***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!

Search This thread

...Awesome...

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 10, 2010
Chicago
plus.google.com
I have created this thread for all you SG-SIII Noobs & Senior Members!

The purpose of this thread is to limit the number of (sometimes useless) threads, that are created over a simple problem that can easily be solved by READING OR SEARCHING.

This is the Emergency thread!

*Did you run into a problem and need quick assistance?

*Do you have a question or concern about your SG-SIII device?

Don't panic just ask here and I or WE THE SG-SIII COMMUNITY will gladly help!

Reactions: Archangel

ryanallaire

Dec 18, 2012
RANCHO CUCAMONGA
OnePlus 10 Pro
In case of emergency!

I dropped my s3 in some water and quickly grabbed it, and dried it off. Everything seemed to be working ok, but then i noticed that it's acting like i don't have my sd card in it when i do. My wifes card gets recognized right away when i put it in, so i think my sd card is no good. Any suggestions on how i can recover data from it?? Thanx

havy15

Jan 17, 2012
I dropped my s3 in some water and quickly grabbed it, and dried it off. Everything seemed to be working ok, but then i noticed that it's acting like i don't have my sd card in it when i do. My wifes card gets recognized right away when i put it in, so i think my sd card is no good. Any suggestions on how i can recover data from it?? Thanx

So your SD card doesn't read but hers does? And yeah then just get a new SD card go on a computer take your files off of it and put em back on the new SD card

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

tprophit

Dec 20, 2010
Hi,
New to the S3 and this rom. Root, flash went well, and so far, I'm loving this rom. One problem that is stumping me is this:
Using ADW launcher, have a direct dial short cut to voice mail. The voice mail contact is set up to dial *86 ,,xxxx, so with one tap, I can call vm and access messages.
However, the keyboard then becomes non responsive. I can't delete or save messages, and if I have multiple messages, can't get to the next one.
Any suggestions on how to work around this appreciated.
I'm running the 3.2 beta version of LS, and really only have this, and one other minor issue.
Thank you.

Still haven't solved this, but here's more clarification:

Phone is running LiquidSmooth 4.2.1m v2.1m beta 3.2

1. Using a 'direct dial shortcut. the rom dialer has a contact set up named voicemail, that is programmed: *86;,,XXXX. When I hit the direct dial shortcut, voicemail is dialed, xxxx is sent, and I can hear my first voicemail. The problem is the dialpad is non responsive. So, I can't save or delete the first voicemail, nor can I proceed to listen to the next one.

If I dial *86, and enter the password manually, then the dial pad works.

Even if I dial any contact withGoDialer, then, open keyboard to dial and extension, I get the stock dialer.

I drive a lot, and need as few distractions as possible. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

...Awesome...

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 10, 2010
Chicago
plus.google.com
Have u tried using a different launcher just to be sure its not hardware/ROM related it might be the launcher?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

droidxrooting

Jan 23, 2011
--------------If you like puzzle, tackle this---------------

I tried pretty much everything on the internet before posting here.

My stock/no root phone started bootlooping. So I used Odin and root66.tar to get it back. Everything seemed to be good. After I got 3 updates:1) 30mb, 2) 60mb and 3) JB updated OTA. After 60Mb update my phone said Samsung and shows unlocked lock. After JB update my phone bootloops again.

I though it it was a bad update and reflashed stock no root 4.0.4 and OTA did the same thing.

I tried the gs3 tool to flash the recovery and it always fails.

I would appreciate any help.... I have been dealing with this non sense for the past 24h.

Last edited:

LtZKilla

Dec 20, 2012
Alright, I'll try here. So, I'm on cleanrom 5.6. As far as I can tell everything is working, and there aren't any actual problems, but the phone doesn't know what the network is in settings and and when I drag down the notification bar it doesn't say it at the bottom. Anyone have an idea?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

jwattt

Sep 18, 2012
Tucson
MEID

does your cellular service connect? Also you are on verizon right? and did you do a dirty flash of cleanrom 5.6?

Alright, I'll try here. So, I'm on cleanrom 5.6. As far as I can tell everything is working, and there aren't any actual problems, but the phone doesn't know what the network is in settings and and when I drag down the notification bar it doesn't say it at the bottom. Anyone have an idea?

LtZKilla

Dec 20, 2012
does your cellular service connect? Also you are on verizon right? and did you do a dirty flash of cleanrom 5.6?

Yeah, my cell service connects and I can text and call. It just doesn't seem to have any idea that my carrier is verizon and it kinda seems odd.

Dabears2240

Jan 29, 2013
I am trying to install the stock systemui.apk file on my phone after I screwed up and flashed the wrong one, but installation always fails. I have moved the .apk to the /system/app folder and have changed the permission of the .apk but the file still won't install. What can I do?

jwattt

Sep 18, 2012
Tucson
carrier

Since you carrier wont load I believe following this tutorial with help fix your problem but check the conditions. Im not allowed to post links apparently so I attached it. I'll also flash cleanrom 5.6 and find out if its a software thing and get back to you. But it seems to me like its a MEID issue. So check the conditions in the link and if they are true I'd go that way. If not re-flash, clean install would be my suggestion. Yeah I run Cynagenmod 10.1 and it even knows I'm on Verizon. And Scott's roms always have the carrier.

Yeah, my cell service connects and I can text and call. It just doesn't seem to have any idea that my carrier is verizon and it kinda seems odd.

Attachments

• http.docx
    12.4 KB · Views: 6

CeeMillz

Aug 9, 2012
Brick
I can't recall when I last had it working but my NFC completely stopped working. I have tried reverting back to absolute stock rooted nandroid. That didn't work so I Odin booted back to the original unrooted firmware. Still same problem. If I try to uncheck NFC from the more options it moves over and is immediately flipped back. I have gone into a Verizon wireless store to seek help but the guy made a sarcastic remark that his iPhone wouldn't have that problem...but I also as a few other notes I have tried hells ROM and also flashing the NFC file with the ROM which also didn't work and have tried the few NFC Google wallet fixes I have seen, also sadly no luck. I'm stubborn and don't want to give up if anyone knows if there is a possible fix, hope you can possibly help!

jwattt

Sep 18, 2012
Tucson
replacement?

I think you may have a faulty chip. Also is your battery NFC capable? But to be honest Verizon will replace it for free if your under the 1 year warranty and don't have water damage or anything like that. Because if it doesn't work on the stock rom it's most likely a hardware problem in this case. So I would contact your carrier about that.

I can't recall when I last had it working but my NFC completely stopped working. I have tried reverting back to absolute stock rooted nandroid. That didn't work so I Odin booted back to the original unrooted firmware. Still same problem. If I try to uncheck NFC from the more options it moves over and is immediately flipped back. I have gone into a Verizon wireless store to seek help but the guy made a sarcastic remark that his iPhone wouldn't have that problem...but I also as a few other notes I have tried hells ROM and also flashing the NFC file with the ROM which also didn't work and have tried the few NFC Google wallet fixes I have seen, also sadly no luck. I'm stubborn and don't want to give up if anyone knows if there is a possible fix, hope you can possibly help!

CeeMillz

Aug 9, 2012
Brick
I have the stock battery and when I did call Verizon the first time they wanted me to contact Samsung first then get back to them so I figured i'd bring it here. It had worked before so I was wondering if maybe it fried somehow? Phone has never been dropped, no water damage, watch because I said that i'll drop it in 5 minutes and shatter my screen :eek: I guess I'll just try Samsung tomorrow and see what they have to say.

jwattt

Sep 18, 2012
Tucson
nfc

Actually I just thought of something else to try. Have you gone in and force quit nfc and cleared the app data? That may resolve the problem. Nfc will be under all apps and it is named nfc service.

I have the stock battery and when I did call Verizon the first time they wanted me to contact Samsung first then get back to them so I figured i'd bring it here. It had worked before so I was wondering if maybe it fried somehow? Phone has never been dropped, no water damage, watch because I said that i'll drop it in 5 minutes and shatter my screen :eek: I guess I'll just try Samsung tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Reactions: CeeMillz

CeeMillz

Aug 9, 2012
Brick
Actually I just thought of something else to try. Have you gone in and force quit nfc and cleared the app data? That may resolve the problem. Nfc will be under all apps and it is named nfc service.

Good idea, just tried it and it didn't do anything. Also tried that, rebooted recovery, wiped dalvick and cache fixed permissions then tried again with no luck. =/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The lock/power button on my s3 has stopped working, and I need to restore to stock so I can bring it to Verizon for a replacement.

Anyone know of a way to get into download mode without using the power button?

Go into terminal emulator and type in:

su
    reboot download

Hit enter after each line.

Or you can use adb if you know how. Either way you must be rooted to do this.
    Trt flashing the rom with clean wipe.. Then install correct version of gapps

Thanks doesn't hurt....
    hi i hard bricked my phone about a month ago and got it fixed recently by JTAG Riff - Boot repair and it worked perfect. but then i rooted it and unlocked the bootloader and then i went it too recovery mode to install hyperdrive rom r14 using TWRP and everything runs smooth threw the installation but once its done i reboot and it has a yellow triangle with a black exclamation point in it and under neath is says "system software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone". then after i go to download re-flash a stock firmware and re-root and restore to my last backup and have no problem. but what i want to know is, is there a why to fix this so i can flash custom roms again. if i could get help that would be great.

I would start the rooting / flashing process o er from Step 1. I had the same problem on day one and soft bricked it and was able to follow a thread that unscrewed it but I honestly don't remember what was entailed. I do know that what I did in the end was restart the root / flashing process. Wish I could be of more help but I know you'll be able to get it going again.
    nfc

No if you are back to stock ORIGINAL and still have that problem its Hardware.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2