[SAMSUNG GALAXY CAMERA TOOLKIT V1.0] Drivers, Backup, Root, Firmware + MORE

Search This thread

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
INTRODUCING THE SAMSUNG GALAXY CAMERA TOOLKIT

The Unified Android Toolkit brings together all the Nexus and Samsung Toolkits and supports a multitude of Nexus and Samsung devices. There is also an option at startup to run a Basic Android Toolkit which any Android device can use to install drivers, make app backups, install apk files, reboot the device into different modes and run a command prompt for manual input.

FUNCTIONS OF UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT
* Install correct adb/fastboot drivers automatically on Windows xp/vista/7/8 32bit+64bit
* Backup/Restore a single package or all apps, user data and Internal Storage
* Backup your data from selectable folders [internal or external storage] to your PC for a Full Safe backup of data
* Unlock/Re-Lock your Bootloader [Nexus modules]
* Various Root options using insecure boot image or custom recovery
* 1-Click For All to Unlock, Root, Rename the Restore Files and install busybox [Nexus modules]
* ALLINONE to flash custom Recovery Root, Rename the Restore Files and install busybox [Samsung modules]
* Fix “Superuser/SuperSU has stopped” message after rooting [Samsung modules]
* Perform a FULL NANDROID Backup of your system (Boot, Cache, Data, Recovery and System) via adb and save in Custom Recovery format on your PC which can be Restored via CWM Recovery [if insecure boot image available]
* Pull /data and /system folders, compress to a .tar file and save to your PC [if insecure boot image available]
* Dump selected Phone Partitions, compress to a .zip file with md5 and save to your PC [if insecure boot image available]
* Install BusyBox on your device
* Install Samsung Knox notification disabler on your device [Samsung modules]
* Install Root checker on your device [to be added to the Nexus modules]
* Extras, Tips and Tricks section with downloadable device user guide
* Auto Update ToolKit to latest available version at startup [PRO ONLY FEATURE]
* Check for latest versions of Superuser [root] and custom Recovery images [PRO ONLY FEATURE]
* Program up to 10 Quickpick slots and run them very quickly [PRO ONLY FEATURE]
* Mods section to automatically perform certain tasks on your phone
* Download Stock Firmware Image for extracting and flashing
* Check md5 of stock image to make sure downloaded file isn’t corrupted before flashing [Nexus modules]
* Flash Custom Recovery or Stock Firmware Image to device
* Rename the Recovery Restore File present on some Stock Roms
* Boot into CWM Touch, TWRP or Stock Recovery without Flashing it [Nexus modules]
* Boot or Flash .img Files directly from your PC [Nexus modules]
* Install a single apk or multiple apk’s to your device
* Push Files from your PC to your device
* Pull Files from your device to your PC
* Dump selected LogCat buffers to your PC
* Dump BugReport to your PC
* Set Files Permissions on your device
* Open new Command Prompt for manual input
* Reboot device to various Modes automatically
* Display Important Information about your device
* Display various Help and Information screens and save a screenshot to your pc/send to default printer
* Many many more features

————————————————————–

Supported devices and latest supported builds *HERE*

————————————————————–

Snap_2014.04.25_15h41m57s_003_SkipSoft+Unified+Android+ToolKit+V1-2-8.png

Snap_2014.04.25_15h36m53s_001_Administrator-+++SkipSoft+Android+ToolKit.png

Snap_2014.04.25_15h41m23s_002_Administrator-+++SkipSoft+Android+ToolKit+-+Samsung+Galaxy+Camera+V2-0-0.png

Snap_2014.03.21_22h11m08s_003_Administrator-+++SkipSoft+Android+ToolKit+-+Samsung+Galaxy+Note3+V1-0-0.png

Snap_2014.03.10_15h40m42s_008_Administrator-+++SkipSoft+Android+ToolKit+-+Samsung+Galaxy+S3+V8-0-0.png

Snap_2014.03.10_15h40m57s_009_Administrator-+++SkipSoft+Android+ToolKit+-+Samsung+Galaxy+S3+V8-0-0.png

--------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD THE SKIPSOFT UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT *HERE* (FROM SKIPSOFT.NET)

NOTE2: As the exe files are not Digitally Signed with a Microsoft Certificate they ‘may’ get picked up as potentially harmful by Antivirus Programs and deleted on first run. If this happens restore the file and exclude it from future scans to use it. This seems to happen mostly on AVG Free and Norton which is why I switched to BitDefender which is much better.

Credits: ChainsDD for Superuser, Chainfire for SuperSU, koush and the clockworkmod team for cwm and the universal driver pack, 1wayjonny for the adb/fastboot driver pack, Adam Lange for all his support and help with the insecure kernels, Viperboy for the Knox Disabler app, Stephen Erickson for the BusyBox installer app, BurrowsApps for the Root Checker app, fOmey for TWRP for the Galaxy Gear

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PUBLIC (FREE) AND PROFESSIONAL (DONATE) VERSIONS?
THE PUBLIC VERSION OF THE TOOLKIT INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU COULD NEED TO MANIPULATE YOUR DEVICE. NOTHING IS RESTRICTED.

ACTIVATING THE PROFESSIONAL VERSION ADDS THE MOST USEFUL FUNCTION IN THE TOOLKIT, THE ABILITY TO CHECK FOR ‘AUTO UPDATES’ DIRECTLY VIA THE TOOLKIT AND HAVE THEM PUSHED TO YOUR PC RIGHT AWAY AS SOON AS THEY ARE UPLOADED WITHOUT NEEDING TO DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE TOOLKIT EVERY TIME. YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE LATEST VERSION AS SOON AS IT IS MADE AVAILABLE. THIS MEANS SMALLER UPDATES CAN BE SENT OUT MORE FREQUENTLY, SUCH AS ADDING A SINGLE FUNCTION, FIXING A BUG OR ADDING COMPATIBILITY FOR A SINGLE CARRIER. THE SMALLER UPDATES WILL BE COMPILED AND RELEASED TO THE XDA COMMUNITY AS A FULL (PUBLIC) DOWNLOAD VERSION SO PROFESSIONAL VERSIONS ARE ALWAYS UPDATED SOONER.
THE PRO VERSION ALSO ADDS THE ABILITY TO CHECK FOR THE LATEST VERSION OF SUPERUSER AND RECOVERY FILES AND DOWNLOAD THEM DIRECTLY TO THE TOOLKIT.
THE ‘QUICK PICKS’ SECTION[/B] ALLOWS YOU TO PROGRAM UPTO 10 SLOTS WITH TASKS THAT YOU MAY PERFORM ON A REGULAR BASIS OR JUST WANT TO KEEP A SET OF TASKS IN 1 PLACE. THEN JUST SELECT THE SLOT AND IT WILL REMEMBER ALL YOUR SETTINGS FOR THAT TASK AND RUN IT.

AUTO REPLY LINKS FOR PAYPAL TO GET A CODE INSTANTLY CAN BE FOUND AT http://goo.gl/nyGqv

2. USING THE UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT

When starting the Toolkit you will first be asked which device you want to work with. The basic Toolkit files are included in the full install package but if you select a device then the working folders will be created and the device files downloaded. Once the files have been extracted the Toolkit will ask if you want to check if an Update is available (for pro users to download/install). If you type ‘no’ then you will be taken to the Model/Build selection screen where you can do a number of things:
Type ’00' to enter your activation code and enable pro features, ‘i’ will take you to the Information and Help Section, ‘a’ will give you information on how to add support for a new build, ’99' will take you to the Basic Toolkit for quick use or if you do not have a supported device and want to perform general android tasks.

Supported builds are listed in the Model/Build selection screen and typing the associated number (i.e. 11) will download needed boot and recovery files (stock and custom recovery) then check for and download the latest custom recovery and superuser files available (pro versions only), verify all the files and start the Main Menu. You can now use all the functions and tools the Android Toolkit offers.

The Information section which you can get to from the Model Selection screen or from the Main Menu has a wealth of help and frequently asked questions. If you need help then please look there first before asking questions in the thread.

USEFUL INFORMATION

How to get into Recovery Mode
1. Push the Zoom rocker on the top to the right [zoom in]. Keep holding it and push the Power button in for around 10 seconds until you see the white Samsung screen
2. Let go of everything and the device will boot into Recovery mode

NOTE: To reboot to your OS hold the Power button until the device buzzes and you see the white Samsung screen

How to get into Download Mode (For Odin)
1. Push the Zoom rocker on the top to the left [zoom out]. Keep holding it and push the Power button in for around 10 seconds until you see a warning screen
2. Push the Zoom rocker on the top to the right [zoom in] to boot the device into Download mode

NOTE: To scroll through the menu use the Zoom rocker on top and to select press the Power button

ChangeLog:

Unified Android ToolKit v1.2.8 (25th April 2014)
+Added Samsung Galaxy Camera support
+Added cwm recovery by twistedumbrella to enable custom recovery actions

ToolKit v1.0 (15th January 2013)
+Initial Release

*DISCLAIMER*

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.

Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
**FAQ**

Q. Help me I can't find my build in the Model Selection Screen

The Toolkit includes a selection of Insecure Boot Images to cover all the different builds available. As there are very many different builds it is impossible to include an image for every single build but some builds share the same Boot Image. If you have a build that isnt listed on the Model Selection Screen you can therefore use a similar build. The best way to go is up to the next available build as it should offer more compatibility with the build you are using but if that isn't available then try the next build below your one as it should still be almost identical as long as it is the same version (ie. 4.1.1).

The Model Selection Screen is there so that if a task in the ToolKit requires an insecure kernel [to perform adb root commands] and your phone doesnt already include one, a compatible boot image [with an insecure kernel included] can be flashed to provide adb root access.

If you have a Custom Rom flashed to your phone then it will most probably have an insecure kernel included so it doesn't really matter if your build is not listed on the Model Selection Screen and when asked [by certain functions] if you have an insecure kernel on your phone you can answer 'yes'. However if the function fails then your kernel may not be insecure in which case you can flash one from the ToolKit. If you need to do this make sure the right build [or closest available build] is set so you flash the right image for your phone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. What is ADB Shell?

Adb shell is a linux command line tool (because android is based on linux) used to send commands to your android device. For S-ON devices, this is crucial for modifying files in the /system partition (where the rom sits) as you cannot modify anything in /system when the rom is running without S-OFF like removing system apps.

Q. Is there currently no way to root the Samsung Galaxy S3 without voiding the warranty?

All methods of rooting will void your warranty in some way as you will have superuser files on your phone that arent supposed to be there. Flashing a custom kernel or recovery to root will increase the flash counter and also void any warranty. If you dont want to risk it or you aren't sure then you shouldnt really be flashing your phone and should just leave it alone. Its your choice .

Q. Will flashing Stock ROM via odin using the toolkit replace everything that was flashed before? recovery? etc?

Yes a Stock Image flashed via Odin will replace all your key partitions (boot, recovery, system) with the stock firmware. If you want to reset the phone back to an 'out of the box' state then you want to enter recovery and do a wipe first which will reformat your userdata partition.

Q. I flashed Custom Recovery but each time I reboot the Stock Recovery is back

There is an auto recovery restore system on certain Stock Android Builds that will reflash the Stock Recovery if you flash CWM on a Stock Rom.

Use Root Explorer to Mount the system folder as R/W (or use a free app from Google Play such as ES File Explorer). Rename the files /system/recovery-from-boot.p and /system/etc/install-recovery.sh (requires root). Now when you flash Custom Recovery it will NOT be overwritten after a reboot. You can also do this via the Toolkit.

Q. My AntiVirus program says the Toolkit files may be harmful

The exe compiled files are not digitally signed with a Microsoft certificate (as they cost money) so certain AntiVirus programs (mainly Norton and AVG Free) may pick it up as potentially harmful when it is not. They will pick up ANY file that doesn't contain a purchased Microsoft certificate in the same way. Just Restore the deleted file and exclude it from further scans and it will be fine. Or switch to a better AntiVirus program such as BitDefender.

Q. I am having trouble getting adb working with the drivers installed

Try switching your connection type from media (MTP) mode to camera mode (P2P). To do this open the notification area, click where it says connected as and change from MTP to PTP.

Q. When connecting the phone I get 'USB Device not Recognized' and no serial number shows in the ToolKit

I actually had this problem recently and what fixed it for me was to make sure that the drivers have been installed, then shut my phone down plug the usb cable in and restart it. The phone booted up and the device was recognized and drivers installed correctly. May not work for everyone but worth trying.

Last edited:

apprentice

Apr 22, 2005
NORWICH, England
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Whoa!! This is awesome! I have used your toolkits for my Samsung Galaxy S3 and my Note II and really pleased to see you developed a kit for the Galaxy Camera ツ very impressed with these utilities and they've been so useful so far.

Thanks for the effort you put in fella.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
SAMSUNG GALAXY CAMERA TOOLKIT AUTO UPDATE V1.1.0 [18TH JAN 2013] AVAILABLE!!

Changelog:
+Added LTE MODEL [EK-KC120S] support to Model Selection screen
+Minor bug fixes and improvements to code
+Added LTE MODEL [EK-KC120S] link support to Firmware download section

[Auto Updates are only accessible if you have donated to the Toolkit project, received an activation code and unlocked the donator features. Auto Updates are a much faster and easier way of pushing small updates that would otherwise not be worth doing. I can push a single textual change or add support for a new build without having to go through the whole process of building a full version and uploading a large file. IF you are not able to or do not want to donate to unlock the Auto Update feature (and other donator features) then all the smaller updates are collated and a full build made when I have time or if there are enough updates to warrant it. This is the easiest way to make sure all the Toolkits are as up to date as possible. IF you have any views about this please pm me about them and do not post in the open thread]

Enjoy :)

Mark.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Still no support for the VZW model?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
Verizon have seen fit to block the bootloader just like they lock everything else. I dont know why people who are insterested in messing around with their devices bothers going through verizon as they try to make it as hard as possible. I dont have the expertise to mess around with the bootloader so unless someone like Adam Outler looks into it I doubt you will be able to do much with it.

You can still use the Toolkit to do minor actions such as install apk's, adb backup but nothing that requires an insecure boot image or root.

Mark.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
SAMSUNG GALAXY CAMERA TOOLKIT AUTO UPDATE V1.2.0 [5TH MARCH 2013] AVAILABLE!!

Changelog:
+Added full support for EK-GC100 4.1.2 BMA1 Build
+Added full support for EK-KC120S 4.1.2 AMA2 Build
+Added download links to new builds to the Firmware download section
+Updated SuperSU Root files to latest version [V1.20]
+Added TWRP NAND Backup/Restore feature to Backup/Restore section in Toolkit
+Updated code in main Toolkit to latest version

[Auto Updates are only accessible if you have donated to the Toolkit project, received an activation code and unlocked the professional features. Auto Updates are a much faster and easier way of pushing small updates that would otherwise not be worth doing. I can push a single textual change or add support for a new build without having to go through the whole process of building a full version and uploading a large file. IF you are not able to or do not want to donate to unlock the Auto Update feature (and other professional features) then all the smaller updates are collated and a full build made when I have time or if there are enough updates to warrant it. This is the easiest way to make sure all the Toolkits are as up to date as possible. IF you have any views about this please pm me about them and do not post in the open thread]

Enjoy.

Mark.

Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
SAMSUNG GALAXY CAMERA TOOLKIT AUTO UPDATE V1.2.2 [18TH MARCH 2013] AVAILABLE!!

Changelog:
+Added support for WIFI ONLY MODEL [EK-GC110] 4.1.2 AMC2 Build
+Updated SuperSU root to latest version [1.25] and built into Toolkit
+Updated procedures in Toolkit and improved text where needed
+Added option to exit on the Model Selection screen

[Auto Updates are only accessible if you have donated to the Toolkit project, received an activation code and unlocked the professional features. Auto Updates are a much faster and easier way of pushing small updates that would otherwise not be worth doing. I can push a single textual change or add support for a new build without having to go through the whole process of building a full version and uploading a large file. IF you are not able to or do not want to donate to unlock the Auto Update feature (and other professional features) then all the smaller updates are collated and a full build made when I have time or if there are enough updates to warrant it. This is the easiest way to make sure all the Toolkits are as up to date as possible. IF you have any views about this please pm me about them and do not post in the open thread]

Mark.

Last edited:

GreenBot

Jul 27, 2010
Work Flawlessly on the All in one root! Can't wait for the custom recovery.

This is actually not my first time using your tools. If I donate, do I get access to the other device tool kits as well?

Thanks for your great work!:good:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Work Flawlessly on the All in one root! Can't wait for the custom recovery.

This is actually not my first time using your tools. If I donate, do I get access to the other device tool kits as well?

Thanks for your great work!:good:
Activation codes will only work on the Toolkit that they are generated for.

Mark.

xiaoan

Mar 6, 2006
Gc100xxbmc3

Hi there,

Will there be any root support for XXBMC3 rom for galaxy camera in singapore?

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
SAMSUNG GALAXY CAMERA TOOLKIT AUTO UPDATE V1.3.0 [17TH MAY 2013] AVAILABLE!!

Changelog:
+Added Clockworkmod Root method 1.0.1.8 to replace ChainsDD method for better support
+Added Toolkit Hard Reset option in Toolkit Settings screen
+Added bypass model selection screen and go straight to main menu for simple tasks
+Added support for EK-GC100 upto 4.1.2 build BMD1
+Added support for EK-GC110 upto 4.1.2 build AMC4
+Added support for EK-KC120S upto 4.1.2 build AMD2
+Added new firmware links to download section
+Bug fixes and improvements to main code

Snap_2013.05.17_22h50m57s_002_.png

[Auto Updates are only accessible if you have donated to the Toolkit project, received an activation code and unlocked the Professional Version. Auto Updates are a much faster and easier way of pushing small updates that would otherwise not be worth doing. I can push a single textual change or add support for a new build without having to go through the whole process of building a full version and uploading a large file. IF you are not able to or do not want to donate to unlock the Auto Update feature (and other professional features) then all the smaller updates are collated and a full build made when I have time or if there are enough updates to warrant it. This is the easiest way to make sure all the Toolkits are as up to date as possible. IF you have any views about this please pm me about them and do not post in the open thread]

Donation links can be found at http://www.skipsoft.net/?page_id=703 to update to the Professional version and enable Auto Updates.

Thread Link: http://goo.gl/OH7Mi

Mark.

Last edited:

Dandyrw

Jun 29, 2012
SAMSUNG GALAXY CAMERA TOOLKIT AUTO UPDATE V1.3.0 [17TH MAY 2013] AVAILABLE!!

Changelog:
+Added Clockworkmod Root method 1.0.1.8 to replace ChainsDD method for better support
+Added Toolkit Hard Reset option in Toolkit Settings screen
+Added bypass model selection screen and go straight to main menu for simple tasks
+Added support for EK-GC100 upto 4.1.2 build BMD1
+Added support for EK-GC110 upto 4.1.2 build AMC4
+Added support for EK-KC120S upto 4.1.2 build AMD2
+Added new firmware links to download section
+Bug fixes and improvements to main code

Snap_2013.05.17_22h50m57s_002_.png

[Auto Updates are only accessible if you have donated to the Toolkit project, received an activation code and unlocked the Professional Version. Auto Updates are a much faster and easier way of pushing small updates that would otherwise not be worth doing. I can push a single textual change or add support for a new build without having to go through the whole process of building a full version and uploading a large file. IF you are not able to or do not want to donate to unlock the Auto Update feature (and other professional features) then all the smaller updates are collated and a full build made when I have time or if there are enough updates to warrant it. This is the easiest way to make sure all the Toolkits are as up to date as possible. IF you have any views about this please pm me about them and do not post in the open thread]

Donation links can be found at http://www.skipsoft.net/?page_id=703 to update to the Professional version and enable Auto Updates.

Thread Link: http://goo.gl/OH7Mi

Mark.

is this support for XXBMC4 build?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INTRODUCING THE SAMSUNG GALAXY CAMERA TOOLKIT

The Unified Android Toolkit brings together all the Nexus and Samsung Toolkits and supports a multitude of Nexus and Samsung devices. There is also an option at startup to run a Basic Android Toolkit which any Android device can use to install drivers, make app backups, install apk files, reboot the device into different modes and run a command prompt for manual input.

FUNCTIONS OF UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT
    * Install correct adb/fastboot drivers automatically on Windows xp/vista/7/8 32bit+64bit
    * Backup/Restore a single package or all apps, user data and Internal Storage
    * Backup your data from selectable folders [internal or external storage] to your PC for a Full Safe backup of data
    * Unlock/Re-Lock your Bootloader [Nexus modules]
    * Various Root options using insecure boot image or custom recovery
    * 1-Click For All to Unlock, Root, Rename the Restore Files and install busybox [Nexus modules]
    * ALLINONE to flash custom Recovery Root, Rename the Restore Files and install busybox [Samsung modules]
    * Fix “Superuser/SuperSU has stopped” message after rooting [Samsung modules]
    * Perform a FULL NANDROID Backup of your system (Boot, Cache, Data, Recovery and System) via adb and save in Custom Recovery format on your PC which can be Restored via CWM Recovery [if insecure boot image available]
    * Pull /data and /system folders, compress to a .tar file and save to your PC [if insecure boot image available]
    * Dump selected Phone Partitions, compress to a .zip file with md5 and save to your PC [if insecure boot image available]
    * Install BusyBox on your device
    * Install Samsung Knox notification disabler on your device [Samsung modules]
    * Install Root checker on your device [to be added to the Nexus modules]
    * Extras, Tips and Tricks section with downloadable device user guide
    * Auto Update ToolKit to latest available version at startup [PRO ONLY FEATURE]
    * Check for latest versions of Superuser [root] and custom Recovery images [PRO ONLY FEATURE]
    * Program up to 10 Quickpick slots and run them very quickly [PRO ONLY FEATURE]
    * Mods section to automatically perform certain tasks on your phone
    * Download Stock Firmware Image for extracting and flashing
    * Check md5 of stock image to make sure downloaded file isn’t corrupted before flashing [Nexus modules]
    * Flash Custom Recovery or Stock Firmware Image to device
    * Rename the Recovery Restore File present on some Stock Roms
    * Boot into CWM Touch, TWRP or Stock Recovery without Flashing it [Nexus modules]
    * Boot or Flash .img Files directly from your PC [Nexus modules]
    * Install a single apk or multiple apk’s to your device
    * Push Files from your PC to your device
    * Pull Files from your device to your PC
    * Dump selected LogCat buffers to your PC
    * Dump BugReport to your PC
    * Set Files Permissions on your device
    * Open new Command Prompt for manual input
    * Reboot device to various Modes automatically
    * Display Important Information about your device
    * Display various Help and Information screens and save a screenshot to your pc/send to default printer
    * Many many more features

————————————————————–

Supported devices and latest supported builds *HERE*

————————————————————–

Snap_2014.04.25_15h41m57s_003_SkipSoft+Unified+Android+ToolKit+V1-2-8.png

Snap_2014.04.25_15h36m53s_001_Administrator-+++SkipSoft+Android+ToolKit.png

Snap_2014.04.25_15h41m23s_002_Administrator-+++SkipSoft+Android+ToolKit+-+Samsung+Galaxy+Camera+V2-0-0.png

Snap_2014.03.21_22h11m08s_003_Administrator-+++SkipSoft+Android+ToolKit+-+Samsung+Galaxy+Note3+V1-0-0.png

Snap_2014.03.10_15h40m42s_008_Administrator-+++SkipSoft+Android+ToolKit+-+Samsung+Galaxy+S3+V8-0-0.png

Snap_2014.03.10_15h40m57s_009_Administrator-+++SkipSoft+Android+ToolKit+-+Samsung+Galaxy+S3+V8-0-0.png

DOWNLOAD THE SKIPSOFT UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT *HERE* (FROM SKIPSOFT.NET)

NOTE2: As the exe files are not Digitally Signed with a Microsoft Certificate they ‘may’ get picked up as potentially harmful by Antivirus Programs and deleted on first run. If this happens restore the file and exclude it from future scans to use it. This seems to happen mostly on AVG Free and Norton which is why I switched to BitDefender which is much better.

Credits: ChainsDD for Superuser, Chainfire for SuperSU, koush and the clockworkmod team for cwm and the universal driver pack, 1wayjonny for the adb/fastboot driver pack, Adam Lange for all his support and help with the insecure kernels, Viperboy for the Knox Disabler app, Stephen Erickson for the BusyBox installer app, BurrowsApps for the Root Checker app, fOmey for TWRP for the Galaxy Gear

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PUBLIC (FREE) AND PROFESSIONAL (DONATE) VERSIONS?
    THE PUBLIC VERSION OF THE TOOLKIT INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU COULD NEED TO MANIPULATE YOUR DEVICE. NOTHING IS RESTRICTED.

ACTIVATING THE PROFESSIONAL VERSION ADDS THE MOST USEFUL FUNCTION IN THE TOOLKIT, THE ABILITY TO CHECK FOR ‘AUTO UPDATES’ DIRECTLY VIA THE TOOLKIT AND HAVE THEM PUSHED TO YOUR PC RIGHT AWAY AS SOON AS THEY ARE UPLOADED WITHOUT NEEDING TO DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE TOOLKIT EVERY TIME. YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE LATEST VERSION AS SOON AS IT IS MADE AVAILABLE. THIS MEANS SMALLER UPDATES CAN BE SENT OUT MORE FREQUENTLY, SUCH AS ADDING A SINGLE FUNCTION, FIXING A BUG OR ADDING COMPATIBILITY FOR A SINGLE CARRIER. THE SMALLER UPDATES WILL BE COMPILED AND RELEASED TO THE XDA COMMUNITY AS A FULL (PUBLIC) DOWNLOAD VERSION SO PROFESSIONAL VERSIONS ARE ALWAYS UPDATED SOONER.
    THE PRO VERSION ALSO ADDS THE ABILITY TO CHECK FOR THE LATEST VERSION OF SUPERUSER AND RECOVERY FILES AND DOWNLOAD THEM DIRECTLY TO THE TOOLKIT.
    THE ‘QUICK PICKS’ SECTION[/B] ALLOWS YOU TO PROGRAM UPTO 10 SLOTS WITH TASKS THAT YOU MAY PERFORM ON A REGULAR BASIS OR JUST WANT TO KEEP A SET OF TASKS IN 1 PLACE. THEN JUST SELECT THE SLOT AND IT WILL REMEMBER ALL YOUR SETTINGS FOR THAT TASK AND RUN IT.

AUTO REPLY LINKS FOR PAYPAL TO GET A CODE INSTANTLY CAN BE FOUND AT http://goo.gl/nyGqv

2. USING THE UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT

When starting the Toolkit you will first be asked which device you want to work with. The basic Toolkit files are included in the full install package but if you select a device then the working folders will be created and the device files downloaded. Once the files have been extracted the Toolkit will ask if you want to check if an Update is available (for pro users to download/install). If you type ‘no’ then you will be taken to the Model/Build selection screen where you can do a number of things:
    Type ’00' to enter your activation code and enable pro features, ‘i’ will take you to the Information and Help Section, ‘a’ will give you information on how to add support for a new build, ’99' will take you to the Basic Toolkit for quick use or if you do not have a supported device and want to perform general android tasks.

Supported builds are listed in the Model/Build selection screen and typing the associated number (i.e. 11) will download needed boot and recovery files (stock and custom recovery) then check for and download the latest custom recovery and superuser files available (pro versions only), verify all the files and start the Main Menu. You can now use all the functions and tools the Android Toolkit offers.

The Information section which you can get to from the Model Selection screen or from the Main Menu has a wealth of help and frequently asked questions. If you need help then please look there first before asking questions in the thread.

USEFUL INFORMATION

How to get into Recovery Mode
    1. Push the Zoom rocker on the top to the right [zoom in]. Keep holding it and push the Power button in for around 10 seconds until you see the white Samsung screen
    2. Let go of everything and the device will boot into Recovery mode

NOTE: To reboot to your OS hold the Power button until the device buzzes and you see the white Samsung screen

How to get into Download Mode (For Odin)
    1. Push the Zoom rocker on the top to the left [zoom out]. Keep holding it and push the Power button in for around 10 seconds until you see a warning screen
    2. Push the Zoom rocker on the top to the right [zoom in] to boot the device into Download mode

NOTE: To scroll through the menu use the Zoom rocker on top and to select press the Power button

ChangeLog:

Unified Android ToolKit v1.2.8 (25th April 2014)
    +Added Samsung Galaxy Camera support
    +Added cwm recovery by twistedumbrella to enable custom recovery actions

ToolKit v1.0 (15th January 2013)
    +Initial Release

*DISCLAIMER*

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.
    **FAQ**

Q. Help me I can't find my build in the Model Selection Screen

The Toolkit includes a selection of Insecure Boot Images to cover all the different builds available. As there are very many different builds it is impossible to include an image for every single build but some builds share the same Boot Image. If you have a build that isnt listed on the Model Selection Screen you can therefore use a similar build. The best way to go is up to the next available build as it should offer more compatibility with the build you are using but if that isn't available then try the next build below your one as it should still be almost identical as long as it is the same version (ie. 4.1.1).

The Model Selection Screen is there so that if a task in the ToolKit requires an insecure kernel [to perform adb root commands] and your phone doesnt already include one, a compatible boot image [with an insecure kernel included] can be flashed to provide adb root access.

If you have a Custom Rom flashed to your phone then it will most probably have an insecure kernel included so it doesn't really matter if your build is not listed on the Model Selection Screen and when asked [by certain functions] if you have an insecure kernel on your phone you can answer 'yes'. However if the function fails then your kernel may not be insecure in which case you can flash one from the ToolKit. If you need to do this make sure the right build [or closest available build] is set so you flash the right image for your phone.

Q. What is ADB Shell?

Adb shell is a linux command line tool (because android is based on linux) used to send commands to your android device. For S-ON devices, this is crucial for modifying files in the /system partition (where the rom sits) as you cannot modify anything in /system when the rom is running without S-OFF like removing system apps.

Q. Is there currently no way to root the Samsung Galaxy S3 without voiding the warranty?

All methods of rooting will void your warranty in some way as you will have superuser files on your phone that arent supposed to be there. Flashing a custom kernel or recovery to root will increase the flash counter and also void any warranty. If you dont want to risk it or you aren't sure then you shouldnt really be flashing your phone and should just leave it alone. Its your choice .

Q. Will flashing Stock ROM via odin using the toolkit replace everything that was flashed before? recovery? etc?

Yes a Stock Image flashed via Odin will replace all your key partitions (boot, recovery, system) with the stock firmware. If you want to reset the phone back to an 'out of the box' state then you want to enter recovery and do a wipe first which will reformat your userdata partition.

Q. I flashed Custom Recovery but each time I reboot the Stock Recovery is back

There is an auto recovery restore system on certain Stock Android Builds that will reflash the Stock Recovery if you flash CWM on a Stock Rom.

Use Root Explorer to Mount the system folder as R/W (or use a free app from Google Play such as ES File Explorer). Rename the files /system/recovery-from-boot.p and /system/etc/install-recovery.sh (requires root). Now when you flash Custom Recovery it will NOT be overwritten after a reboot. You can also do this via the Toolkit.

Q. My AntiVirus program says the Toolkit files may be harmful

The exe compiled files are not digitally signed with a Microsoft certificate (as they cost money) so certain AntiVirus programs (mainly Norton and AVG Free) may pick it up as potentially harmful when it is not. They will pick up ANY file that doesn't contain a purchased Microsoft certificate in the same way. Just Restore the deleted file and exclude it from further scans and it will be fine. Or switch to a better AntiVirus program such as BitDefender.

Q. I am having trouble getting adb working with the drivers installed

Try switching your connection type from media (MTP) mode to camera mode (P2P). To do this open the notification area, click where it says connected as and change from MTP to PTP.

Q. When connecting the phone I get 'USB Device not Recognized' and no serial number shows in the ToolKit

I actually had this problem recently and what fixed it for me was to make sure that the drivers have been installed, then shut my phone down plug the usb cable in and restart it. The phone booted up and the device was recognized and drivers installed correctly. May not work for everyone but worth trying.
    **reserved if needed**
    is this support for XXBMC4 build?
    If your model is the EK-GC100 then option 14 (BMB2-BMD1) covers your build BMC4.

Mark.
    "hey can you take a picture of us"
    "no sorry i bricked my camera"