[ROM][1/19] - Stock Rooted De-Odex'ed - I605VRALL4 - Latest L4 OTA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Slack3r

Feb 17, 2009
Flashed the new baseband and did not notice any immediate difference, will have to do some more experimentation but I'm still getting decent speeds (10/3) at -106db which is the best it gets for LTE in my house.

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Flashed the new baseband and did not notice any immediate difference, will have to do some more experimentation but I'm still getting decent speeds (10/3) at -106db which is the best it gets for LTE in my house.

Cool, keep us posted.

Okay thanks a lot! First time ever seeing a modem to be flashed so wasn't sure if it was mandatory when flashing this rom or not

No, Modems are not mandatory. But they usually nmatch the ROM and can sometimes provide a better exp. In this case, atleast for me, it seems to have regressed.

But on the same note... We are having a legit blizzard with zero visibility so I really need to reseerve my statements.

Amin Sabet

Aug 27, 2010
Boston, MA
I've tested the new modem in three locations now, and I'm getting the exact same numbers I'm used to getting with the old one.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

nutpn

Dec 30, 2010
ALABAMA
enjoyn it

Lovin it so far, wished I knew how to do the wifi icon in the dropdown menu and call record on the phone calls, Id be set, its nice and I added the perseus kernel to it. Lovin it

admiral70

Dec 15, 2006
Hello all,
I currently have a stock Note 2 running the OTA ALL4 build and would like to end up with a rooted ALL4 build. Can I use this or the Lite version and if yes where are the instructions to install this once I download. I did not previously root or unlock boot unfortunately.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

UPDATE
I used this method to gain root with the OTA http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2024207

Used ODIN to restore the Root66 image (see page 1 of this thread).
Install Voodoo OTA rootkeeper (see https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...otkeeper&hl=en)
Run Voodoo OTA rootkeeper to make a backup of the root.
Reinstall the OTA update from Settings > About Phone >
Software Update
After the update reboots the phone, rerun the Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper and restore the root.

Last edited:

enkrypt3d

Jul 28, 2010
I know this might be a n00b question but is there an odin version of this rom i can flash? I dont really care if its rooted or not ... just trying to get back to stock. thx

nitronet

Jun 15, 2006
Any noticible difference between this and Scott's Verizon special edition 1.0 rom?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a stock rooted de-odex ROM built from the latest OTA pushed just today!

It seems that this build just fixes the Exynos exploit and updates the Radio and bootloader. Not a huge change from original released ROM. But newer is newer!

ROM
    • Build: JRO03C.I605VRALL4
    • Build Date: Fri Dec 28 21:26:30 KST 2012
    • Android Version 4.1.1
    • Deodexed
    • Rooted
    • Zip Aligned
    • ADB as root (remount capabilities)
    • init.d support
    • Verizon Installer Disabled
    • No other Mods
    • MD5: 7B7251E5217AB3CF4604299F000AF398

Modem
    • Modem can be downloaded HERE!
    • MD5: 084D1B4822284A7852163F101AFA94A1
    • Check the MD5 of the Modem before flashing it!

I605VRALL4.png

Download will be HERE!

Please hit Thanks! Its no harder than hitting Download :p
    Sharing Policy

• The spirit of Open Source is to share your knowledge and files with the rest of the world so they can improve on what you do when possible. This is also my philosophy and I would never compromise that!
    • You are free to use this ROM or any part of this ROM any way you like as long as you give a link back to this thread or my website, www.scottsroms.com
    • Do not use my work if you cannot give proper credits!
    • Consider this your permission! Please do not PM me asking if its OK to build off this ROM. Permission granted!
    • However this does not include my CleanROM series of ROMS. Please do not use those without contacting me first!
    • This ROM is not a CleanROM. Its a stock rooted and all yours!
    There are reports of worse battery life with this update. Will that also apply here?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

This is the update. However it comes it comes.

I just pulled it from phone, rooted it and made it flashable.

You have to take what you read with a grain of salt. Not every report from every person is accurate.

In other words; you be the judge.
    thanks for this Scott!
    I flashed the modem no problem (with TWRP).

I can already tell my signal strength is through the roof! My coffee tastes better! The air seems cleaner!

Life is Good.
    :)