Windows RT Whitelist Flash tool V1.0

Search This thread

TheDroidKid

Jan 8, 2013
Updated! *******02/25/2013*********

Backup feature added
The script will no longer kill active logins and cookies

Hello Everyone,

So I have an RT device and I been looking around the forums and saw a lot of people trying to add websites to the whitelist so they could get there flash sites working and were having issues. I now have created a script that will allow you to add websites and custom white lists without any issues.

Neowin.net article.
http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-rt-flash-player-tool-lets-you-easily-white-list-websites

WPCentral.com article.
http://www.wpcentral.com/windows-rt-flash-player-tool-brings-flash-content-your-surface-browser

betanews.com article.
http://betanews.com/2013/01/14/use-...tool-to-add-more-websites-to-ie10s-whitelist/

redmondpie.com article.
http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-add-any-site-to-ie10-flash-whitelist-in-windows-rt-the-easy-way/

Download Links below...

http://www.filedropper.com/windowsrtwhitelistflashtoolv16

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yfom9j

http://droidkid.wordpress.com/project-windows-rt-flash-player-tool/

Here is a video on how it works

*******Update!*******

Current Bugs:

Takes about 2 and half minutes for it to add the website you choose to the list, not that big of a deal. However I’m working on fixing it.
Please report any bugs I will attempt to resolve them ASAP.

Thank you guys for all your support, I will update this thread as soon as the new release is available

Last edited:

Bjray

Mar 11, 2011
Texas
I almost thought this was the first firmware flash tool haha... Anyway your tool works great thanks!

Marvin_S

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2010
Nice work :)

Btw I read on neowin about this tool deleting logins etc.

I think it has to delete browsing history or clear the cache in order to work. I dont think it will work without deleting one of those.

Let me know if you find a method to make it work without the need to delete browsing history and then ill add it to the other thread.

Regards

TheDroidKid

Jan 8, 2013
Nice work :)

Btw I read on neowin about this tool deleting logins etc.

I think it has to delete browsing history or clear the cache in order to work. I dont think it will work without deleting one of those.

Let me know if you find a method to make it work without the need to delete browsing history and then ill add it to the other thread.

Regards

Yeah it will delete your stored login information.

I think i can get it to work without deleting the saved password information. I will be working on that this weekend along with a few more tweaks. I really just wanted to get it out there and have more people testing it.

If someone can confirm exactly what needs to be cleared I can adjust the settings in the script. Otherwise I will do my testing and find out.

THEBIG360

Jan 10, 2009
Will not work for me gives me an error saying

duplicate files exists or cannot find file, something along them lines. I have not added any address manually and I restored the default list as shown in the video.

What am I doing wrong?

TheDroidKid

Jan 8, 2013
Will not work for me gives me an error saying

duplicate files exists or cannot find file, something along them lines. I have not added any address manually and I restored the default list as shown in the video.

What am I doing wrong?

Ah can you please open the run command and navigate to %temp% and delete everything within and let me know if it works after that. if it does I can fix this in the next release.

THEBIG360

Jan 10, 2009
Yep that worked mate thanks, it rakes a while to add my entry but I know you are aware of that's.

Thanks for this tool it is awesome.

TheDroidKid

Jan 8, 2013
Answer!

can anyone see how to get slipstreamtv.com to work. I dont know how to find the site for the player

Hey so I looked into it for you. I got it to work it wasn't to hard. So what is happening is the acutal video is hosted on another site so not only will you need to add slipstreamtv.com you will need to add the site that hosts the actual live TV. Now to find out the website that is hosting it all you have to do on a regular computer that has flash enabled you will need to right click where the video box is and click "settings" then click the little folder icon and it will show you the website where it is getting the stream from. I have posted pictures on how to do it.

However in this case it looks like slipstreamtv.com uses udemy.com but a lot one more website that I found by going through the HTML source of the website. I added the following site and it worked without an issue.
slipstreamtv.com
udemy.com
sawlive.tv

Cheers,

View attachment 1636726

View attachment 1636727

Remember sometimes you may need to look at the HTML code on the source page.

illidanx

Jan 3, 2013
I have a question. Not to complain or anything. Why don't we set the required domain as "debug domain" in registry instead of messing with the white list? In my experience, using debug domain trick is much cleaner and it still allow the while list to get updated by Microsoft.

TheDroidKid

Jan 8, 2013
I have a question. Not to complain or anything. Why don't we set the required domain as "debug domain" in registry instead of messing with the white list? In my experience, using debug domain trick is much cleaner and it still allow the while list to get updated by Microsoft.

Hey, I choose to do it this way because I did not want to add a ton of strings into the Registry. I'd rather play around with the white list then with the registry. I will be updating the custom white list thats within the tool often so that it will be very much up to date as Microsoft and contain custom ones as well.

epidemic215

Sep 2, 2010
Pensacola, Philadelphia
Hey so I looked into it for you. I got it to work it wasn't to hard. So what is happening is the acutal video is hosted on another site so not only will you need to add slipstreamtv.com you will need to add the site that hosts the actual live TV. Now to find out the website that is hosting it all you have to do on a regular computer that has flash enabled you will need to right click where the video box is and click "settings" then click the little folder icon and it will show you the website where it is getting the stream from. I have posted pictures on how to do it.

However in this case it looks like slipstreamtv.com uses udemy.com but a lot one more website that I found by going through the HTML source of the website. I added the following site and it worked without an issue.
slipstreamtv.com
udemy.com
sawlive.tv

Cheers,

View attachment 1636726

View attachment 1636727

Remember sometimes you may need to look at the HTML code on the source page.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts