[4.0+][05/16] Tile Launcher Beta 1.31 | Sliding drawer | Total customization

Search This thread

dream707

Jan 10, 2012
Minsk
Some feedback

First of all great launcher!

1. What about getting "Dominant Color" of the icon as an option for tile's background? It is one time operation so it should not really affect performance.

2. Noticed a bug when pressing tiles. It is some kind of shadow. My suggestion is to remove it, or resize to be consistent with a whole tile(and maybe change its color to the tile's color too).

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-07-12-41-22.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-07-12-41-22.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,047
Last edited:

awsy44

Jan 30, 2008
Auckland
I've been playing around with some of the tiles available on earlier posts and i've made a couple myself too! I've got it yesterday and been really excited about it, I love how fast it scrolls!.

I have a question, Can anyone tell me which widgets are running ok on their devices as I cant get my stock widgets for my S3 to work. cheers

Screenshot_2013-01-08-02-32-24.jpg

Screenshot_2013-01-08-02-32-31.jpg

Screenshot_2013-01-08-02-32-38.jpg

Screenshot_2013-01-08-02-32-24.jpgScreenshot_2013-01-08-02-32-31.jpgScreenshot_2013-01-08-02-32-38.jpg

guigadourado

First want to say thank you for this great launcher, definitly has a big potential.
Just saw a "bug" that make me come back to my old launcher. When you choose a image for the tile background, better to have the option to crop the picture to fit perfectly, not resize the image to tile size, it distort the image and looks weird.
Love the drawer in JB/ICS style, if you add the opacity option on drawer would be perfect!
And a option to use a tile as the drawer button.
Im excited with this project for real. Congratulations!

Sorry for my bad English by the way XD

Reactions: rob43

jorgis1

Sep 18, 2010
Brownsville
Dont know if it is just me but when i apply defaults for a single color background to be applied for every app, once i place it, it is still placing them at random colors. Do i need to reboot or something? Other than that, awesome launcher. Wont switch to win8 anymore. :)

Pkt_Lnt

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 26, 2011
SLO
Dont know if it is just me but when i apply defaults for a single color background to be applied for every app, once i place it, it is still placing them at random colors. Do i need to reboot or something? Other than that, awesome launcher. Wont switch to win8 anymore. :)

Yes, that or it switched to None for background, and then I cannot restore defaults by clearing app data. Still no solution to using custom icons via an icon app like Glaskart that I posted above.

But....... it is still beta, and awesome already.

awsy44

Jan 30, 2008
Auckland
Thank you guys so much for the info, and this is an amazing launcher which has massive potential!. So far so good.

bugs : 1. When rebooting my phone, all icons come as question marks, i have to edit the app setting like changing the rows etc and it'll restart the launcher and then it starts running fine.

2. When going through my widgets to choose which one i want to place, as i scroll it FC's and relaunches the launcher again. Out of every 3 times I scroll through the widgets I get 2 FC's

Question : I have the screenshot of the Eye in the sky widget which is not the same pixel ratio as the icons, I want to get it to make it fit with the icons as that would make the widget look much more authentic.

Thanks! and keep up the good work!
Screenshot_2013-01-09-13-10-16.jpg

Screenshot_2013-01-09-13-10-16.jpg

Adi_aishiteru

Apr 21, 2012
Bandar Lampung
hello OP , thanks for the great launcher :)

Btw, can I push this launcher to system/app to be default launcher ?
do I need system/lib file ?
or should I convert it with TitaniumBackUp ?

dream707

Jan 10, 2012
Minsk
tabs are ok, but we need an option to hide them, or at least confugure their's colors. and it also still no actions we can bind for home button

Last edited:

siealex

Jul 22, 2008
Kharkov
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Tiles show only text if their size is less than 1/4 screen width. Why?

PS. Suggestions.
1. Infinite vertical nova scrolling in drawer.
2. Draw wallpapers down to the screen bottom for PA compatibility.
3. Centered titles on tiles (not left-aligned).

Last edited:

FormelLMS

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2009
This is the best now. Vertikal scrolling is so cool. Now I can use Nexus 7 with one finger only.

rob43

Nov 7, 2011

This is a bug and will be fixed next version :)

Yes, that or it switched to None for background, and then I cannot restore defaults by clearing app data. Still no solution to using custom icons via an icon app like Glaskart that I posted above.

But....... it is still beta, and awesome already.

This can already be done under settings :)

hello OP , thanks for the great launcher :)

Btw, can I push this launcher to system/app to be default launcher ?
do I need system/lib file ?
or should I convert it with TitaniumBackUp ?

You can definitely push it to system/app and it should work :)

This is a great launcher.

One thing I cannot figure out. I've been using the Glaskart theme with Nova Prime, and most of the apps have an icon, but there are some that do not. In Nova, I can select any icon during edit from the Glaskart choices. I have the newest 0.57 beta.

When I try to change icons in the Tile Launcher by "select image" it takes me to the Gallery to select. I do have Glaskart chosen under Settings, General, Icon pack. Does anyone know how to do this? Is this another feature that is not implemented yet?

Choosing any icon from icon packs will be implemented soon :)

tabs are ok, but we need an option to hide them, or at least confugure their's colors. and it also still no actions we can bind for home button

There is already an option to hide them under settings. You must only have 1 screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: mobione

Justinchi

Mar 30, 2012
First want to say thank you for this great launcher, definitly has a big potential.
Just saw a "bug" that make me come back to my old launcher. When you choose a image for the tile background, better to have the option to crop the picture to fit perfectly, not resize the image to tile size, it distort the image and looks weird.
Love the drawer in JB/ICS style, if you add the opacity option on drawer would be perfect!
And a option to use a tile as the drawer button.
Im excited with this project for real. Congratulations!

Sorry for my bad English by the way XD
All you have to do is resize the widget tile after you've selected the image and the image will readjust.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Smooth, multidirectional, widget-compatible tile-based launcher for Android 4.0+.

Scroll Direction - Select horizontal (left to right) or vertical (top to bottom)
    Tile Customization - Select your own title, icon, background colors or images
    Scroll Settings - Configure your scrolling speed, direction, and overscroll effect
    Sliding Drawer - Swipe horizontally or vertically from the home screen
    Snap Effect - Perform an action, switch screens or open the drawer when overscrolling
    Homescreen Dimensions - Select # of rows, columns, and margins, or increase your screen size
    Toolbar - Choose font, colors, icon, even show a Jellybean-styled date widget - or hide it if you don't want it
    Lock/Unlock Desktop - Lock your desktop to prevent accidental changes
    Icon Packs - Icon pack support for most launchers (Work in progress)

aaaa2i.png
    aaaa1b.png

zzzzzq.png
    aaabp.jpg

bbbksf.png
    dddls.png
    0.53 is out, Play Store should be updated shortly :)

- Increased max rows as requested
    - Added lock/unlock tile option as requested
    - More bugfixes

Thanks for the support! Sorry I haven't had time to reply to everyone. I'm reading all suggestions but focusing on making it as stable as possible, one bug at a time :)
    0.80 is online. This version adds vertical scrolling option, tabbed screens, and some other stuff. Will be replying to some posts soon, been a little busy :)
    Hey guys, here's a much improved alpha 2: Play Store Link

I am currently on a trip so will reply to comments and update main post when I get a chance :)

Small easter egg in this version: long click drawer to change to a 2nd home screen for your enjoyment. More coming soon!

EDIT: updated first post and switched to Play store link