Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,599 Members 43,405 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[All Carriers]Touch Wiz Themeing Questions

Tip us?

Naddict
Old
Thanks Meter 13,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorwindmo46 View Post
Ok, so I am new to the SGS3 theme deal. If this should be posted to the questions thread, I do appologize.
I am rooted and I done my backup. What do I have to do to install any custom themes? I've been reading and reading and all I can get is that you need a custom rom to change themes (haven't found a newer one yet I trust). Is it that hard to theme a stock rom without using an app from the market? I can't for the life of me find a detailed walkthrough. I understand the odex and deodex. It seems to me when I did my Evo 4G it seemed much easier.
A familiar username, a familiar question...

The morphology thread is where to start...it just so happens that morphology supports three major and reliable TW (stock looking) roms (FreeGs3, The People's Rom, and Franken Rom)...from there, flash both mods in the OP. Morphology has the OMG themes built in there if that is what you want.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Whiplashh
Old
(Last edited by Whiplashh; 5th January 2013 at 05:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,467
How can I theme the stock apps icons? (Like Messaging, Phone, contacts, media player, etc.) On a deodexed ROM.
Not the actual app, just the Icon on the homescreen/app drawer.

Note: I mean actually changing the icon. Not using an app from the play store. Going in and making it the default icon
Need Help? Private Message me! Don't forget to hit that thanks button if I helped!
-
Devices: Evo Shift 4G (Dead) - Evo 4g (OG) - Sprint LG Optimus S - Sprint Galaxy S3 - Sprint Optimus G (LGOG) - Google Nexus 7 (2013)
ROM: All running Stock or some form of Cyanogenmod. (CM7, 10, or 11). Except the Galaxy S3, it has some Wicked Sensations.
Current Devices: Sprint Optimus G, Google Nexus 7

jookdakang23
Old
Thanks Meter 841

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplashh View Post
How can I theme the stock apps icons? (Like Messaging, Phone, contacts, media player, etc.) On a deodexed ROM.
Not the actual app, just the Icon on the homescreen/app drawer.

Note: I mean actually changing the icon. Not using an app from the play store. Going in and making it the default icon
extract the apk and its usually found in the mipmap xhdpi folders. if not there usually in the drawable xhdpi folder.
Check Out My ATT Samsung Galaxy S3 Rom - BlackRom

Feel Free To Donate To Me Click Here
Follow Me On Twitter: @jooksc

ReapersDeath
Old
Thanks Meter 217
So, could anyone give me a kick start? Im looking to create stock themes for some different touchwiz roms. I have a general idea of what to do. But i do not have a flashable zip i could use. In other terms, how could i get a theme to flash on whomevers S3? (currently wanting to fully theme Naddicts peoples rom to full stock and not burden him with asking him to make a full stock theme. He already did some theming for me and those who wanted)..

Anyways, back on the evo 4g, years ago, i made a theme, used a zip provided by i think gruesome wolf. All i did was basically collect icons and what not and drag them into the zip and when i flashed the zip, the icons on the rom previously would be the ones i placed. Im looking to theme the rom im currently on to 100% or 99% stock (The Peoples ROM 3.0.8)

Evewon
Old
Thanks Meter 126
When you connect to wifi, a message box pops up saying "connected to blah.blah Wireless", where can I find the text color for this? It is the last little bit of blue I can get rid of.

Phone : Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH-I747
Rom : The Devils Reject Edition v7
Kernel : Stock+Insecure with init.d support
------------------------------
Tablet : Asus Slider SL101

Evewon
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Unhappy A few changes I just cant find, please help!

I need some help guys..
After theming almost 99% of all the Samsung system apks, I am stuck.
I am trying to change all blue images/ text, well eveything that is blue to green for all apks, these are the 3 that are driving me crazy and I just cant seem to find.
1. Is in the ClockPackage.apk

I cant find the xml that controls the blue color of the selected text above.

2. Next is when you crop a picture, I have looked all through SecGallery2.apk and SamsungCamera.apk

I cant find the xml to change the bars of the crop square...

3. Is the SamsungCamera.apk, I have gone through every file located in res, and cant find how to make the text in the menus green.

Looked through all files, to get rid of blue text, can't find what controls it. Please help!

I have looked and looked, I must be missing something...
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Phone : Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH-I747
Rom : The Devils Reject Edition v7
Kernel : Stock+Insecure with init.d support
------------------------------
Tablet : Asus Slider SL101

alen1901
Old
Thanks Meter 6,861
i need help for lockscreen clock positioning. i would like to make it to look like on galaxy s4 but something is strange. what ever value i put (dip), clock doesnt move or anything. btw im talking about galaxy s2. so, is anybody expert for that so can help me with moving lockscreen clock and date? tnx
Nexus 5
ROM: Purity
KERNEL: Code_Blue
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nexus 5 Purity rom THEMES. click.

Nexus 4 Purity rom THEMES. click.

My Galaxy S4 lockscreen for Galaxy S2. click.

Spanky'
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Thanks!

Sent From My Rooted Sprint SGS3 with M.O.A.R Rom

ReelFiles
Old
(Last edited by ReelFiles; 7th May 2013 at 11:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 393
This has been driving me crazy, I got all the dialer icons recolored to cyan, except for the back button in portrait mode. I went through each subfolder in secphone and seccontacts and can't figure out why it won't work. The file must not be in those folders, any ideas?

nevermind, I found it. It was call_clear_btn.png in \SecContacts.apk\res\drawable-sw359dp-xhdpi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-05-07-05-55-08.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	1942558   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-05-07-05-54-58.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	1942559  
The Following User Says Thank You to ReelFiles For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Echo113
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1,499

DONATE TO ME
Anybody know the names of these images?

"I said good DAY!"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1367966955102.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	40.4 KB