Can't get Beautiful Widgets to work

Search This thread

Cmonsta

May 1, 2011
So I installed Widget app picker so I can choose widgets on my KFHD. But I can't get Beautiful Widgets to work. It always closes. I've tried searching for the answer. I apologize if there's already a topic on this. I've seen screenshots of others getting it to work. Need help! Thanks in advance

evildread

Nov 26, 2012
So I installed Widget app picker so I can choose widgets on my KFHD. But I can't get Beautiful Widgets to work. It always closes. I've tried searching for the answer. I apologize if there's already a topic on this. I've seen screenshots of others getting it to work. Need help! Thanks in advance

I also couldn't get beautiful widgets to work. I think it's because of the weather additions to the widgets, which don't seem to work properly with the kindle :(

Sent from my KF-HD7

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Beautiful Widgets on Kindle Fire HD and 2

Cmonsta,

There is a known problem with Beautiful Widgets and the Kindle Fire HD. We currently have an email out to the

developer Levelup Studio: http://support.levelupstudio.com/, as well as a post in the Knowledgeable. We will

post the solution as soon as they respond.

Cmonsta

May 1, 2011

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Beautiful Widgets on Kindle Fire HD and 2 - Version 4.10.2

Thanks for the update! Looks like everyone has as an earlier version which works

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

Cmonsta,

Look what I found on our storage array? Beautiful Widgets V4.10.2 this is an older version:

<<Cmonsta PM us for the link - Leflou has distributed this version at N/C but the WILL NOT

support version 4.10.2.>>

Before you attempt to install this version be sure to remove the new version, reboot

then install this version. When the developer responds with a fix I will post it to this

forum.

Last edited:

kgyuszko

Jan 2, 2013
confused!

Cmonsta,

Look what I found on our storage array? Beautiful Widgets V4.10.2 this is an older version:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54456659/beautifulwidgets-4102-4.10.2.apk

Before you attempt to install this version be sure to remove the new version, reboot

then install this version. When the developer responds with a fix I will post it to this

forum.

Hi everyone, not sure if i am being completly stupid here, but when i unzip the zip file to desktop ready to transfer to KFHD, i was looking for the .apk expension, but i get 3 or 4 folders and no .apk file?- am i missing something, or just being a noob:confused:

Reborn627

Aug 11, 2011
Goffstown, NH
OK, I'm not trying to start anything or be a jerk. That is definitely not my intention. However, because Beautiful Widgets is a paid app/widget is it right to post it here? I'm just curious whether this is a violation of some sort. If the makers of the app/widget have given permission I'll shut my mouth and move on. I understand that the version posted is an older version but in all of my searching, even older version of BW were not free.

Again, I'm just asking a question. I'm not trying to start anything.

Thanks,
Ray

Last edited:

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Beautiful Widgets on Kindle Fire HD and 2 - Version 4.10.2

OK, I'm not trying to start anything or be a jerk. That is definitely not my intention. However, because Beautiful Widgets is a paid app/widget is it right to post it here? I'm just curious whether this is a violation of some sort. If the makers of the app/widget have given permission I'll shut my mouth and move on. I understand that the version posted is an older version but in all of my searching, even older version of BW were not free.

Again, I'm just asking a question. I'm not trying to start anything.

Thanks,
Ray

Reborn627 (Ray),

This was distributed to us through Leflou at Levelup Studio, she stated "since this is an unsupported version, it is OK to

post the answer to your client but be aware we no longer support this version, so if there is a problem, we will not be

able to help..." Do not worry Reborn627, I am extremely cautious regarding distributing software and since I can

communicate with Cmonsta through PM, I will remove the post just to keep everyone happy.:good:

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Hi everyone, not sure if i am being completly stupid here, but when i unzip the zip file to desktop ready to transfer to KFHD, i was looking for the .apk expension, but i get 3 or 4 folders and no .apk file?- am i missing something, or just being a noob:confused:

kgyuszko,

We posted the link in error, unless you own a Beautiful Widget license, this version can not be distributed

to you, sorry for the confusion. We have removed the link and software.:crying:

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Can't Not Get Beautiful Widgets To Work On The Kindle Fire HD and 2

Cmonsta,

I know this has been a long time but last night the solution came to us!:good: If you have a Kindle Fire 2 or HD with Root permissions please follow these steps to get the latest version of Beautiful Widgets to work on the Kindle Fire HD Series or Kindle Fire 2:

Step 1: Install a Beautiful Widgets license by using Google Play Store - Search for Beautiful Widgets and select Beautiful Widgets from Levelup Studio (pay attention to the logo, we will use this in the next step) select Install, then Accept & download - wait for the package to install

Step 2: Using either ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, navigate to /data/app folder, find the icon that matches the above install. The icon will be named something like: com.levelup.beautifulwidgets or com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk - please long press on the icon named com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk (may have a slightly different name on your kindle) select Move. Next Move com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk to /system/app

Step 3: Next find com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk in system/app folder. Long press on com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk and select Permissions on Root Explorer or Properties on ES File Explorer. Change the Permissions to User: Read Write Group: Read and Others: Read

Step 4: Reboot the Kindle

Step 5: Add a Beautiful Widget - the service no longer crashes

Cmonsta

May 1, 2011
Thanks!

Cmonsta,

I know this has been a long time but last night the solution came to us!:good: If you have a Kindle Fire 2 or HD with Root permissions please follow these steps to get the latest version of Beautiful Widgets to work on the Kindle Fire HD Series or Kindle Fire 2:

Step 1: Install a Beautiful Widgets license by using Google Play Store - Search for Beautiful Widgets and select Beautiful Widgets from Levelup Studio (pay attention to the logo, we will use this in the next step) select Install, then Accept & download - wait for the package to install

Step 2: Using either ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, navigate to /data/app folder, find the icon that matches the above install. The icon will be named something like: com.levelup.beautifulwidgets or com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk - please long press on the icon named com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk (may have a slightly different name on your kindle) select Move. Next Move com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk to /system/app

Step 3: Next find com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk in system/app folder. Long press on com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk and select Permissions on Root Explorer or Properties on ES File Explorer. Change the Permissions to User: Read Write Group: Read and Others: Read

Thanks for the update!

kgyuszko

Jan 2, 2013
Query?

Cmonsta,

Hi Guys

Followed this to the letter, and it works, and doesnt appear to crash... but (and this has the potential to be a really d'oh moment)
Beautiful widget is installed, as i can double click icon , and change settings, but the actual widget, how to i get it on screen???its not available under add widgets,so what am i doing wrong!1:confused::confused:

I have rooted the kfhd by the way:)