Magnetic POGO Cable

Search This thread

derobert

Aug 8, 2010
Awesome! I was waiting for somebody to publish a chart. Is that more than 40% in less than 3h?

That was from approximately 55%, so the charge started to slow down... But if I'm doing my math right, it was at full charge (from half) in 3 hours. Next time I have it almost discharged, I'll post a full charge graph.

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
[Q] Does charging with Pogo Plug cause headphone humming sound?

I read in this thread:
"Humming sound when charging with headphones connected"
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2001668

That thread refers to headphone humming sound when charging through the USB charger. I would like to know if the pogo plug has the same issue.

To anyone with a pogo charger, please do the following tests and reply to the thread with answer to these Yes/No questions:
1) Listen to music through headphones without charging: Did you hear humming? Yes/No
2) Charge via the microUSB connector while using headphones: Did you hear humming? Yes/No
3) Charge via the pogo plug while using headphones: Did you hear humming? Yes/No

Thanks

jjdevega

Jan 3, 2011
Bothell, Washington
Hello! I am the manufacturer of Nexus 10 pogo cable (brand name: Magnector N10). I'd like to announce we start to sell it on Amazon today. Please visit

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...tiveASIN=B00B2166BS&linkCode=as2&tag=kc045-20

We can now fix slow shipping problem via US local shipping for US and Canada orders.

Just placed an order. Looks like I wont have to wait long for delivery since its in the USA. Yet I'm still a little weary of new sellers with no reviews... Guess we shall see.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

ryan stewart

Jan 4, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I wonder if it does a "Check" like the transformer did. My old TF101 charger looked for a specific "response" from the tablet to confirm charging at a high rate, if it didnt get that response it assumes it was hooked up to a phone and dropped to 5v/500ma. So I had to us a USB3 compatible cable, which had the extra pins it was using, to get the proper talkback to switch the power supply into "tablet mode."

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
I wonder if it does a "Check" like the transformer did. My old TF101 charger looked for a specific "response" from the tablet to confirm charging at a high rate, if it didnt get that response it assumes it was hooked up to a phone and dropped to 5v/500ma. So I had to us a USB3 compatible cable, which had the extra pins it was using, to get the proper talkback to switch the power supply into "tablet mode."
That can't be with the POGO as it doesn't have all the pins used just the ones used for charging, it can't be used for a PC data connection. I have a high quality short extension cord on the way just to hack up for checking current draw, we'll see how that one works.

OT: Not sure if this is a ROM/kernel or whatever issue but BMW(v2.6.12) just auto-updated for me and I can't get into Settings. I restored my Titanium backup(v2.6.11) and shut off the auto update at the Play Store.

Last edited:

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
Hmm, still no Pogo cable for me yet. Ordered on the 10th via their site, tracking number hasn't updated since the 14th with "Handed over to Air carrier" in INCHEON, and USPS just claims "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" still.
Still nothing :/ Can't remember the exact time range to be expecting delivery, but it's been 15 days since I put in the order, and there's been no notable shipping updates (nothing saying it ever arrived in the US). Should I be concerned?

dust.

Jul 18, 2011
Still nothing :/ Can't remember the exact time range to be expecting delivery, but it's been 15 days since I put in the order, and there's been no notable shipping updates (nothing saying it ever arrived in the US). Should I be concerned?

I would wait just a bit longer. I just received mine two days ago after no shipping updates on the website after around 1/11. It took a total of around 2-3 weeks so maybe wait until next week before really worrying? I hope it comes soon!

OldGaf

Feb 6, 2008
How did you test it? I tried that monitoring with Battery Monitor Widget and got a dramatic drop in charging rate but that could be because of the quality of my cord.

I used BMW like u did. I plugged in the charger, checked widget... then added the extension and checked widget again.
I had to wait for charge to get up but in a short time was charging at same level.

The extension cable is actually a bit thicker then the charger cable..... maybe it is a quality thing as you suggested.

Ken401

Dec 26, 2012
St. Louis, MO
@espionage724 - I have a ship date of 1/14 and it was handed over to air carrier in Incheon on 1/16. From my initial experience, I do not expect any updates until USPS shows it at my local post office. I had hoped it would be here by today, but surely by end of next week. I do not doubt I will receive it, but the waiting is hard, and maybe harder now that they are available through Amazon.

Last edited:

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
I used BMW like u did. I plugged in the charger, checked widget... then added the extension and checked widget again.
I had to wait for charge to get up but in a short time was charging at same level.

The extension cable is actually a bit thicker then the charger cable..... maybe it is a quality thing as you suggested.
OT: Did you get the BMW update and have the same issue as I did?

OldGaf

Feb 6, 2008
OT: Did you get the BMW update and have the same issue as I did?

OK.... just did the BMW update and different story :(

Without extension:

charger.png

With extension:

charge-ext.png

BTW...... it's a 6 foot extension. ツ

Changed to USB without extension and getting 699mA

Last edited:

derobert

Aug 8, 2010
OK.... just did the BMW update and different story :(

You need to do this with the charge around 50%, maybe 60%.

Lithium batteries are charged in two stages. The first stage, from 0% to somewhere around a bit over half, is done as fast as the charger can pull off. The second stage is current-limited, and typically the charge current goes down as you approach 100% charge.

So, in order to test the maximum current it can pull from the POGO adapter, you need to make sure you're in that first stage.

This assumes a reasonably cool room. The N10 may also slow down charging if the battery gets too warm, I haven't tested this.

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
You need to do this with the charge around 50%, maybe 60%.

Lithium batteries are charged in two stages. The first stage, from 0% to somewhere around a bit over half, is done as fast as the charger can pull off. The second stage is current-limited, and typically the charge current goes down as you approach 100% charge.

So, in order to test the maximum current it can pull from the POGO adapter, you need to make sure you're in that first stage.

This assumes a reasonably cool room. The N10 may also slow down charging if the battery gets too warm, I haven't tested this.
I've posted before in other threads, if you watch the charging current in BMW you'll see that the N10 only once in a while it drop to a lower changing current at 4.2V like it should and stop at 2.5/3.0V which can damage the battery. Unless its of the new bread that can go that high. I don't allow mine to charge fully because of this until I find out that it's safe.

derobert

Aug 8, 2010
I've posted before in other threads, if you watch the charging current in BMW you'll see that the N10 only once in a while it drop to a lower changing current at 4.2V like it should and stop at 2.5/3.0V which can damage the battery. Unless its of the new bread that can go that high. I don't allow mine to charge fully because of this until I find out that it's safe.

Mine always drops to a lower current at 4.2V.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So are there any places currently selling these?

Not sure I got this from the eBay seller in South Korea that had his ad taken down.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

You got it really fast !

Where are you located?

How fast is the chargeing

Thanks!!!,

Yeah I was surprised too! the seller had an option for express shipping when I paid for $10 more, I didn't have a problem spending a few bucks more.

I haven't used it enough yet to notice any faster charging, it went from 70% to 98% in a little less than 2 hours.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Let's see if the pictures will work yet............

ResizeofIMG_0100_zps487a912b.jpg

ResizeofIMG_0103_zps5ccac530.jpg
    I searched high and low and finally found an adapter that puts out 2.1A on each of two outlets - concurrently. Excellent quality. Same spec on each channel as oem charger on its single outlet. Great fit and finish too. Can support two high demand devices at once.

I've been using it with the Pogo cable, and it is perfect. Link:

Ventev r2200 AC Travel Charger, Dual 2A USB Port 110-220v With MicroUSB Cable
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BSC7FW0/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    It's here!

Just wanted to let everyone know I got my Pogo Cable today!

It is in my opinion extremely high quality build. I have so far used it with my wall charger and my car charger and it works fantastic.

If I didn't know better I'd say was an OEM from Samsung or Google.

I know I know post pictures..........

OK I'll get some made and post them very soon.

Clutch
    Just out of interest, has anyone actually measured what current the nexus actually draws from the charger?

I've just spliced in my ammeter and with the battery showing 45% its currently drawing 0.59A and this is with the stock charger and whilst typing this. If I put the nexus into standby then it drops to 0.50A

I'll do some further testing this week charging from 0-100% this week and let you know what I find.

Btw this is using the USB port.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2