OFFICIAL Goophone I5 Lite

Search This thread

livingincm

Sep 8, 2010
Hello everybody,

I've gotten my hand on the Goophone I5.. one of lucky 200 first to get this phone.
The hardware is surprisingly great but the software is just... terrible. I really hope someone can help me out on this.

*This phone came in pre-rooted*

# PROBLEM NUMBER 01
1) Their china-iphone 5 launcher is so damn laggy
2) Hence I downloaded ilauncher (downloaded the apk because.. #problem 2)
3) But the problem is, i can't seem to change the default launcher to ilauncher because these china dudes actually mapped the home button to their self-made launcher -_- So even if you download golauncher etc and you press the home button, it does not allow you to change the launcher at all?!
4) The only way i manage to get into ilauncher is via easy touch.

I tried uninstalling their default launcher and guess what. The menu button now does not work at all. Unbelievable. I remember reading up on how it is possible to change configuration of the home button but i'm not too sure on how to do so. If someone could enlighten me, i would really be grateful.

# PROBLEM NUMBER 02
1) Their google play store just simply doesn't work. I've tried installing all the google services applications, changing the permission setting of vending.apk to rw-r--r-- and whenever google market successfully connects to google server it simply just force closed (Google Play has stopped responding).

2) I've tried market enabler but it doesnt seem to help at all.

Anybody has a clue? :(

mat33n

Jan 3, 2013
Hello everybody,

I've gotten my hand on the Goophone I5.. one of lucky 200 first to get this phone.
The hardware is surprisingly great but the software is just... terrible. I really hope someone can help me out on this.

*This phone came in pre-rooted*

# PROBLEM NUMBER 01
1) Their china-iphone 5 launcher is so damn laggy
2) Hence I downloaded ilauncher (downloaded the apk because.. #problem 2)
3) But the problem is, i can't seem to change the default launcher to ilauncher because these china dudes actually mapped the home button to their self-made launcher -_- So even if you download golauncher etc and you press the home button, it does not allow you to change the launcher at all?!
4) The only way i manage to get into ilauncher is via easy touch.

I tried uninstalling their default launcher and guess what. The menu button now does not work at all. Unbelievable. I remember reading up on how it is possible to change configuration of the home button but i'm not too sure on how to do so. If someone could enlighten me, i would really be grateful.

# PROBLEM NUMBER 02
1) Their google play store just simply doesn't work. I've tried installing all the google services applications, changing the permission setting of vending.apk to rw-r--r-- and whenever google market successfully connects to google server it simply just force closed (Google Play has stopped responding).

2) I've tried market enabler but it doesnt seem to help at all.

Anybody has a clue? :(

Hey how you going. Ok I got the Zophone i5 yesterday and I was having the same problem as you regards to problem number to. mine seem to work by naming the market file to vending.apk and setting the permission. Another thing you can try is this.

(sorry I cant post the link but go on youtube and search Thunderbird i5 LTE - How to install the android market (play store)!

I know he does not have the real goophone but it might work.

good luck :)

m34n1ng

Apr 6, 2012
Try this

i havnt gotten my hands on one yet but if you can root it you could download a button remapper and have the home button actually set to home or i think you can set it to open up apps so in your case the launcher
Good luck! :)

Manuxo

Oct 4, 2011
Porto
Goophone I5 Lite

Hi all,

You don't need to root the phone or try to.
The goophone i5 comes rooted from factory.

To access the clockworkmod just turn off phone

Power Button + Volume Down [-]

And that's it!

If your phone get bricked on the boot logo you just need to press the tiny button between the camera and flash.

To change the boot logo into the apple logo, please follow the steps:

Get a Root Explorer (I recommend ES File Manager)
Navigate to System/Media/ and you will notice that there is 4 files named Bootanimation.zip, Shutdownanimation.zip and bootanimationIphone.zip and shutdownanimationIphone.zip.

Just rename the rename the original ones to bootanimationgp.zip and shutdownanimation.zip and delete the word iphone from the other ones. This way you will get the Original Apple boot animations.

To remap the home button please go to system/usr/keylayout/ and open the file named mkt-kpd.kl as text, scroll down to the key 102 and just rename the Home to Back, save the file, reboot phone and that's it.

Notice that you'll lose the double tap to go the the task manager, lock screen orientation , etc.

To remove all the chinese apps just go to system/apps/ and delete whatever you want. Do not delete system files, otherwise your phone will not work properly.

To install google software, just get the G_Apps from google for ICS version, or copy them from an existing rom running the ICS 4.0.x. Copy all the files into system/app/, reboot the phone and that's it.

After reboot you will see that you'll have all the google apps, but it will be shown an error com.google.process.gapps stoped. I haven't solved this yet. i can add an google account, all the apps like gmail, gtalk, google +, messenger works but google play don't! It opens, you can search for apps but when you try do download them it crashes giving and error 906.

I'm using aptdoide for now..until i get this solved.

I hope this information help you out solving some of the goophone software issues.
Don't forget to press thanks button is this information is usefull for you.

Regards.

Reactions: m34n1ng and Svehan

mat33n

Jan 3, 2013
Hi all,

And that's it!

If your phone get bricked on the boot logo you just need to press the tiny button between the camera and flash.

Navigate to System/Media/ and you will notice that there is 4 files named Bootanimation.zip, Shutdownanimation.zip and bootanimationIphone.zip and shutdownanimationIphone.zip.

Just rename the rename the original ones to bootanimationgp.zip and shutdownanimation.zip and delete the word iphone from the other ones. This way you will get the Original Apple boot animations.

To remap the home button please go to system/usr/keylayout/ and open the file named mkt-kpd.kl as text, scroll down to the key 102 and just rename the Home to Back, save the file, reboot phone and that's it.

Notice that you'll lose the double tap to go the the task manager, lock screen orientation , etc.

To remove all the chinese apps just go to system/apps/ and delete whatever you want. Do not delete system files, otherwise your phone will not work properly.

To install google software, just get the G_Apps from google for ICS version, or copy them from an existing rom running the ICS 4.0.x. Copy all the files into system/app/, reboot the phone and that's it.

After reboot you will see that you'll have all the google apps, but it will be shown an error com.google.process.gapps stoped. I haven't solved this yet. i can add an google account, all the apps like gmail, gtalk, google +, messenger works but google play don't! It opens, you can search for apps but when you try do download them it crashes giving and error 906.

I hope this information help you out solving some of the goophone software issues.

Regards.
Hi guys

I hope can help me. I have the zophone i5 and it will not let me get into recovery mode. I can get into the screen where it says recovery mode with the apply logo and it gets stuck and thats it.

Another issue was I thought it might have been the phone so I reset it via factory mode but it is the same and I have lost the apple unlock screen and the slide to power off. I have tried to find what add they were using on my phone but cant seem to find it, does anyone know what its called?

Also for your issue of google play issue you might want to try this
(sorry I cant post the link but go on youtube and search Thunderbird i5 LTE - How to install the android market (play store)!

hope that helps

Thanks

cj27282

Mar 24, 2013
i cannot bypass Android Recovery 3E and install goophonei5-xda.zip ??

hi
i cannot bypass Android Recovery 3E and install goophonei5-xda.zip to my iPhone 5 clone via ROM Manager ~~ what should I do please?????:crying:

Hi all,

And that's it!

Regards.

thegadgetman001

Apr 14, 2013
Replace 3e Recovery with clockworkmod

hi
i cannot bypass Android Recovery 3E and install goophonei5-xda.zip to my iPhone 5 clone via ROM Manager ~~ what should I do please?????:crying:[/QUOTE\}

Hi i have rooted my goophone i5 n2 mtk6577, but everything ive tried to flash cwm has never worked, and when ever i tried mobile uncle tools it took me too my stock recovery 3e. Have tried flashing roms on it but had signature problems,need to replace or remove it. Have spent many hours on this forum, reading and trying dfferent methods but have all failed. Any help would be much appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Goophone I5 Lite

Hi all,

And that's it!

Regards.