Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 44,775 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [Nov 1][4.3.1][SmoothROM v5.3]Smoothest ROM-Deodex-Zipalign-Tablet UI-Stable

Tip us?

browy
Old
Thanks Meter 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by durangatang View Post
I tried dirty flash and didn't work
Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
You mean you still have no root access after dirty flashing the ROM? That method worked for me though. Maybe changing the kernel helps. I was on motley but switched to M-kernel during the flash and now I get root back. Worth a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to browy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

durangatang
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Default Re: [ROM][Jan 13][4.2.1] SmoothROM v4.3-Smoothest ROM-Deodex-Zipalign-Tablet UI-Stabl

Quote:
Originally Posted by browy View Post
You mean you still have no root access after dirty flashing the ROM? That method worked for me though. Maybe changing the kernel helps. I was on motley but switched to M-kernel during the flash and now I get root back. Worth a try.
Yeah I tried to dirty flash the ROM, but I still do not have root access. I will try a different kernel.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using xda app-developers app
N900W8 - Stock 4.4.2 Rooted Knox 0x0

burninghouse
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by killall View Post
Need more detail to help. What ROM, what recovery, etc, etc.....
stock 4.2.1 rooted with stock kernel (provided in the multi rom thread OP)
TWRP recovery with multi rom installed....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

durangatang
Old
(Last edited by durangatang; 30th January 2013 at 08:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 66
Default Re: [ROM][Jan 13][4.2.1] SmoothROM v4.3-Smoothest ROM-Deodex-Zipalign-Tablet UI-Stabl

Quote:
Originally Posted by browy View Post
Installed m-kernel a31 and finally got root back. Guess I will try m-kernel for a few days see how I like it. I know already that I like trickstermod more than system tuner. Thanks.

N900W8 - Stock 4.4.2 Rooted Knox 0x0
The Following User Says Thank You to durangatang For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

browy
Old
(Last edited by browy; 30th January 2013 at 08:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 203

Quote:
Originally Posted by durangatang View Post
Installed m-kernel a31 and finally got root back. Guess I will try m-kernel for a few days see how I like it. I know already that I like trickstermod more than system tuner. Thanks.

Glad to hear. I'm using tricksters too, lemme know if you find a settings that suits bests for m-kernel. I'm experiencing some lag with my browser every now and then and that's driving me nuts.

Wait, you also use trickstermod? I was messing with it too before I lost root access. Could it be that this bastard is the reason why we both lost root access?
🐤🐥🐣🐔 Sent from my Nexus 7 🐤🐥🐣🐔

killall
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Default [ROM][Jan 13][4.2.1] SmoothROM v4.3-Smoothest ROM-Deodex-Zipalign-Tablet UI-Stable

I lost root tonight as well, seemed to happen after I updated superSU. I know there was a problem with dumpstate appearing in superSU yesterday, hence the update. Maybe Chainfire needs to look at it again.
i9505 - Stock 4.4.2 / N7 FLO - CleanRom 2.6 / Chromecast - Eureka 2.0
Quote:
A hacker to me is someone creative who does wonderful things.......Tim Berners-Lee

hasenbein1966
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Default AW: [ROM][Jan 13][4.2.1] SmoothROM v4.3-Smoothest ROM-Deodex-Zipalign-Tablet UI-Stabl

For all who suddenly lost root!!

DON'T reinstall anything! It's not necessary!

It's a problem with the new SuperSU version:

Just untick "Respect CM root settings" in the SuperSU settings section! Voila, all back to normal again!

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk 2
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to hasenbein1966 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xtcme
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasenbein1966 View Post
For all who suddenly lost root!!

DON'T reinstall anything! It's not necessary!

It's a problem with the new SuperSU version:

Just untick "Respect CM root settings" in the SuperSU settings section! Voila, all back to normal again!

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk 2
This is a true statement. Happened to me also. Just about to run wugs tool and figured I would look at SU. Sure enough a simple reinstall of SU and boom, got root. Nexus is such a killer gadget. Almost unbrickable and fun toy.
The Following User Says Thank You to xtcme For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

killall
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Default [ROM][Jan 13][4.2.1] SmoothROM v4.3-Smoothest ROM-Deodex-Zipalign-Tablet UI-Stable

Thanks guys, i was about to reinstall everything. Tried re-rooting with Nexus toolkit and still couldn't get it rooted. That's what I love about XDA, help is always at hand.
i9505 - Stock 4.4.2 / N7 FLO - CleanRom 2.6 / Chromecast - Eureka 2.0
Quote:
A hacker to me is someone creative who does wonderful things.......Tim Berners-Lee

browy
Old
Thanks Meter 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasenbein1966 View Post
Why don't I see that in SuperSU settings section? Does SuperSU has to be pro version? I swear I did look into that settings section but didn't find anything useful that's why I went ahead and reflash the entire ROM.