Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,801 Members 39,881 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Nov 1]★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.5 | JB 10.4.4.25 | ODEX/DEODEX | Full ROM ★★

Tip us?

mladenijs
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: [ROM][24/1/13] ★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.2.1 | JB 10.4.4.25 | DEODEX | New Kernel

Use moon reader from the play store!

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda app-developers app

sbdags
Old
(Last edited by sbdags; 26th January 2013 at 09:25 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 12,993

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknotty View Post
I'm finding that I'm getting serious Wifi battery drain. Anyone else getting this:
This is present on the Asus stock rom. Unfortunately having the infinity turned on and in use results in the battery graph showing that it is WiFi using the most battery. I'd be happier if that was written as user using internet services is using the most battery.

As said, if you have a lot of frequent app synching setup your tab is also asked to wake up and keep synching when you are not using it. If you turn off the WiFi whilst sleeping via the settings I find I can get 2 to 3 days of use via medium usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucius.zen View Post
Ive been reading about this mod and am wondering if anyone can report whether or not it works at all.

Thanks
Who knows. Some people have reported it helps. Some people think it does nothing useful. I've run with it on and off and can't say I've noticed much in my tests. I generally leave it off. But it's included in the installer for those users that do like to push the limits and tinker. It may prove useful in very intensive games where lag is more noticeable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokapo View Post
And you still dare to say you can't retire
Maybe in 6 months time seriously though.....
I do it to make our 'product' the best it can be. It's a shame it's such an expensive device out of the box and look at all the work that has been done to make it what I consider to now be one of the top tabs.

I use my tab at home and at work and it does both jobs brilliantly. So part is for my self. I couldn't do it without all the help and support I get and it is nice to be able to help others get the best out of this device. It has meant that more users stay with the device that would have sold and even some users have joined our community. And what a brilliant community we have! I love what we have set up here in our little corner of xda. It's brilliant, you guys are ace, I love you all, and I have seriously become addicted to developing CROMI. At the same time I really appreciate that people do donate money to keep the project alive. No matter how small these donations do mean a lot and I really appreciate them. I do not expect them and I have never asked anyone to donate other than my sig. I'm happy to receive a thanks and that also brings a smile.

At the end of the day if I didn't dev CROMI I probably would have sold it by now, but hopefully I have managed to keep us current and negated that need for some months yet. And also let us not forget that we rely on Asus to push out the updates as well as the fact that I have also turned you all into flash-a-holics who want more more more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodylipp View Post
If I were to test drive another rom it would be cm10.1. This is they only tab/phone I haven't used it on. My wife has it on her gtab 10.1, is pretty good.

Back on topic, sbdags, I can't believe how often you are releasing fairly major updates, And you do it all, for not one but two versions.
Yes other roms offer pretty good experiences especially some nice theming options and live gui tweaks. If you want to go sow your oats with another woman for a short while ..... I know you will eventually return home.

Ah talking of which ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechXero View Post
Am coming back to CROMI sooner than expected... The support for BBB7 is almost non-existent... You ask for help all you get is nothing in return just more comments or just useless talk...

Sbdags is top notch... The support here is best I seen in the TF700T section xD

Cheers for that y'all :P
Welcome back from your fling! Thank you for your support as always. Guys this man does a lot for me. He has hosted every single CROMI version on a fast resumable sever and sets up these hosts without question or complaint. He is also part of my test team - someone I trust to give me honest feedback. Which reminds me bud, odex version will require some testing later when I can get myself up.

All of you deserve thanks as you all contribute and make CROMI work.

THANK YOU!
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mladenijs
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: [ROM][24/1/13] ★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.2.1 | JB 10.4.4.25 | DEODEX | New Kernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgecarstoiu View Post
Does anybody else have problems with the MyLibrary app? Every time I try to load an epub it just crashes (it opens pdfs normally). Don't know if it is a new or old issue as I haven't installed it in any previous CROMI releases.
Use the moon reader from the play store!

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda app-developers app

sbdags
Old
(Last edited by sbdags; 26th January 2013 at 09:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 12,993

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgecarstoiu
Does anybody else have problems with the MyLibrary app? Every time I try to load an epub it just crashes (it opens pdfs normally). Don't know if it is a new or old issue as I haven't installed it in any previous CROMI releases.
Yes I tried it last night and it crashes when opening an epub. I have no idea why unless there is some dependency missing. Moonreader as said is a far superior book reader so that would be my recommendation. Does any one know what Asus reader/my library is dependent on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hundsbuah View Post
Still waiting for the CleanROM Inheritance 3.2.1 odex version
Oh and the clock just got reset. Shame.

TechXero
Old
Thanks Meter 1,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Welcome back from your fling! Thank you for your support as always. Guys this man does a lot for me. He has hosted every single CROMI version on a fast resumable sever and sets up these hosts without question or complaint. He is also part of my test team - someone I trust to give me honest feedback. Which reminds me bud, odex version will require some testing later when I can get myself up.

All of you deserve thanks as you all contribute and make CROMI work.

THANK YOU!
Hahaha.. Thanks for that. And I await Odex test version.... It's a pleasure helping out an awesome Team...

Thanks all

Sent from my Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

-------------------------
-{ Google+ - Twitter - Blog - Storage }-
------------------------------------------------------
The Following User Says Thank You to TechXero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Svashtar
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
It means no dpi restrictions. It therefore supports dpi changes to be registered in the build.prop from the rom installer or the user.

Sorry for the confusion.
Ah, yes, I understand, makes sense.
Also thanks to _that for the answer.

This is something that maybe someone already asked, but i hopped on the CROMI train just recently and i admit i haven't read all 170 pages of this thread, so... Have you ever considered incorporating PA settings into CROMI - so, CROMI stays the same as it is with an addition of hybrid settings and per app DPI, navbar colors...and maybe some other stuff that are in PA builds?

CROMI + PA would be like the wildest dreams come true, at least for me.

Why?
I love lower DPI on my screen, makes it so much nicer and better. I understand that is of personal preference, but still, I think many people are doing it nowadays. But the thing is, setting a DPI system-wide is changing everything. There are some apps for which i still prefer higher DPI (feedly is one of them). So being able to set DPI in CROMI is OK and necessary, but being able to do it per app is crazy nice
PA roms, at least on TF700 are not very good at performance, but CROMI is.

So, you see, these two worlds colliding wold be an added value for everyone, imho.

Thanks for your thoughts in this.

BR

bloodylipp
Old
Thanks Meter 41
About the cm10.1, that was only in response to techxero. I want to shout my faithfulness from the mountains, I have never wavered in my " love" for cromi and I have never " cheated" like the w>0$e techxero is. Ah just kidding thank you techxero for all the hosting. This is the only tab I haven't put cm on, haven't even tried it. Just saw all the great things that were being said before I bought and knew when I brought it home what ROM I was going to use.
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 (at&t) Stock, Rooted
Asus tf700 4.4 cm11
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - CM10 10.1 (JB 4.2)
Phone - LG G3 (at&t)

Kalipok
Old
Thanks Meter 7
DSP manager keeps crashing when using play music...
Maybe it's because volume+ is installed (though not enabled ...).
Anyway, since it's working flawlesly, i'll stick with it and i just have to disable DSP Manager.

sbdags
Old
Thanks Meter 12,993

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svashtar View Post
Ah, yes, I understand, makes sense.
Also thanks to _that for the answer.

This is something that maybe someone already asked, but i hopped on the CROMI train just recently and i admit i haven't read all 170 pages of this thread, so... Have you ever considered incorporating PA settings into CROMI - so, CROMI stays the same as it is with an addition of hybrid settings and per app DPI, navbar colors...and maybe some other stuff that are in PA builds?

CROMI + PA would be like the wildest dreams come true, at least for me.

Why?
I love lower DPI on my screen, makes it so much nicer and better. I understand that is of personal preference, but still, I think many people are doing it nowadays. But the thing is, setting a DPI system-wide is changing everything. There are some apps for which i still prefer higher DPI (feedly is one of them). So being able to set DPI in CROMI is OK and necessary, but being able to do it per app is crazy nice
PA roms, at least on TF700 are not very good at performance, but CROMI is.

So, you see, these two worlds colliding wold be an added value for everyone, imho.

Thanks for your thoughts in this.

BR
Currently they are based on completely different sources which means it would be no simple task to mix PA mods into a stock based rom. So unfortunately it will have to remain a dream for now.

I used to use PA on my nexus 7 and it was a very nice rom on 4.1.2 but Google broke it on 4.2.1 and I don't think the PA team have recovered yet from that.

4.2.1 is laggy, buggy and suffers from a terrible ui. My most common request is please update to 4.2.1 which is not possible as it is not out, however, I can't imagine the complaints updating will bring unless Google fix things first. It is quite possibly their worst update ever.

Svashtar
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Agree on that! I think they wanted to bring too much in one version which ruined the whole system.
I am sure they will bring it back to previous state in next releases. Hopefully.

On PA builds - if it is a dream, it is still better than no dreams
So, i will not stop hoping for that one.

Understand you completely, though.
Keep up the very good work on CROMI as it is.

BR

The Following User Says Thank You to Svashtar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cleanrom, infinity, inheritance, jelly bean, tf700