Kindle Fire Dead

Search This thread

MisterSir69

Jan 1, 2013
Turned my Kindle fire off today, and went back a few hours later to turn it back on and it would not do anything, Wont power on, I have charged it for several hours using multiple chargers. Also tried to boot off the fast boot cable. Im assuming im going to have to send it back fore warranty. Whats my worse case Scenario here since it was rooted and had a custom rom installed. any chances of amazon detecting that. If I cant get it to boot back up will they be able to?

EQ811977

Aug 30, 2012
Wilmington,De U.S.A.
OnePlus 9 Pro
Same thing happened to me. Custom rom and rooted. I returned mine and received a new one without a problem. Imho I don't even think they bothered to check the one I returned.

EDIT......Mine was less than two weeks old and I think that is why I received a new one. I don't know if they fix the ones that run past the return policy period.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Last edited:

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires
Turned my Kindle fire off today, and went back a few hours later to turn it back on and it would not do anything, Wont power on, I have charged it for several hours using multiple chargers. Also tried to boot off the fast boot cable. Im assuming im going to have to send it back fore warranty. Whats my worse case Scenario here since it was rooted and had a custom rom installed. any chances of amazon detecting that. If I cant get it to boot back up will they be able to?

have you got a fastboot cable?

MisterSir69

Jan 1, 2013
have you got a fastboot cable?

Yes tried the fast boot cable did no good.

I contacted Amazon they walked me through doing a hard reset, afterwards it booted up fine right into my custom Rom. Anyone else has this issue, They just had me hold down the power button for 20 Seconds let go then power it on.

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires

I contacted Amazon they walked me through doing a hard reset, afterwards it booted up fine right into my custom Rom. Anyone else has this issue, They just had me hold down the power button for 20 Seconds let go then power it on.

you didnt make a full wipe before installing this rom i think, thats why it booted after making this

mindmajick

Account currently disabled

That works on EVERY android device BTW..

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire2 using Tapatalk 2