This thread is intended for developers who want to give feedback on the alpha JB ROM.
See full post on Developer World.
Today we are making an early alpha ROM of Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) available for Xperia™ T and the open source archives, as a way for us to get valuable feedback from the custom ROM community. Thanks to the great dialogue we have with open community developers, we see this as a valuable tool for us to get more input, and for the open developer community to get to try this alpha out hands-on. The ROM does not have the final UI upgrades that will be in the official release.
Please note that this ROM is strictly targeting advanced developers, and it will not work for ordinary everyday usage, as it only has a limited set of features working (you can for example not make any phone calls). Several more legal and usage conditions apply – please see the Important information section in the post for more details.
Since this is far from the final software upgrade roll out, there are a few requirements to pay close attention to before you download and install the ROM:
• You should be an advanced developer with extensive knowledge in how to install and switch between different ROMs. If you are a consumer without these developer skills, then we strongly recommend you not do try this as you may damage your phone.
• You must be using an unlocked Xperia™ T. It will not work on a locked Xperia™ T.
• You must unlock your phone using Sony’s Unlock boot loader service, and agree to all the legal and warranty conditions that apply. Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader of your phone. Sony can then no longer guarantee the full functionality of your phone, and will not be responsible for any unusable functions or loss of personal data associated to the alpha ROM being flashed to the phone.
• Also, if you unlock the boot loader, you will not be able to download and install the final Jelly Bean upgrade from Sony. For additional information about limitations and warranty restrictions, please see Sony's Unlock boot loader service.
• You should have read through and acknowledged the limitations of the software described below.
Only a limited number of features and functionalities are working and turned on in this alpha ROM.
These are some of the features that are turned off or not yet working in this alpha ROM:
• Google Mobile Services (GMS) apps are not included (for example, Gmail, Google Maps, etc.).
• Modem is turned off and the SIM card will therefore not be recognised (this also means you can’t make any phone calls).
• Bluetooth™ is turned off.
• Wi-Fi® is turned off.
• FM-radio is turned off.
• NFC is turned off.
How to install the Jelly Bean alpha ROM
To install the alpha ROM on Xperia™ T please connect your Xperia™ T to our Sony flash tool for unlocked devices and install the Jelly Bean alpha ROM. Check out the Sony flash tool page for more information on how to download, install and use this tool.
The Jelly Bean alpha ROM will be a clean flash, so make sure you do a proper back up of everything on your phone before you flash it. Please note that there is another software version available for Xperia™ T smartphones in the Sony flash tool for unlocked devices, as it is possible to flash Xperia™ T with an official Ice Cream Sandwich software versions well.
Developers, please let us know what you think!
One of our ambitions with this release is to get feedback from the great developers in the open community So if you flash this Jelly Bean alpha ROM and download the open source archives, please provide us with tech and developer feedback.
Hope to get your tech and dev feedback!