XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM10 development for Kindle Fire HD 8.9"

Tip us?

arda99
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FroyoShark View Post
I got it to build finally, however after running all of the adb commands (I'm at the first fastboot command) my device is stuck in "Kindle Fire System Recovery". I tried unplugging it and powering it off, but running fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product and plugging the device in will not boot into fastboot mode, just goes back into recovery. ADB does not work either. Anyone know how to fix this?
what's the version of adb and fastboot? did you try the binaries from amazon sdk?

FroyoShark
Old
(Last edited by FroyoShark; 30th January 2013 at 03:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by arda99 View Post
what's the version of adb and fastboot? did you try the binaries from amazon sdk?
For Linux I used the latest adb and fastboot, and for Windows I used the ones with the KFHD System.img Recovery Tool, which worked just fine for me in the past.
Where do I find those binaries?

EDIT: Found the drivers, and installed them with the SDK manager. Still not working.
EDIT 2: Found a zip file with an exe file that also had the drivers, still not working.
EDIT 3: It's showing up as "Jem-PVT-Prod-04" in my Device Manager.
EDIT 4: When I try to install the Amazon drivers for "Jem-PVT-Prod-04", it says the installation was successful, however when I restart my device it shows that there is no driver installed for it.
Phones:
LG G2 | ROM: Madhi (2/16/14)
Nexus 5 (Sold)
EVO 4G LTE | ROM: Omni ROM 4.4.2
EVO V 4G (Sold)
Motorola Triumph (In the process of fixing)
LG Optimus V (Sold)

Tablets:
Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (Sold)
Kindle Fire 1 (Sold)

siruba
Old
Thanks Meter 0
@Hashcode, would you consider releasing a current snapshot of your work (albeit still a work in progress)?

I am guessing a lot of us (and that include myself) want to start working on the dev and it would be great if we can start with the work that you have already done with great result, and thus we don't have to go through everything that is done again.

Thanks in advance.

mtm88001
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacka-vt View Post
You need to give the file you're pulling a name. Verygreen omitted this key item in the OP -must have been an oversight. The command is incomplete.
It helps to name them what they are so that you know which ones to flash when you want to restore. For example mmcblk0p9 = recovery.img mmcblk0p10 = boot.img and mmcblk0p11 = system.img

The commands should be:

Code:
adb pull /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 recovery.img 
adb pull /dev/block/mmcblk0p10 boot.img
adb pull /dev/block/mmcblk0p11 system.img
Thanks

persano
Old
Thanks Meter 235
give me a 8.9 build.prop from amazon please, so you can use my tweaks until a good cyanogen mod rom get released and then i will port my tweaks to that rom

timnan
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Re: CM10 development for Kindle Fire HD 8.9"

Below is what Hashcode said 1 hour ago in other thread.

I have CM10.1 booting on the KFHD8.9. I'm re-writing the userspace audio driver from scratch (not done) and the HD codecs/camera functions need tweaks. Working Display, Wifi, BT, Sensors, etc. It's running a 3.0.50 kernel based on TI's latest OMAP4 kernel release. It's fully enhanced with blitsville drivers and brand new PowerVR graphics drivers released only a few days ago.
Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to timnan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Born2BeMild
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Re: CM10 development for Kindle Fire HD 8.9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by siruba View Post
@Hashcode, would you consider releasing a current snapshot of your work (albeit still a work in progress)?

I am guessing a lot of us (and that include myself) want to start working on the dev and it would be great if we can start with the work that you have already done with great result, and thus we don't have to go through everything that is done again.

Thanks in advance.
Wouldn't mind being a beta tester myself.

Sent from my KFJWI

siruba
Old
(Last edited by siruba; 31st January 2013 at 06:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks timnan for pointing it out. I have found the manifest in the same thread.

btw, I sure hope that devs and testers won't be put off by that great IT company pitching there. Fellows are doing great job for the whole scene even with just alpha releases, that's the whole point of GPL.

JuannTwo3
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I've just been monitoring hashcode's github for the past few days. Even though it may seem like he's dropped the project on here, you can see that he is indeed working on the KF8.9 a lot in the past few days. Can't wait for everything to be ironed off and ready to flash!
The Following User Says Thank You to JuannTwo3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hashcode
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 19537

DONATE TO ME
I've decided to release my current 2nd-bootloader setup + CM10.1 ROM even though the audio is not working yet.

You can find all of the information in these 2 threads:

2nd-bootloader install for coming from Amazon stock OS:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2128175

CM10.1 ROM for install in custom recovery:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2128201

Enjoy and please read through the OP's before starting the installs.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cm10 rom development