Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 51,602 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW-TO] Battery saving tips

Tip us?

Fabipro
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Default AW: [HOW-TO] Battery saving tips

Hi,

I think this battery life isn't Ok?!
What do you think?
(Display on 3,5h at 50%, balanced mode, CleanROM 3.1)

Gesendet von meinem ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T mit Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1358600274898.jpg
Views:	861
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1658069   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1358600291044.jpg
Views:	874
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	1658070  

bmlarson
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I know I managed to make my battery life worse by overclocking... Although I also found out that I could undervolt a lot (about half of the original voltage) in the lower frequencies. I will need to test for longer to see how well it works.

Bluemgt06
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default Re: [HOW-TO] Battery saving tips

I use an app called Anfo Core that can change the number of cores running on the device. I run my tablet as a Dual or single core most of the time and I have noticed a slight improvement. I'm also using Lagfix and Seeder that make the slower speeds a little smoother.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

jupppo
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlarson View Post
I know I managed to make my battery life worse by overclocking... Although I also found out that I could undervolt a lot (about half of the original voltage) in the lower frequencies. I will need to test for longer to see how well it works.
I doubt that you can half the voltage. You probably undervolt with SetCPU with the result that only one core is undervolted and misbehaves and the other cores make up for it.

Loveless_23291
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I love ZDBOX, auto kill app when screen off, save battery.

ZigmaDK
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Ever since I installed Greenpower free my battery life has improved a lot.

It manages the wifi, 3gandbluetooth sleep settings and sync settings.

I set it to turn on wifi every 1 or 2 hours for 2 minutes to sync etc, and after that it turns everything back off. I dont have to remember to turn wifi off when i leave it.
That together with Tasker turning off wifi on certain apps/games really helps preserve battery.
Current Phone:
| HTC One - Rooted - Unlocked bootloader - Stock rom so far |

Retired phones:
| HTC Desire | HTC Hero | Nokia 6610i | Nokia 3310 | Nokia 3210 | Sagem 715 |

hasrussian
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoushaSen View Post
First of all, thanks to d14b0ll0s for yet another great write up. I am one of those concerned with the battery life of the Infinity. Though some review says it got up to 9-9.5 hours with BALANCED mode I believe is the mistake. By using Power save mode, I think we can potentially get to that level but still hard.

My system is NOT rooted, but I have noticed significant change in my battery life so far with following:

1. Balanced Mode to Power Save mode.

This gets me like extra 2 hours or so. WIthout this change, 5-6 hours for my usage and with this it goes up to 7-8 hours screen time.

2. Under Wi-Fi Setting change Use wifi during sleep mode (mine is in Japanese so exact wording may be different) to never. Default setting was always. Prior to this change, I lost quite bit overnight unplugged; however, after the change it loses negligible amount.

Now rather than these, I am trying to play around with Juice Defender, which was recommended by d14b0ll0s in best application list he created. I have initially downloaded Juice Defender Free edition, and noticed may be minimal gain over #1 already instituted. But concept was great. So I ended up purchasing Ultimate edition, which allows us to control when to turn of WIFI per individual application based without Root i.e. while reading PDF I don't think I need WIFI connection.

I am still tweaking and playing with Juice Defender, but I am certain without change in #1,#2 (which are actually taken care by Juice Defender in its own way), I can gain same battery life and my hope/guess is I can get even more battery life.

So in conclusion, for those not rooted try Juice Defender (at least free version). I will let you all know how the ultimate version does in next couple days.
never use super ips+ the screen is bright enough

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasrussian View Post
never use super ips+ the screen is bright enough
True, IPS+ only needed when you are outside under a bright sun light.

skullassfreak
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I use this since juice defender stopped being updated

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...enpower2&hl=en

There is also a free version

inkogneetoe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have seen a massive increase in my battery and over all performance since rooting a few days ago. Using various tweeks including the "deep sleep" build.prop tweek.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375948026644.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	2173595

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2