[Q] Best stock and custom ROM

OP yourpappa

9th June 2012, 05:44 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 15

25 posts
Thumbs up cherry mobile's rom is better
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourpappa

*I wanted to post this in the development forum but the site wouldnt let me as I am new , so any moderator may feel free to shift it*

I wanted to ask which is the best 2.3 stock ROM for the X6 (as each company brings out its own firmware)

New buyers please read this thread first .( It has all Custom and Stock ROM download links too :- Thanks Haree)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1288293

The thread closest to this topic I could find was

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1274063

but nothing's clearly concluded on that one.So which company provides the best stock ROM

Spice (link not working since 10 days)
Wellcom (whole site unavailable - checked only today)
Cherry (only one thats working)

People are free to post links of other company ROM if they exist.And which is the best Custom ROM. Can anybody tell the pros and cons of each ROM, which service is not working ,etc . Is there any custom ROM out there that has everything running (front cam, FM, etc)

I have read the individual threads for each ROM and links are here but one sibgle thread to discuss and compare them would provide new buyers good info

MIUI
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1264639

Cyanogenmod 7.1
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1283268

Andro-id RC2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1264622

Oh and I hope we'll be able Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich which probably will be unveiled on 19 Oct 2011 along with Google Nexus Prime

Spice's rom comes with plenty of useless system apps like s-unno, blueberry messenger, and more craps....
Cherry's rom is cleaner, otherwise not much difference
9th June 2012, 06:12 PM   |  #52  
Recognized Contributor
Flag CHENNAI
Thanks Meter: 692

3,869 posts
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by paarkhi

ROM works perfectly fine and can take neck to neck with sharp Modded, everything works perfectly, If you want to know anything specific then you ask, I'll try to answer.... even WiFi HotSpot works

hi
ok ill give it a shot tomm
15th October 2012, 10:44 PM   |  #53  
Delhi
Thanks Meter: 26

102 posts
More
"n
Ofcourse its qiss rom and cm10 for me...
16th October 2012, 03:54 AM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Talking
i've tried almost custom rom, and i think that RC3 still the best that give me stable rom and everything is works !! i like IcecoldSanwich 8.6 1 too but the camera still problem
16th October 2012, 05:55 AM   |  #55  
Flag Surabaya
Thanks Meter: 18

126 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09436

i've tried almost custom rom, and i think that RC3 still the best that give me stable rom and everything is works !! i like IcecoldSanwich 8.6 1 too but the camera still problem

Where's icecoldsandwich 8.6.1 for our device....?? How does it performance compare to 8.4 ...?? Camera problem on camcorder only....??

Sent from my FIH FB0 using xda developer app..
Currently using : CSL MI410 on AOKP ICS 8.4 with abenagiel latest kernel for cm9...
2nd January 2013, 04:56 PM   |  #56  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

49 posts
Hey people...
I came back after a long time(damn 12th class wont let me breath) and saw the huge increase in activity for our phone.
Since I'm bored of MOkee ( the one released maybe in summer 2012- yes I havent updated since then), I want to try something new but I have no idea about the performance of all the roms.

So can people again participate in the best ROM competition. Please post all the pros and cons of each ROM. There may not be an absolute best ROM ( and remember that EVERY ROM is important and noteworthy because of the hardwork put in by our awesome devs), but please do tell how it fares in looks, performance ,battery, smoothness, etc in comparison to other ROMs.

Also please tell your kernel and governer along with the ROM you are using.

Thanks people
Last edited by yourpappa; 2nd January 2013 at 04:59 PM.
3rd January 2013, 02:37 PM   |  #57  
new delhi
Thanks Meter: 4

12 posts
More
Using following rom with kernel provided and rcset's settings tried pimping it changing kernels and governer's setting..but I found the more tweaking I was doing the more laggy it gets..so one day I just reflashed it and voila no lagginess, no problems, though I admit its not gaming friendly rom I still love it for its performance and beauty love the Buffy theme on it

Rom : miui v4-2.8.3 by RCSET
kernel : ardx 2.6.35.7
4th January 2013, 08:47 PM   |  #58  
OP Member

49 posts
Thanks Lalit,

Sorry for the late reply, exams.

How many RoMs have you compared? Can you post benchmarks or informally telll performance comparison to other ROMS?Nevertheless I will give this ROM a look

Others are implored to give their inputs.
5th January 2013, 09:24 PM   |  #59  
OP Member

49 posts
Bump, anybody?
11th January 2013, 12:23 PM   |  #60  
Flag Binangonan, RIzal
Thanks Meter: 10

65 posts
More
for me
i like custom roms whose based in CM7.2. i can easily make my personal setting so i can overclock or underclock the cpu and change governors. for cm9 based, i hate it because of it eats more ram than cm7.2.
for stock rom, i like wellcom a99 rom.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread