[Kernel][AOSP] BasicKernel 01/31

Search This thread

kejar31

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 24, 2010
Okay.. Most of you people know who I am.. and if you know me you know I am not much of a kernel dev :p ... Regardless, I love AOSP but while running CM10.1, I felt I was missing some things that were more readily available for a Stock ROM.. Things such as (unofficial)Voodoo sound, Overclocking and Undervolting.. So I went ahead and forked CM's kernel and added a few needed things.

Notes:

Thie kernel is for AOSP only!

This kernel include's codeworkx's downgrade to mali r2p4 commit from CM's gerrit.. In this commit codeworkx specifically states that there is a memory leak. Now I will also say this.. This downgrade greatly improves the graphical glitches found in the android 4.2 ROMS, IE no more keyboard funkyness etc... I have yet to see this leak myself and think the trade-off is worth it. If this causes serious issues for people let me know.

Features:

Unofficial Voodoo sound driver (otherwise this has not been reviewed and approved by Supercurio)
OverClock up to 1.8 Ghz
CPU Undervolting
Downgrade to mali r2p4 which fixed graphic glitches

Downloads:

Kernel source - https://github.com/kejar31/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412

i605 (VZW) - http://androidhosting.org/Devs/kejar31/BasicKernel-i605-A4.zip
i900 (SPR) - http://androidhosting.org/Devs/kejar31/BasicKernel-i900-A4.zip

Credit:

gokhanmoral
codeworkx
sbrissen
CyanogenMod
supercurio
Tk-Glitch

Last edited:

bjrmd

Feb 13, 2006
Thanks
Is this compatible with Stweaks for tuning issues?
Is the voodoo like sound a port of "scooby do" code?

kejar31

May 24, 2010
Thanks
Is this compatible with Stweaks for tuning issues?
Is the voodoo like sound a port of "scooby do" code?

no this is not compatable with stweaks nor is is Scoobydoo sound.. It does work with the voodoo sound app though.. I will say this again.. This has not been tested nor approved by SuperCurio so he could very well block the download from the app store which is in his right to do. Regardless I am sure he will eventually release proper support for Voodoo in the near future and when he does I will add it.

Last edited:

Hero_is_Over

Nov 5, 2012
no this is not compatable with stweaks nor is is Scoobydoo sound.. It does work with the voodoo sound app though.. I will say this again.. This has not been tested nor approved by SuperCurio so he could very well block the download from the app store which is in his right to do. Regardless I am sure he will eventually release proper support for Voodoo in the near future and when he does I will add it.

This kernel works just fine by my testing and I would like to send my thanks over to you. All I care about is speed, fidelity, and battery life and I have only noticed an increase in each of those fields. Soon I will work with you on this and push some helpful commits!

kejar31

May 24, 2010
This kernel works just fine by my testing and I would like to send my thanks over to you. All I care about is speed, fidelity, and battery life and I have only noticed an increase in each of those fields. Soon I will work with you on this and push some helpful commits!

Awesome sauce :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

halorin

Aug 9, 2007
Definitely can tell a difference in speed and fluidity with this kernel. Thanks for putting this out. No problems so far with the latest Paranoid Android ROM.

Paiyne

Mar 4, 2009
Arlington, Tx
Loving this kernel...and haven't been able to use voodoo sound since the OG Epic....thanks for the contribution!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

123SIT

Oct 4, 2007
Greenville, NC
Loving this kernel but unfortunately I have seen the aforementioned memory leak. First time earlier today Tasker complained of low memory. Been running Tasker for a while and never have I had it complain until I flashed kernel. Second time was later today when I noticed I only had ~200 mb of ram free and hasn't used my phone in hours. I have a widget on homescreen with system stats so it's hard to miss. Liking the OC/UC ability and voodoo though. Thanks again.

Swyped from my CM10.1 R950

T

TheWzrd

I am enjoying this kernel with cm10.1 nightly 1/31

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359845193986.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359845193986.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 776
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359845218586.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359845218586.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 764

Jake33108

Jul 1, 2011
Detroit
Same, running with the latest CM nightly. My performance has been great and my battery life is even a little better thanks to under-volting. Development for this phone has really started to explode in 2013, very happy with my choice to buy a note 2. Nice work on this kernel!

Blankrubber

Nov 15, 2010
TN
This didnt work for me on PAC rom. Did I do something wrong or is this ffor CM nightlies only? I used the Sprint version, btw =).

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
This didnt work for me on PAC rom. Did I do something wrong or is this ffor CM nightlies only? I used the Sprint version, btw =).

Pacman is 4.1.2 and this kernel is for 4.2.1 this is a newer version and will probably not work on older 4.1 ROMs ....
If you like pacman try out root box its better imo ....

Reactions: Blankrubber

Blankrubber

Nov 15, 2010
TN
Pacman is 4.1.2 and this kernel is for 4.2.1 this is a newer version and will probably not work on older 4.1 ROMs ....

Obviously I need to follow development more closely, huh? Thanks for the advice!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay.. Most of you people know who I am.. and if you know me you know I am not much of a kernel dev :p ... Regardless, I love AOSP but while running CM10.1, I felt I was missing some things that were more readily available for a Stock ROM.. Things such as (unofficial)Voodoo sound, Overclocking and Undervolting.. So I went ahead and forked CM's kernel and added a few needed things.

Notes:

Thie kernel is for AOSP only!

This kernel include's codeworkx's downgrade to mali r2p4 commit from CM's gerrit.. In this commit codeworkx specifically states that there is a memory leak. Now I will also say this.. This downgrade greatly improves the graphical glitches found in the android 4.2 ROMS, IE no more keyboard funkyness etc... I have yet to see this leak myself and think the trade-off is worth it. If this causes serious issues for people let me know.

Features:

Unofficial Voodoo sound driver (otherwise this has not been reviewed and approved by Supercurio)
    OverClock up to 1.8 Ghz
    CPU Undervolting
    Downgrade to mali r2p4 which fixed graphic glitches

Downloads:

Kernel source - https://github.com/kejar31/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412

i605 (VZW) - http://androidhosting.org/Devs/kejar31/BasicKernel-i605-A4.zip
    i900 (SPR) - http://androidhosting.org/Devs/kejar31/BasicKernel-i900-A4.zip

Credit:

gokhanmoral
    codeworkx
    sbrissen
    CyanogenMod
    supercurio
    Tk-Glitch
    I have it (1/31-A4) PM me and thank me. :angel:
    Hello does anyone have a mirror to this kernel download im getting an error going through the link and the website provided. Thanks in advance
    Go to r.wilco's kernel thread in Android Development, it's the only kernel link under AOSP.