Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,106 Members 40,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any apps like Splashtop 2?

Tip us?

serosis
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Any apps like Splashtop 2?

I have been playing around with Splashtop 2, it's great but the one thing that makes my sphincter tighten is the monthly/yearly pay plans to use it on other networks.

I would like to see if there are other options for remote desktop apps that also work exactly like Splashtop 2, I.E. full support for Windows 8 gestures that do not have pay plans, one payment to use forever, or perhaps even free.

Another thing that bugs me is that Splashtop does not fill the entire GTab screen, it just picks a resolution that comes close.

For now I guess I'll keep using TeamViewer, but that whole thing is a pain in my knuckles.

djmvt
Old
(Last edited by djmvt; 30th January 2013 at 08:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Any apps like Splashtop 2?

I have been using xtralogic remote desktop for a year now to connect to my win7 desktop.
It is a full featured rdp client that connects to any rdp enabled machine.

Since 4 months the company I work for is even using this to remotely connect to a win7 server on a professional and daily basis.

What I like most about it is that you don't have to install any software on the server side, just be sure rdp is enabled.

One time payment and working great.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app
Galaxy S4 running latest stock TW FW (android 4.3)
Nexus10 stock rooted KitKat (android 4.4.2)
The Following User Says Thank You to djmvt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

serosis
Old
(Last edited by serosis; 31st January 2013 at 04:00 PM.) Reason: Update
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmvt View Post
I have been using xtralogic remote desktop for a year now to connect to my win7 desktop.
It is a full featured rdp client that connects to any rdp enabled machine.

Since 4 months the company I work for is even using this to remotely connect to a win7 server on a professional and daily basis.

What I like most about it is that you don't have to install any software on the server side, just be sure rdp is enabled.

One time payment and working great.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app
I'll check it out and see how it works with Windows 8.

Thanks!

UPDATE:
This is a nice application, works just the way I want it to.
The only thing missing is hardware acceleration to make it a bit smoother but otherwise it's excellent.

Thanks again!
Tags
galaxy 10.1, remote desktop, splashtop