19th January 2013, 12:58 PM   |  #121  
Flag Augsburg
Thanks Meter: 21

283 posts
AW: [HOW-TO] Battery saving tips
Hi,

I think this battery life isn't Ok?!
What do you think?
(Display on 3,5h at 50%, balanced mode, CleanROM 3.1)

Gesendet von meinem ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T mit Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1358600274898.jpg
Views:	865
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1658069   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1358600291044.jpg
Views:	879
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	1658070  
26th January 2013, 04:25 AM   |  #122  
Flag Fort Collins
Thanks Meter: 4

20 posts
More
I know I managed to make my battery life worse by overclocking... Although I also found out that I could undervolt a lot (about half of the original voltage) in the lower frequencies. I will need to test for longer to see how well it works.
27th January 2013, 01:30 PM   |  #123  
Thanks Meter: 11

62 posts
Re: [HOW-TO] Battery saving tips
I use an app called Anfo Core that can change the number of cores running on the device. I run my tablet as a Dual or single core most of the time and I have noticed a slight improvement. I'm also using Lagfix and Seeder that make the slower speeds a little smoother.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
8th March 2013, 06:58 PM   |  #124  
Thanks Meter: 70

323 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlarson

I know I managed to make my battery life worse by overclocking... Although I also found out that I could undervolt a lot (about half of the original voltage) in the lower frequencies. I will need to test for longer to see how well it works.

I doubt that you can half the voltage. You probably undervolt with SetCPU with the result that only one core is undervolted and misbehaves and the other cores make up for it.
11th March 2013, 08:30 AM   |  #125  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
I love ZDBOX, auto kill app when screen off, save battery.
12th March 2013, 10:29 PM   |  #126  
Flag Skive
Thanks Meter: 9

170 posts
More
Ever since I installed Greenpower free my battery life has improved a lot.

It manages the wifi, 3gandbluetooth sleep settings and sync settings.

I set it to turn on wifi every 1 or 2 hours for 2 minutes to sync etc, and after that it turns everything back off. I dont have to remember to turn wifi off when i leave it.
That together with Tasker turning off wifi on certain apps/games really helps preserve battery.
9th April 2013, 03:14 PM   |  #127  
haslemere
Thanks Meter: 3

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoushaSen

First of all, thanks to d14b0ll0s for yet another great write up. I am one of those concerned with the battery life of the Infinity. Though some review says it got up to 9-9.5 hours with BALANCED mode I believe is the mistake. By using Power save mode, I think we can potentially get to that level but still hard.

My system is NOT rooted, but I have noticed significant change in my battery life so far with following:

1. Balanced Mode to Power Save mode.

This gets me like extra 2 hours or so. WIthout this change, 5-6 hours for my usage and with this it goes up to 7-8 hours screen time.

2. Under Wi-Fi Setting change Use wifi during sleep mode (mine is in Japanese so exact wording may be different) to never. Default setting was always. Prior to this change, I lost quite bit overnight unplugged; however, after the change it loses negligible amount.

Now rather than these, I am trying to play around with Juice Defender, which was recommended by d14b0ll0s in best application list he created. I have initially downloaded Juice Defender Free edition, and noticed may be minimal gain over #1 already instituted. But concept was great. So I ended up purchasing Ultimate edition, which allows us to control when to turn of WIFI per individual application based without Root i.e. while reading PDF I don't think I need WIFI connection.

I am still tweaking and playing with Juice Defender, but I am certain without change in #1,#2 (which are actually taken care by Juice Defender in its own way), I can gain same battery life and my hope/guess is I can get even more battery life.

So in conclusion, for those not rooted try Juice Defender (at least free version). I will let you all know how the ultimate version does in next couple days.

never use super ips+ the screen is bright enough
9th April 2013, 03:20 PM   |  #128  
Thanks Meter: 1,591

5,358 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasrussian

never use super ips+ the screen is bright enough

True, IPS+ only needed when you are outside under a bright sun light.
1st June 2013, 07:06 PM   |  #129  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 2

42 posts
More
I use this since juice defender stopped being updated

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...enpower2&hl=en

There is also a free version
8th August 2013, 08:47 AM   |  #130  
Thanks Meter: 0

45 posts
I have seen a massive increase in my battery and over all performance since rooting a few days ago. Using various tweeks including the "deep sleep" build.prop tweek.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375948026644.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	2173595

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread