XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[A] Working 10.2.6

Tip us?

dwained_80
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [A] Working 10.2.6

Well Everyone, seems Amazon went and did an update and just wanted to confirm so that everyone knows the steps in Root Working 10.2.4 Kindle Fire 2 Root made easy still do work on hte updated 10.2.6

innerspace
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default failing here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwained_80 View Post
Well Everyone, seems Amazon went and did an update and just wanted to confirm so that everyone knows the steps in Root Working 10.2.4 Kindle Fire 2 Root made easy still do work on hte updated 10.2.6
odd, the bin4ary root script is throwing a ton of permission denied errors over here, what the heck.
I can access adb shell just fine, i don't remember having any issues when I initially rooted this thing back around Christmas. Really should have killed OTA updates, shame on me.

any advice?
1 x G1
2 x Sensation
G-Slate
2 x Galaxy Nexus w/ PA4
1 x Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7"

fmkilo
Old
Thanks Meter 187

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerspace View Post
odd, the bin4ary root script is throwing a ton of permission denied errors over here, what the heck.
I can access adb shell just fine, i don't remember having any issues when I initially rooted this thing back around Christmas. Really should have killed OTA updates, shame on me.

any advice?
fastboot cable... you can always restore a 10.2.3 rooted...
FMKilo @ forum.xda-developers
freenode irc #kf2-dev

Wilkinsss
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Confirmed, just re-rooted again tonight. I've been de-rooted twice now, once from a 10.2.5 update and then again from a 10.2.6 update (even with renaming otacerts.zip). Are there any other methods that can be used to disable the OTA updates? I really don't want to go through this setup again.

Also for anyone having errors, really, the only thing you can do is just run it over and over, i ran bin4ry's root so many times I lost count until it eventually worked, qemu root is good too.

NavyLCDR
Old
(Last edited by NavyLCDR; 25th January 2013 at 07:01 PM.) Reason: Additional info
Thanks Meter 3
Default Rooted 10.2.6

I got the 10.2.6 update. I did a factory reset after the update. Went through Kindle setup signing only into my Amazon account, so I had a clean Kindle, turned on ADB and "install applications from unkown sources". Plugged the Kindle into USB and made sure it connected with no errors. Then I opened a command prompt window with administrator privileges on Windows 7. Ran the bin4ary bat file to root and it went absolutely flawlessly with no errors at all.

I live on the edge - I don't turn off software updates, because I can always use fastboot to rollback to a previous known good version thanks to the info on this forum

I don't know if running the command prompt window as administrator solves the permission denied problems or not. Also, my bat file and support files are in my own user directory in Windows 7, so I know I have full permissions on those files as well.