Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[IDE][3.6.30.14100] Virtuous Ten Studio - Advanced Reverse Engineering Solution

OP Diamondback

Announcement from Diamondback: VTS has its own support area now. Check it out: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/virtuous-ten-studio
16th January 2013, 10:11 AM   |  #1031  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,784

14,287 posts
Donate to Me
Hi guys ! I love this program, been messing around with it for a few days and is awasome. Going to get the paid version tonight :thumbup:

Even for a beginner (noob, rookie ) its a great piece of software !

Going to have some questions in the future i guess

Thanks
16th January 2013, 09:01 PM   |  #1032  
Thanks Meter: 78

545 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm having an issue with VTS creating a JB theme for HTC Sense 4.5. I do not have a license for VTS and I see some very light watermarks, I know this is expected. But I'm wondering if the problem I'm having is also related to me not having a license. I hope so, cause that seems a pretty easy fix. Otherwise, I'm not sure what could be the problem...

I based on my skin on the stock JB skin, I found it somewhere on one of the EVO forums, I think. And I haven't done much tweaking yet, most of the drawables/graphics are the default ones. I renamed it, compiled and installed it on the device just fine.

The problem is that some graphics don't seem right, they look stretched. Here's a screenshot:

You can clearly see two issues here... 1) The ActionBar background is stretched and 2) The track progressbar starts fine but then it starts stretching some pixels all the way.

Is this also related to the license or is it something else, some problem on my graphics? But again, they are the default ones, never touched them. Bebida? Any deias?
16th January 2013, 10:26 PM   |  #1033  
Forum Moderator
Flag Tampa-ish, FL
Thanks Meter: 6,126

5,509 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgulled

You can clearly see two issues here... 1) The ActionBar background is stretched and 2) The track progressbar starts fine but then it starts stretching some pixels all the way.

Is this also related to the license or is it something else, some problem on my graphics? But again, they are the default ones, never touched them. Bebida? Any deias?

I was going to help but I guess you only want Bebida to help.

I wouldn't think that would be a licensing issue. It almost sounds like a bad .9 file.
The Following User Says Thank You to coal686 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2013, 12:51 AM   |  #1034  

545 posts
Donate to Me
More
Nah, that's not what I meant, I appreciate anyone's help.

After a little more digging... There are some original files on HTC skins that have the .r.9.png extension and that is a custom HTC thing, not native to Android. We can't recompile and use these files, wee need to remove .r part. But then the 9-patch will distort the image because the image is not prepared to be a standard 9-patch but a "9-patch repeater". I'm not sure if I'm making any sense...

But I don't know how to fix this problem :/
Last edited by Nazgulled; 17th January 2013 at 12:53 AM.
17th January 2013, 01:05 AM   |  #1035  
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 6,191

2,682 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgulled

Nah, that's not what I meant, I appreciate anyone's help.

After a little more digging... There are some original files on HTC skins that have the .r.9.png extension and that is a custom HTC thing, not native to Android. We can't recompile and use these files, wee need to remove .r part. But then the 9-patch will distort the image because the image is not prepared to be a standard 9-patch but a "9-patch repeater". I'm not sure if I'm making any sense...

But I don't know how to fix this problem :/

Hello. You have pretty much answered your own question .r.9 are another bright idea by HTC I guess to try an stop us themeing there stuff and save on file size. Basically as you have already stated there is no fix atm, not that I am aware of anyway. What I do tbh is just make sure I use one colour and nothing that will repeat and look crap on these particular pngs to avoid the borked look. Also if you skin rather than edit the individual apks there are far less if any .r.9s

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bebida For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2013, 01:52 AM   |  #1036  

545 posts
Donate to Me
More
I guess that's what I'll have to do...
17th January 2013, 11:30 PM   |  #1037  
Thanks Meter: 4

50 posts
Uhm quiet wierd that is Android core and not the single apk who has a line in it that state: save my settings in here. 'Cause any app save itself in different paths...
Anyway It can be quiet OT, so thanks for ur support. If I'll have time to try I'll let u know if it's possible
18th January 2013, 01:37 PM   |  #1038  
OP Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,445

4,479 posts
More
Okay guys, I'm getting ready for release. I hope to publish the next version tomorrow.
As always, the changelog can be found here:

Changelog
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Diamondback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2013, 01:52 PM   |  #1039  
Recognized Developer / Contributor / Themer / Retired Moderator
Flag Twin Cities, MN
Thanks Meter: 16,445

16,696 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [IDE] Virtuous Ten Studio - The next level of reverse engineering apps | 1.11.21.
\o/
The Following User Says Thank You to il Duce For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2013, 03:04 PM   |  #1040  
Thanks Meter: 21,650

8,033 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondback

Okay guys, I'm getting ready for release. I hope to publish the next version tomorrow.
As always, the changelog can be found here:

Changelog

Really looking forward to it!!

The Following User Says Thank You to torxx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, all in one, apk, apk manager, apk multi tool, apktool, dex2jar, draw9patch, dsixda, ide, java, logcat, m10 files, m10 images, m10 tools, resources, sense, sense skins, smali, super powerful, syntax highlighting, theming, visual studio, vts, xml
Previous Thread Next Thread