XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Strange SD card problem

Tip us?

praximax
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Location [Q] Strange SD card problem

Well, I have a class 6 16 gb samsung micro sd card using with lg p500. Two weeks ago after installing some rom(probably icysnap) after booting it can't recognize the sd card but detects it in cwm. So I know my sd card is alright. so I flashed another rom(rasheed's jb) but still it can't recognize the sd card although detected in cwm just like previous times. After then I tried a lot like formatting it,partitioning it by both CWM & Minitool from FAT32 to FAT-EXT123..every format. But nope..nothing happened. And then next morning it is recognized again. So it takes a few hours to be detected. What the heck is going on? Any solution? Can't I have flexibility to reboot my phone?

And don't I have any right to use link2sd and download more apps than it fits in internal memory!

grigtm
Old
(Last edited by grigtm; 17th January 2013 at 06:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 71
maybe your phone doesn't recognize sd card because of some permisions, try fix permisions from cwm

rr0yy
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Format it again in PC.. dont use Quick format method. Size allocation DEFAULT. Dont patition it this time. Try different kernels.

Still if you face the problem.. get another MicroSD card.. buy transcend.
Quote:
LG P-500
->Fix Old BB for New BB Roms.
->Fix New BB for Old BB Roms.

HIT THANKS.. IF YOU FIND ME HELPFULL..!!!

grigtm
Old
(Last edited by grigtm; 17th January 2013 at 07:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by praximax View Post
And don't I have any right to use link2sd and download more apps than it fits in internal memory!
another thing, on playstore is an app named PIMPMYROM, I used it to zipalign and move data to sd but I do not recommend in your case to move data to SD, you can try it , it is free, but beware some things may brick your phone

another thing is to check SD slot with a multimeter to see if all pins have same voltage/amps

and as rr0yy says, try with another SD card, maybe this one isn't too good and is too lazy and moves with the speed of a rabid snail

praximax
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by grigtm View Post
another thing, on playstore is an app named PIMPMYROM, I used it to zipalign and move data to sd but I do not recommend in your case to move data to SD, you can try it , it is free, but beware some things may brick your phone

another thing is to check SD slot with a multimeter to see if all pins have same voltage/amps

and as rr0yy says, try with another SD card, maybe this one isn't too good and is too lazy and moves with the speed of a rabid snail
Well..my $15 Micromax phone instantly detects teh card. I think there is no problem with the card but the reader in the phone. And I tried everything like fixing permission in cwm.