Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,174 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

2nd day with Note2

Tip us?

chrisryn
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Default 2nd day with Note2

Now I'm looking for new glass. Man the glass on these are weak. My nexus and htc took spills way worse than sliding out of my pocket to floor of my van to end up sliding to the concrete and landing on its back, and shattered glass. Every thing else seems to be working and no scratches on the phone what so ever that is how small of a fall this one. Is the weak glass a manufacturing issue or was it known to be weak?

Edit: I should be able to just have the glass "lense" replaced or do I need a new digitizer also?
Current
Galaxy note 2

Previous
Sony Xperia ION (exchanged for GN2)
Galaxy nexus(out for repair)
Xoom(Fried Motherboard screwed by extended warranty company no longer in my possesion waiting on refund)
HTC inspire (cracked glass might repair)
Captivate (Sold)

Help my kids goto college click the donate link.

BlackPhantomX
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Depends on how extensive the damage is. If it's only shattered outer glass like you said, then you might get away without having to. It's apparent you just had the luck of the draw. I've had my phone take worse spills and survived and that's with or without it's bumper case.

And why would you be so careless of a phone you had only two days?

UrbanLagoon
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPhantomX View Post
Depends on how extensive the damage is. If it's only shattered outer glass like you said, then you might get away without having to. It's apparent you just had the luck of the draw. I've had my phone take worse spills and survived and that's with or without it's bumper case.

From what I have seen just from the S3, the glass is really really really attached to that digitizer. There are people who fix it for around $150 (in Southern California though). Or you can do it yourself and risk breaking it for around $30-40. If you choose option 2, you will have to send it to samsung and pay that $300 fee to replace screen and digitizer.

This is what I have seen from the S3, and the Note 2 looks very very similiar to that S3.

Just my 50 cents.
The Following User Says Thank You to UrbanLagoon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisryn
Old
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: 2nd day with Note2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPhantomX View Post

It just glass looks like it hit on corner by menu button. I wasnt being careless it was were it was supposed to be in my pocket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
Current
Galaxy note 2

Previous
Xoom(Fried Motherboard screwed by extended warranty company no longer in my possesion waiting on refund)
Captivate (Sold)

DAGr8
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6332

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisryn View Post
Now I'm looking for new glass. Man the glass on these are weak. My nexus and htc took spills way worse than sliding out of my pocket to floor of my van to end up sliding to the concrete and landing on its back, and shattered glass. Every thing else seems to be working and no scratches on the phone what so ever that is how small of a fall this one. Is the weak glass a manufacturing issue or was it known to be weak?

Edit: I should be able to just have the glass "lense" replaced or do I need a new digitizer also?
Off topic ..
Get on irc

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium
COME CHAT WITH US

T W I T T E R

King-Kang For The Galaxy Note LTE

The Hybrid for Galaxy Note II & SGH-I717

SAUROM-PROJEKT for I9000

or

chrisryn
Old
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGr8 View Post
Off topic ..
Get on irc

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium
I'm there your not what gives.
Current
Galaxy note 2

Previous
Captivate (Sold)

chrisryn
Old
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME

Well day three and a new note. Thanks to still being in my 14 day window and walmarts contract not explicitly saying phone had to be damage free. So starting over new note with case with holster and me being overly paranoid it should make it st least a week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
Current
Galaxy note 2

Previous
Captivate (Sold)