Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,562 Members 53,585 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from Diamondback: VTS has its own support area now. Check it out: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/virtuous-ten-studio

[IDE][3.6.30.14100] Virtuous Ten Studio - Advanced Reverse Engineering Solution

Tip us?
 
Diamondback
Old
#1111  
Diamondback's Avatar
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6,343
Posts: 4,386
Join Date: Jan 2010
Guys I published a new update a few minutes ago.
It's OTA only and mainly contains low level bugfixes and stuff. Nothing too exciting :P

However, as always, here's the changelog:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ECOztBZ0w/edit

Contact the Developer Committee with any questions or concerns regarding
the Recognized Developer program.
Mention my name with @Diamondback in any post to easily get my attention.
Please use BB Codes to format your posts.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Diamondback For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ikjadoon
Old
(Last edited by ikjadoon; 31st January 2013 at 12:03 AM.)
#1112  
ikjadoon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 311
Posts: 693
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Richmond, KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
Hm I could certainly check for ro.secure and give out a warning or something.
However, automatically rebooting to recovery, flashing and booting back up is... Less than ideal. However I could include a button to restart to recovery so it's a bit easier.
Oh, you can check for it easily? Well, that'd be awesome.

Haha, that's true it would be a little precarious. A button would be legit!

EDIT: OK, slight issue, though: what if they're running the stock recovery? I don't know if it set as ro.secure = 1 or 0.... The other, maybe easier option, is to link them to adbd insecure (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=37397932).
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S IV 16GB in Black Mist
4.4 (NC1)
---
Samsung 32GB microSD


Guides: Noob-friendly *.apk editing, TWRP update notifications, WiFi perpetually on after JB update: a fix!
Cool apps: OBackup (automatically schedule Nandroid backups!), OSkin [BETA] (share your homescreen with others in less than 5 minutes!)
 
dtrail1
Old
#1113  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7,770
Posts: 4,839
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Frankfurt

 
DONATE TO ME
Default AW: [IDE] Virtuous Ten Studio - The next level of reverse engineering apps | 2.1.19.7

Just found this thread. Thank you very much! This tool makes it more easy for my work!! Thx.

XT910 - Stock System: D-WiZ 3.0.2 / 2nd System: Moto Jelly Bean
My English? Well, if you find any orthographic mistakes you're allowed to keep them for your own behalf, to sell 'em, use them or whatever you want to do with it..

Every little cup of coffee will help! BIG THANKS to all who supported me in any way and this great community!!

Currently needed: I'm happy!
But I'm thankful for everything!!


And/or help me by registering here via THIS banner - and earn some BTC for yourself with your own banner:

It's just a matter of time - you'll get BTC/FTC/LTC/ETC for simply doing -.- NOTHING

 
ikjadoon
Old
#1114  
ikjadoon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 311
Posts: 693
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Richmond, KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
Hm I could certainly check for ro.secure and give out a warning or something.
However, automatically rebooting to recovery, flashing and booting back up is... Less than ideal. However I could include a button to restart to recovery so it's a bit easier.
There has to be a better way!

haha, and there just might be; all you need to do, I think, is just edit your push command. See here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=39
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S IV 16GB in Black Mist
4.4 (NC1)
---
Samsung 32GB microSD


Guides: Noob-friendly *.apk editing, TWRP update notifications, WiFi perpetually on after JB update: a fix!
Cool apps: OBackup (automatically schedule Nandroid backups!), OSkin [BETA] (share your homescreen with others in less than 5 minutes!)
 
Diamondback
Old
#1115  
Diamondback's Avatar
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6,343
Posts: 4,386
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikjadoon View Post
There has to be a better way!

haha, and there just might be; all you need to do, I think, is just edit your push command. See here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=39
I don't think that's a solution. As far as I know SuperSU doesn't grant su automatically to shell (as opposed to the older Superuser, which does this)
However, you can always just use the built-in shell thginie from VTS do remount manually and push then.

Contact the Developer Committee with any questions or concerns regarding
the Recognized Developer program.
Mention my name with @Diamondback in any post to easily get my attention.
Please use BB Codes to format your posts.
 
ikjadoon
Old
#1116  
ikjadoon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 311
Posts: 693
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Richmond, KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
I don't think that's a solution. As far as I know SuperSU doesn't grant su automatically to shell (as opposed to the older Superuser, which does this)
However, you can always just use the built-in shell thginie from VTS do remount manually and push then.
Right, SuperSU doesn't grant su automatically. It will create that "Grant/Deny" prompt on phone, which you need to say grant. And then it will always work, right?

haha...yes...I guess I could use the built-in shell........fine. At least, then, maybe let ro.secure users know this, though, so they aren't like me for two days wondering why "push" command is taking 20 minutes for a 2MB file. If you get time.

Did you get my AndroidManifest.xml-actually-being-modified screenshot, btw? I sent it on IRC, but I don't know exactly how "old" messages are stored, if at all.
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S IV 16GB in Black Mist
4.4 (NC1)
---
Samsung 32GB microSD


Guides: Noob-friendly *.apk editing, TWRP update notifications, WiFi perpetually on after JB update: a fix!
Cool apps: OBackup (automatically schedule Nandroid backups!), OSkin [BETA] (share your homescreen with others in less than 5 minutes!)
 
Diamondback
Old
#1117  
Diamondback's Avatar
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6,343
Posts: 4,386
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikjadoon View Post
Right, SuperSU doesn't grant su automatically. It will create that "Grant/Deny" prompt on phone, which you need to say grant. And then it will always work, right?

haha...yes...I guess I could use the built-in shell........fine. At least, then, maybe let ro.secure users know this, though, so they aren't like me for two days wondering why "push" command is taking 20 minutes for a 2MB file. If you get time.

Did you get my AndroidManifest.xml-actually-being-modified screenshot, btw? I sent it on IRC, but I don't know exactly how "old" messages are stored, if at all.
Yea I got that screenshot. Doesn't really matter though, since I am going to implement a "maximum compatibility mode" longterm.


I am planning to introduce a pretty breaking change in the next version. I want to replace the current ApkTool path system with one based on version numbers.

You won't be able anymore to set a custom ApkTool path, instead you have two choices:
  • Always use newest ApkTool
  • Select a custom ApkTool version (but based on the version number, not a custom path)

The main goal is to simply the whole process of selecting ApkTools and to ease the upgrade to a newer ApkTool.
However, the main problem is that all your old projects will be resetted to "Use newest ApkTool" instead of using the custom one you might have assigned.
The question is now, how many of you actually use a very special ApkTool version and can't use a newer one?

Contact the Developer Committee with any questions or concerns regarding
the Recognized Developer program.
Mention my name with @Diamondback in any post to easily get my attention.
Please use BB Codes to format your posts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diamondback For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hammerholm
Old
(Last edited by hammerholm; 2nd February 2013 at 01:51 AM.)
#1118  
hammerholm's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 126
Join Date: Nov 2010
Is it possible to decompile an shared.m10 file without having the .apk ?

Sincerely

Edit: You know what, nevermind.. xD
 
Diamondback
Old
#1119  
Diamondback's Avatar
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6,343
Posts: 4,386
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerholm View Post
Is it possible to decompile an shared.m10 file without having the .apk ?

Sincerely

Edit: You know what, nevermind.. xD
It's not possible anyway

Contact the Developer Committee with any questions or concerns regarding
the Recognized Developer program.
Mention my name with @Diamondback in any post to easily get my attention.
Please use BB Codes to format your posts.
 
ikjadoon
Old
#1120  
ikjadoon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 311
Posts: 693
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Richmond, KY
Default Re: [IDE] Virtuous Ten Studio - The next level of reverse engineering apps | 2.1.30.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
Yea I got that screenshot. Doesn't really matter though, since I am going to implement a "maximum compatibility mode" longterm.
Oh, solid. Glad to hear it! if you need a beta-tester, let me know.
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S IV 16GB in Black Mist
4.4 (NC1)
---
Samsung 32GB microSD


Guides: Noob-friendly *.apk editing, TWRP update notifications, WiFi perpetually on after JB update: a fix!
Cool apps: OBackup (automatically schedule Nandroid backups!), OSkin [BETA] (share your homescreen with others in less than 5 minutes!)

Tags
adb, all in one, apk, apk manager, apk multi tool, apktool, dex2jar, draw9patch, dsixda, ide, java, logcat, m10 files, m10 images, m10 tools, resources, sense, sense skins, smali, super powerful, syntax highlighting, theming, visual studio, vts, xml
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes