Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Rom]Kindle Fire 2nd Generation Rom Update Version 10.2.6(2013-01-26)

OP padest.com

14th December 2012, 03:46 PM   |  #31  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 305

2,069 posts
More
Ok i reran the same procedure and it works i now have root on 10.24 cool.
The Following User Says Thank You to jutley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th December 2012, 07:20 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jutley

Ok i reran the same procedure and it works i now have root on 10.24 cool.

what procedure? is it for the second gen 10.2.4?
19th December 2012, 07:57 PM   |  #33  
Anyone know if its possible to flash back to an older version, say 10.2.3? For the life of me, I cannot regain root on the latest update. Every tool I try keeps giving me "permission denied". I even tried some older methods like z4root. Im going crazy here.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it! Rooted Version 10.2.4
Last edited by BookCase; 20th December 2012 at 06:55 AM.
23rd December 2012, 05:33 AM   |  #34  
Flag Tallahassee, FL
Thanks Meter: 73

939 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCase

Anyone know if its possible to flash back to an older version, say 10.2.3? For the life of me, I cannot regain root on the latest update. Every tool I try keeps giving me "permission denied". I even tried some older methods like z4root. Im going crazy here.

So have two new Kindles with version 10.2.4 and this did not work... After looking through the various .bat and .sh the commands are not much different than what is typed via adb... Can anyone shed light on what is actually getting the root done?

P.S. I had one of the devices root when I first opened it (it was on version 10.2.1) and made the mistake of connecting to the internet before turning off the auto system updates and it freekin updated on my to version 10.2.4 removing root.
26th December 2012, 09:03 PM   |  #35  
Flag Fond du Lac, WI
Thanks Meter: 960

1,651 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCase

this method is not working for me. Can you please elaborate more as to how in god's name you got this thing rooted. I bought one for my daughter and amazon's os is pure $hit. thanks in advance...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drob311 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2013, 02:54 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Amazons OS is the same android but this carusel or whatever... is there any way of changing it without rooting? why did they do it?!
11th January 2013, 05:41 PM   |  #37  
Flag Astana
Thanks Meter: 19

200 posts
More
New to Kindle, relatively new to Android, but as to why they did it, pretty simple, the carousel (especially the recommended apps/books/media you see unless the feature turned off) all lead to Amazon's infrastructure. If you buy something through Amazon, the profit is mostly theirs (minus author/developer cut obviously).

If you were using Google Play/other app store/isohunt for APKs, Amazon would see no money. Given the profit margin (or possible loss, depending on model and price it was sold at!) on these devices, they are banking on making money from you with future purchases.

That it is how it seems to me at least, sure others will chirp in should I have mis-read the situation.

(Happily side loading apps, Calibre for my e-book collection, but not yet rooted my Kindle Fire (2nd Gen).)

Must update my sig sometime.
11th January 2013, 07:32 PM   |  #38  
Flag Sleaford, Lincs
Thanks Meter: 172

619 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentlyScreaming

New to Kindle, relatively new to Android, but as to why they did it, pretty simple, the carousel (especially the recommended apps/books/media you see unless the feature turned off) all lead to Amazon's infrastructure. If you buy something through Amazon, the profit is mostly theirs (minus author/developer cut obviously).

If you were using Google Play/other app store/isohunt for APKs, Amazon would see no money. Given the profit margin (or possible loss, depending on model and price it was sold at!) on these devices, they are banking on making money from you with future purchases.

That it is how it seems to me at least, sure others will chirp in should I have mis-read the situation.

(Happily side loading apps, Calibre for my e-book collection, but not yet rooted my Kindle Fire (2nd Gen).)

Must update my sig sometime.

Spot on. The Kindle Fire for most people is a media consumption device, not a tablet. I don't mind it, and for 99 it was a steal.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
12th January 2013, 05:25 AM   |  #39  
Flag Fond du Lac, WI
Thanks Meter: 960

1,651 posts
More
I finally got it rooted... My daughter didn't like Amazon's app store and I'm too lazy to side load the 50 apps and games she will want... The device runs great and now looks like a "regular" tablet. :beer:

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
29th January 2013, 03:37 PM   |  #40  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

84 posts
2013-01-26 updated to V10.2.6

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread