Nexus 10 - [Android 4.4.2] - Omni Nightlies
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 - [Android 4.3] - my own xKat ROM
"My small Projects"

monkeyhybrid
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQ8 View Post
hi guys..went thru the thread seems no one is having random FCs problems..

did all the wipes..flashed everything as usual, whole procedure repeated three times but no luck..

am I missing something here??
Just to check, are you running recommended CWM version? Wiped all partitions before flashing CM10.1? Installed the gapps version listed in OP?

Is it force closing with just the standard apps running, before you install any of your own choosing?
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510 (p4wifi) - CyanogenMod 10.1 nightlies
  • HTC Desire (bravo) - CyanogenMod 7.2.0.1 stable

TabGuy
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by decatf View Post
FM Support was added to CyanogenMod. https://plus.google.com/+CyanogenMod/posts/hfX9jRUi7CL

Does the device in the Galaxy Tab 10.1 support FM?

I saw that in the mod specs also. However, FM on an Android device is a hardware feature, not a streaming solution. (Unless you get an app like iheartradio.) So the inclusion of FM in CM 10.1 nightlies is only for phones that have this feature included. I don't believe the Tab has FM radio circuitry included.

JayQ8
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: [ROM][P75xx][JB][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly Discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhybrid View Post
Just to check, are you running recommended CWM version? Wiped all partitions before flashing CM10.1? Installed the gapps version listed in OP?

Is it force closing with just the standard apps running, before you install any of your own choosing?
yup all downloads from OP..stock apps are force closing including touchwiz, tab wasnt usuable at all.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

nakedninja42
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 698

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQ8 View Post
yup all downloads from OP..stock apps are force closing including touchwiz, tab wasnt usuable at all.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2
Are you restoring system apps? Touchwiz is not compatible with AOSP ROMS (e.g. CM, AOKP). It requires Touchwiz frame work which is mostly closed source so it will not work with AOSP.
Phone: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 with ART

Tablet: Nexus 7 stock 4.4

Wife: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 / Kindle Fire otter CM 10.1.3 4.2.2

Old: HTC Pure; Samsung SGH-I897; Samsung GT-P7510; Samsung SGH-I777

nakedninja42
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 698

DONATE TO ME
Shouldn't be restoring any system apps if you are using a back up program like Titanium Backup. Especially if the system apps come from a previous build like going from Honeycomb to ICS or even incremental builds released between each OS version.
Phone: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 with ART

Tablet: Nexus 7 stock 4.4

Wife: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 / Kindle Fire otter CM 10.1.3 4.2.2

Old: HTC Pure; Samsung SGH-I897; Samsung GT-P7510; Samsung SGH-I777

gokpog
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhybrid View Post
Yeah, I am seeing this too. The app works fine but once you return to it after it has been in the background the 'now playing' view is missing the album art and the progress bar isn't moving, as you describe. If you leave it on that view for long enough (1 or 2 minutes) it does eventually come back to life though. Very annoying, especially as it is one of the main things I use the tab for.

If you find a fix could you please post back here?
Just a quick follow up, last nightly 20130201 fixes the Play Music problem.

monkeyhybrid
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokpog View Post
Just a quick follow up, last nightly 20130201 fixes the Play Music problem.
I'd just logged on to say the same thing, lol. I noticed my Play Music app updated yesterday so I just tried it out and it seems to be behaving well. I wasn't sure if if was down to the app update or the newer CM10.1 nightly - either way, I'm happy.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

I have to say, I really feel CM10.1 on the Tab is absolutely fantastic now. Super smooth for most things, especially considering it's not exactly modern hardware any more, and it has been rock solid stable for me too. Along with Android 4.2's multi-user capabilities (best new feature for me over 4.1 and earlier), CM10.1 makes my Tab feel like a new machine.

Many thanks to pershoot, nakedninja42 and everyone involved in bringing us these CM builds for the Tab!
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510 (p4wifi) - CyanogenMod 10.1 nightlies
  • HTC Desire (bravo) - CyanogenMod 7.2.0.1 stable

dsafety
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
For everyone that did not do a full wipe to flash the new gapps. The gallery2.apk is part of the ROM and was previously removed with the old gapps. The new one does not wipe out the camera, just uses the stock version. Since it was purged, you'll need to do a full wipe to get it back. Here is the original apk for those who just want to push it to /system/app and give it the permissions required.

If you still have artifacts using this apk, you need to wipe!
Just installed the correct gapps, (without wiping to save having to reinstall everything). I am trying to get the camera working again but do not fully understand the process. I have the gallery2 zip file downloaded to my tab. Now what?

pershoot
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3734
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
Just installed the correct gapps, (without wiping to save having to reinstall everything). I am trying to get the camera working again but do not fully understand the process. I have the gallery2 zip file downloaded to my tab. Now what?
do this:
boot CWM
format /system
reflash rom
flash wingray gapps contained in the first post
clear cache.
reboot.

done.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pershoot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.2.1, cm10.1, jellybean, p4 p4wifi p4tmo p4vzw