FYI : Otterbox screen protectors.

Search This thread

Berserk87

Jan 11, 2008
I've used several different screen protectors for my one x including body shield and invisishield and the best one ive used so far is the screen protector that otterbox included with their commuter case.
I was trying to find a way to buy more of them but they don't sell them online.
However, their one year warranty includes the screen protector.
I just called otterbox and they are sending me a new screen protector for free, and it doesn't use/void your warranty. :good:

I found invisishields a pain to apply, and have a rubbery feel that I hate.

The body shield was easy to apply (static cling) but also has a rubbery feel (not as much as invisishield).

Reactions: xyrovice

xyrovice

Dec 21, 2009
Manhattan
I've used several different screen protectors for my one x including body shield and invisishield and the best one ive used so far is the screen protector that otterbox included with their commuter case.
I just called otterbox and they are sending me a new screen protector for free, and it doesn't use/void your warranty. :good:

The body shield was easy to apply (static cling) but also has a rubbery feel (not as much as invisishield).

Thanks for the tip chief. Though I've never had to contact Otterbox directly, they make quality stuff and after hearing what I have in regards to their customer service, this doesn't surprise me. Great company.

I will say though that when I decided to take my since-day-one Defender case off (because I mistreat my sh*t enough to actually justify that), I went ahead and dropped $40 on full body Zagg stuff installed at a kiosk. If it weren't for the rubbery texture on the InvisibleShields, I'd have DEFINITELY dropped mine enough to make me put the Defender back on.

Last edited:

Berserk87

Jan 11, 2008
They shipped the new screen protector express, for free.
I got it within 2 days of calling them.

A+++

JuanTheMower

Jan 22, 2013
Just sticking with the zagg shield and commuter. See no reason to upgrade to a bulky defender.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

Envynet

Oct 19, 2009
Columbus
I couldn't manage to apply mine without some dust/bubbles.. I may have to try and get a replacement one.

Use scotch tape two pieces use one on the front to lift the corner(so there aren't any bends in the protector) use the other to dab underneath the protector to remove dust particle and good as new.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Greygollum

Jul 21, 2012
commuter case

I've been using the commuter case for several months now. Its one damn tough case! It has saved my phone countless times and take insanley hard hits for a phone (dented what it hit and the phone was fine). I went with the Anti glare screen protector at the AT&T store. Its tough and is hard to scratch the protector itself. no rubbery texture either.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.