HTC Flagship 2012 - HTC One X (Endeavor) - Tegra 3 - Mega Information Thread

27th January 2013, 04:36 PM   |  #13931  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Establishing Battlefield Control... Standby!
Thanks Meter: 6,292

13,294 posts
Donate to Me
More
Trip's updated his kernel:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=581
The Following User Says Thank You to geko95gek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2013, 04:39 PM   |  #13932  
Thanks Meter: 2,336

3,708 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin985

You never manage over six hours?, I never manage over 2.5hours

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Actually i manged 7hrs 30mins top so far in overall 36hrs usage could go probably a bit more if i haven't used wifi on all the time and auto sync, but remember thats without gaming , with gaming i can reach tops 3hrs in NFs
27th January 2013, 05:19 PM   |  #13933  
OP Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 13,585

21,149 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek

Trip's updated his kernel:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=581

Edit: nevermind he confirmed 520, will test it now
Last edited by hamdir; 27th January 2013 at 05:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2013, 05:29 PM   |  #13934  
Beirut

21,149 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesr

But is that bad if the M7 would come with the snapdragon S600?

I read somewhere that the Icera i500 wasn't ready yet. Maybe M7 will come with T4 for international version and the snapdragon 600 for LTE markets?

No not all s600 is supposedly 40% faster than the old s4pro

Also the GPU should score 39 or 40fps out of box in Egypt HD 1080p and I'm pretty sure they dealt with the thermal tolerance as well

Still those hooked on THD will not be convinced

Like me I never liked snapdragons, qual doesn't nearly have the passion

Considering nvidia kept milking Tegra3 for over a year with continuous kernel improvements for what it's basically one exact chipset

On the other hands Qual have a history of releasing tons of different versions and sometimes with software issues which they didn't not fix until next revisions

As well as gaming support isn't so great either I don't see them pushing devs to do better work
27th January 2013, 05:32 PM   |  #13935  
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 2,439

6,984 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

Thanks I was waiting for this, but I think it's not GPU OC yet, trip said he will stabilize it first

no it's 520 mhz :P
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to One-M8-Master For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2013, 07:11 PM   |  #13936  
Beirut

21,149 posts
so back in the ICS days we used to get 9fps stock in the Egypt HD 1080p offscreen test (C24Z16) now with Trip's JB kernel and GPU520 it scores 12fps

stock kernel ICS GPU @416mhz - Egypt HD C24Z16 offscreen 1080p - 9fps
gaming kernel ICS GPU @520mhz - Egypt HD C24Z16 offscreen 1080p - 11ps

stock kernel JB GPU @416mhz - Egypt HD C24Z16 offscreen 1080p - 10fps
Trip's X+ kernel JB GPU @520mhz - Egypt HD C24Z16 offscreen 1080p - 12ps

Considering Tegra 2 only scores 4fps by default, a 3fps increase in this test is not bad at all
Last edited by hamdir; 27th January 2013 at 07:35 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2013, 07:28 PM   |  #13937  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Establishing Battlefield Control... Standby!
Thanks Meter: 6,292

13,294 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: HTC One X - Tegra 3 - HTC's Hero Device! Mega Information Thread
Quote:

Edit: nevermind he confirmed 520, will test it now

I'm testing it here too.

So far so good.

Spun out from a JELLIED and RENOVATED One X.
27th January 2013, 08:04 PM   |  #13938  
Beirut

21,149 posts
TripNDroid ENRC2B kernel for the One X for Sense JB Rom
Quote:

Changelog 007:
- Powerboard updated to Endeavoru 3.1.10 kernel
- Choose HTC or TripNDroid pinmux support (HTC default)
- Improved performance
- Updated unified hboot support
- Graphics driver updated from latest nv-tegra release
- Corrected usb id's
- Wifi card updated
- EMMC support added back
- GPU 520mhz

This is really everything we ever wanted for the One X gaming, its a Sense kernel so no issues with HTC features and it fixes our three chronic issues:

- GPU unlocked to 520mhz, gainning 10fps in Egypt 720p and 4fps in Egypt HD 720p
- Quad unlocked, the device no longer locks to single core at full 1500mhz (which used to cause dips in quad games)
- Interactive fully working and is the default governor, there is no need for gaming boost with this kernel! the CPU stalling issues with HTC's ondemand and the broken quad in HTC's interactive are all gone!

It's such a relief to just use the One X and start a game at willl with this kernel, yes you don't need to tweak anything, out of box game fps dips and stutters usually associated with One X Sense ROMs/kernels are all gone!

The way to test this is to simply load RipeTide GP with the kernel's stock values, scroll through this game's track selection menu and you will see it's locked 60fps no stalls what so ever

Gaming boost values are very aggressive and it increases memory minfrees plus 3dscaling off, so it still provides the best possible gaming performance

You can tweak it a bit further by using the Nexus 7 default interactive values, you can also switch back to stock ondemand and revert it to stock values in order to use gaming boost, check this post for more info

Let's hope no bugs appear because this is really the best gaming kernel on the One X for stock JB Sense ROMs

Naturally temps are increased a little so im looking forward a UV interface in order to counter this and hopefully s2w as the final icing on the cake
Last edited by hamdir; 2nd February 2013 at 05:54 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2013, 08:15 PM   |  #13939  
Beirut

21,149 posts
(double post)
The Following User Says Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2013, 08:17 PM   |  #13940  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 923

1,665 posts
More
Quote:

TripNDroid ENRC2B kernel for the One X v007 for Sense JB Rom

This is really everything we ever wanted for the One X gaming, its a Sense kernel so no issues with HTC features and it fixes our three chronic issues:

- GPU unlocked to 520mhz, gainning 10fps in Egypt 720p and 4fps in Egypt HD 720p
- Quad unlocked, the device no longer locks to single core at full 1500mhz (which used to cause dips in quad games)
- Interactive fully working and is the default governor, there is no need for gaming boost with this kernel! the CPU stalling issues with HTC's ondemand and the broken quad in HTC's interactive are all gone!

It's such a relief to just use the One X and start a game at willl with this kernel, yes you don't need to tweak anything, out of box game fps dips and stutters usually associated with One X Sense ROMs/kernels are all gone!

The way to test this is to simply load RipeTide GP with the kernel's stock values, scroll through this game's track selection menu and you will see it's locked 60fps no stalls what so ever

You can still tweak it a bit further by using the Nexus 7 default interactive values, you can also switch back to stock ondemand and revert it to stock values in order to use gaming boost (the only advantages left with gaming boost are the increased memory minfrees during boost and 3d scaling lock)
check this post for more info

Let's hope no bugs appear because this is really the best gaming kernel on the One X for stock JB Sense ROMs

Naturally temps are increased a little so im looking forward a UV interface in order to counter this and hopefully s2w as the final icing on the cake

most enlightning analysis as always... thanks a lot...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc one x, knowledge base, nvidia tegra 3, one x, performance, sense 4.x
Previous Thread Next Thread