. I should have thought about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: JdgM3NT4L

braddman

Feb 17, 2008
I uninstalled the Tethering Provision APK and my tethering works perfectly. It wouldn't work before that. Not sure it I'll have any issues from AT&T now but I'll let you all know. After reading this thread though I can't help but think maybe I did something wrong by not doing it this way???

Last edited:

NMonster69

Jul 19, 2009
Apopka, FL.
@omeganemisis28 Sorry the ones I made are from deodexed roms.... If you want to post a link to your framework-res.apk and the .dex file I will mod it for you.

I added that its for deodexed now. I should have thought about that.

What directory are those files in. Looked in /system/apps and didn't see them. I will upload them to my web server if I can find them.

NMonster69

Jul 19, 2009
Apopka, FL.
In /system/framework

Ok, just copied them to my sd. Will upload to my web server.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

In /system/framework

I put them at the following location on my server.

http://www.industrial-logic.com/EnableTether/

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

In /system/framework

If you would like to host your files on my server, you are more than welcome to. To show my appreciation. These file sharing sites suck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all. My first mod on the GNII. It's the result of ideas I had (modifying tetheringprovision.apk) and a bud (Electron73) had (modifying framework-res.apk) to restore the innate tethering ability of Android that AT$T loves to nuke for some reason...

The original idea came from Electron's thread post here and seeing as how I just got my new Note II I figured I'd try it out.. Eureka.. It works.

Again as you saw the idea was his.. Just a much cleaner mod that my modded Provision that fooled the simcard.

I've tested it on my device but as usual take the standard precautions... Back up before applying.

My phone is pure stock excluding this mod but I'm sure that'll be changing and I'll keep this up to date as I can.

Good luck and feedback is welcomed.

4Shared link - Flashable zipfile.. I use TWRP but should be fine in CWM.
    Ok try this and let me know its the stock DEODEXED lk7 framework-res with tethering.

Stock LK7 Modded

Ok here you go...Stock odexed modified for tethering, and the stock files just in case something goes wrong. Both flashable in recovery.

Modded LK7 Odexed

Stock LK7 Odexed

Let me know if it works or not.
    Just to NOTE. That AT&T Lte data plan & if your on an unlimited plan than your data cap is set to 10 gigs, b4 they slow you down. :what:
    But we'll b using this thanx

Side note: when I tethered my Xbox from my phone they sent me a msg telling me about tethering plan. But just for normal use everyone will b ok. I get no msg from AT&T ever!:D