Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

The Amazon KFHD case

OP matthew2582

23rd January 2013, 08:21 PM   |  #11  
Southport
Thanks Meter: 184

1,314 posts
Re: The Amazon KFHD case
Thank your self you don't live in the UK!
It's 49 here!

From box 13......
24th January 2013, 10:31 AM   |  #12  
Flag Pacific Grove, CA
Thanks Meter: 223

442 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechnesium

It's stylish and great for holding it, and doesn't seem to get dirty easily (oils from food, moisture wipe right off). However, it's not great for protection at all. I dropped my first KFHD from a one-foot distance off the ground, only to pick it up and find a hairline crack across the bottom right corner (potentially a weak spot)?

According to customer service, if it's only one crack and not a spider web, it's covered under the default warranty. They mailed me out a new one within 2 days. Kick ass customer service, I do say.

You're talking about the Amazon cover right? That's the one I have now (but i am going to check out the other cover mentioned just above too) Since Christmas, I have dropped my new Kindle Fire HD 7 a couple of times. Only casual slips and nothing major. One from the table top height and one or two from the couch arm (lower height) onto a hard wood floor. So far I have had no damage --the top (fold over) cover now has a slight compression along about 1 inch of the edges, but I just rechecked the KF HD and I can't see any damage. I guess I am lucky!

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbequick

I bought my wife the Amazon case that you guys have and you all are right it's nice. Here's the case I have, and I love it. I honestly like it better than the Amazon case. The hand strap imo is a must have. The design on the exterior looks very classy and not at all cheap or cheesy. And yes, it has the on/off feature upon opening and closing the case.

But wait, how much does this mythical, almost too good to be true case cost, you say? It must be at least $99. Maybe if I catch it on sale I can get it for $78.92. Surely you jest. Maybe a second-hand pick, laden with crusty boogers for a cool $50?
Heck no.
Just check out the link below. Believe me, you CAN afford one (or 3).
Here's the case I have, and seriously though, I really do like it more than my wife's. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=400375182521

Thanks, went to that link and It does look good & nice video! I like all of those different colors and a great price too! However, the video seems to demonstrate and show a sleep-wake functionality for the case, but the written ad's second bullet says "does not include the wake sleep feature." Not sure which one is accurate! Although, I really am getting spoiled by using the "flip on flip off" approach to the KF HD so the magnets are important to me
Last edited by markbc01; 24th January 2013 at 10:39 AM.
27th February 2013, 10:29 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

43 posts
i have bought Amazon original case.. Its practical and seems excellent.
10th January 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #14  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 6

128 posts
Made
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew2582

"Great case, optimum design".

I was pretty skeptical about spending this much money on a case but I must admit having got the case, I am thoroughly delighted with it I love the way the Kindle Fire fits into the shell without any straps and how the case still preserves the slender form factor of KFHD

I would agree with others that the price really could be about $10 lower but Amazon probably has to make some money...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

Who made it? Zerolemon?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread