5,815,022 Members 37,738 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] A Cautious and Hopeful Noob

Tip us?

Rumblur
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
In the last 24 hours I went from bonestock 2.3.4, to 2.3.3 to S-OFF to full root, to SRZ to IC Tazz, with CWM. Then TWRP went on and ViperINC went on... THEN I really lost my mind and put the 320 radio on it. Noob to Addict in 24 hours.

See what you guys created? You gotta be careful giving out all this information!

While I have your attention, and being I dont have enough posts to comment in the 'dev' area, if I should go back to SRZ or ICT, am I going to have to flash the radio? I looked ALL over and can not find a single working radio link. For what it's worth - I saw no gain from the 622 (GB) radio to the 320 (ICS) db wise.

gtdtm
Old
Thanks Meter 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumblur View Post
In the last 24 hours I went from bonestock 2.3.4, to 2.3.3 to S-OFF to full root, to SRZ to IC Tazz, with CWM. Then TWRP went on and ViperINC went on... THEN I really lost my mind and put the 320 radio on it. Noob to Addict in 24 hours.

See what you guys created? You gotta be careful giving out all this information!

While I have your attention, and being I dont have enough posts to comment in the 'dev' area, if I should go back to SRZ or ICT, am I going to have to flash the radio? I looked ALL over and can not find a single working radio link. For what it's worth - I saw no gain from the 622 (GB) radio to the 320 (ICS) db wise.
You shouldn't need to change radios.

Rumblur
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdtm View Post
You shouldn't need to change radios.
On the ViperINC thread (the ROM), they had the radio listed right below it. Being the radio in my phone was several generations old (622) and my reception SUCKS, and (and and and..) I never flashed a radio before and I was feeling confident with my new found toys.... I went ahead and flashed it.

I reactivated the phone today, and can say the reception is not any better in the areas I usually use it. I guess it's just the flaw of the Dinc2.

gtdtm
Old
Thanks Meter 259
Quote:
On the ViperINC thread (the ROM), they had the radio listed right below it. Being the radio in my phone was several generations old (622) and my reception SUCKS, and (and and and..) I never flashed a radio before and I was feeling confident with my new found toys.... I went ahead and flashed it.

I reactivated the phone today, and can say the reception is not any better in the areas I usually use it. I guess it's just the flaw of the Dinc2.
I meant you shouldn't have to change it back. Sorry for the confusion.

Rumblur
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks for the clear up. What about the 320 radio being ICS based? SRZ is GB based, for example... last thing I want to do is brick my phone. Today I found a possible crippling flaw in the Venom ROM - the voice doesnt work on Google Maps. I use that app a lot, so I may have to revert to GB for now.

brymaster5000
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,469

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Q] A Cautious and Hopeful Noob

Quote:
Thanks for the clear up. What about the 320 radio being ICS based? SRZ is GB based, for example... last thing I want to do is brick my phone. Today I found a possible crippling flaw in the Venom ROM - the voice doesnt work on Google Maps. I use that app a lot, so I may have to revert to GB for now.
The radio works fine on all versions of android.

Sent from my Nitsy CM7.

Rumblur
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Is the "radio" only for the phone (calls) or does it also do the GPS? Since I loaded ViperINC, my GPS does not work.

jeremytn86
Old
Thanks Meter 149

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Q] A Cautious and Hopeful Noob

Quote:
Is the "radio" only for the phone (calls) or does it also do the GPS? Since I loaded ViperINC, my GPS does not work.
try the patch, the thread for it is in the dev section, fishing the radio should not have affected it, and radios have nothing to do with the version of android, its seperate, a firmware...

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app