5,600,612 Members 32,983 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Case for a normal person.

Tip us?

vcrp94
Old
(Last edited by vcrp94; 28th December 2012 at 06:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeedoo View Post
True. Thank you both for your input. They are a little different, but I'm not too worried about it. If you wouldn't mind putting some pictures up, I'd really appreciate it!
http://imageshack.us/g/1/9936785/

Here you go, i'm sorry about the picture's quality as i don't have a dedicated camera around..

It is worth mentioning my phone is the international One X.
Look!! A potato! --------------->

Black HTC One!

Previous Android phone: HTC One X, Galaxy S3 , LG Optimus 2X, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i and Samsung Galaxy Spica.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vcrp94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KungPow90
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Looks pretty good! Was it a tight fit or it it just slide on it?

Sent from the best d*** phone I've ever used
Devices:

HTC Aria, CM9 - S-OFF Screen Cracked
HTC OneXL, CM 11 - S-OFF
Google Nexus 10, OmniROM

COMING SOON:
HTC One M8

954wrecker
Old
(Last edited by 954wrecker; 27th December 2012 at 08:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 390
VCRP94 you may want to edit the post with pics and mention it is the quad core version of the one x and not our one xl just in case.
It looks like they made all the cutouts extra big the only one that looks really close is the camera lens and flash cutout

Sent from my HTC One XL

vcrp94
Old
(Last edited by vcrp94; 28th December 2012 at 06:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungPow90 View Post
Looks pretty good! Was it a tight fit or it it just slide on it?

Sent from the best d*** phone I've ever used
It is a kind of a tight fit, i put the bottom of the phone first then apply pressure on the top corners and there it goes and overall it feels very, very sturdy in the hand and also very tight, it is impossible for the phone to get out of the case without you taking it off.

A funny thing that hapenned was a girl i know asked me if i wasn't afraid of having my phone without a case to protect it while i actually had this case on the phone, it just looks very good on the phone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954wrecker View Post
VCRP94 you may want to edit the post with pics and mention it is the quad core version of the one x and not our one xl just in case.
It looks like they made all the cutouts extra big the only one that looks really close is the camera lens and flash cutout

Sent from my HTC One XL
Yeah the cutouts are big and for that particular reason i never have to take the phone out of the case to charge or listen to music, it is ample enough for a wide charger or a wide headphone jack. You can also take out the SIM card without taking the case off.

Black HTC One!

Previous Android phone: HTC One X, Galaxy S3 , LG Optimus 2X, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i and Samsung Galaxy Spica.

chinaman_chong
Old
(Last edited by chinaman_chong; 29th December 2012 at 03:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
The absolute best cases are the cases that are hybrids, silicone inner, and hard plastic outer. at least for protection wise. the soft silicone protects the phone from bumps and shocks, while the plastic still gives it a hard shell that will dissipate the force of a drop.
With that mentioned, the negatives to these cases is that they add a bit of bulk to the phone.

Which, to me, I dont drop many things so Id rather have my phone stay small and sleek. Which is why I have decided to use TPU cases. While still keeping the case small, and still having some shock absorption like a silicone case, but without the flex and tackiness.

I have tried a few cases off ebay now, and the TPU ones are definitely my favorite so far. The last two cases i tried were the "S line"case and another tpu case that has a big X on the back made from negative space. As far as quality goes, the S line case wasnt that great. but the other one, the X case, which is the one I'm using now, I really love it. It is well made, smooth edges everywhere, and since it is a clear grey color the details of the phone still show through it, unlike many other cases that completely block off all details. and for $3 shipped, I wont be complaining!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170926876493...84.m1439.l2649
I like to modify my body, my car, and now my phone

vcrp94
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman_chong View Post
The absolute best cases are the cases that are hybrids, silicone inner, and hard plastic outer. at least for protection wise. the soft silicone protects the phone from bumps and shocks, while the plastic still gives it a hard shell that will dissipate the force of a drop.
With that mentioned, the negatives to these cases is that they add a bit of bulk to the phone.

Which, to me, I dont drop many things so Id rather have my phone stay small and sleek. Which is why I have decided to use TPU cases. While still keeping the case small, and still having some shock absorption like a silicone case, but without the flex and tackiness.

I have tried a few cases off ebay now, and the TPU ones are definitely my favorite so far. The last two cases i tried were the "S line"case and another tpu case that has a big X on the back made from negative space. As far as quality goes, the S line case wasnt that great. but the other one, the X case, which is the one I'm using now, I really love it. It is well made, smooth edges everywhere, and since it is a clear grey color the details of the phone still show through it, unlike many other cases that completely block off all details. and for $3 shipped, I wont be complaining!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170926876493...84.m1439.l2649
This is a different kind of hybrid, the hard back blends with the TPU part seamlessly, it is the thinnest case i have used on my HOX!

Black HTC One!

nickeedoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Hey guys, I went to AT&T's website and got the red Speck case they sell on there, even though Speck customer service says they have no cases for the AT&T One X. Anyways, here are some shots of the Speck Candyshell on my AT&T One X.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0415.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	1693558   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0416.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	1693559   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0418.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	1693560   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0421.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	1693561  
G1(3), G2, Inspire 4G, One X, Galaxy S 3, Nokia Lumia 900 (We all go through a stupid phase), Galaxy S4, LG G2