5,599,337 Members 38,195 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[LINUX] [MAC OSX] Universal Nexus Linux Toolkit v2.3.0 (Unlock, Root, CWM, Factory)

Tip us?

Tesla67
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Re: [LINUX] Universal Nexus Linux Toolkit v2.1.0 (Unlock, Lock, Root, CWM, Factory Re

Does not work using stock recovery there is no install from SD selection. So if I flash cwm am I going to lose everything? Or am I missing something?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

gnustomp
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Default Re: [LINUX] Universal Nexus Linux Toolkit v2.1.0 (Unlock, Lock, Root, CWM, Factory Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla67 View Post
Does not work using stock recovery there is no install from SD selection. So if I flash cwm am I going to lose everything? Or am I missing something?

Obviously. Flash a custom recovery. You won't lose anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
The Following User Says Thank You to gnustomp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tesla67
Old
Thanks Meter 5

Thanks! Just needed to know if I'd lose everything. I normally used to do it all at once, so I never did find out if rooting or flashing new recovery would wipe. Thanks!

ElTimablo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm trying this on SolusOS, which is Debian-based, and I can't flash the custom recovery. You say to download the latest version of the toolkit, but I already have it and it doesn't help. The toolkit acts like it's been flashed, but when I try to reboot to it to flash a rom, it's still the standard stock Android recovery.

toleranz48
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks. That was amazing! Very easy and helpful. The only problem i got was to boot into recovery. Thanks again for sharing your great work!

Grizzly420
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Just wanted to say i don't know why i had such a hard time finding something for Linux. I tried the windows toolkits and all failed and trying to find a tutorial on Linux and unrooting is difficult. I might have been just ignorant and not seeing them but i cant stand windows and wanted to unlock/flash stock image in Linux.

Your toolkit worked freaking awesome. I still would like the method to push all the files in the terminal to learn but i have been having such issues with my phone and been looking for something in linux for about 3 hrs and fell into this. THANK YOU SO MUCH I was really about to go insane.

If anyone knows of a tutorial on how to do this manually i would really appreciate it. The more i use the terminal and get use to it the better. Not taking anything away from the dev on this it work FLAWLESSLY again thank you my family can now come back home LOL.

Did notice the command

sudo bash ./unltlauncher.sh wasn't the same as the downloaded file

so i had to change it to sudo bash ./unltlauncher100.sh but that was it.

Again thank you

duzy.kucyk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla67 View Post
Heyyy I was wondering if it is only unlocking that caused the requirement of a factory reset. I already unlocked mine and had to reset and don't feel like having to download nova again -.- so....... am I going to have to reset if I root or is it only with unlocking?
Only unlocking causes data wipe / factory reset. Rooting or flashing recovery won't wipe your data.

pyrofool
Old
(Last edited by pyrofool; 5th June 2013 at 04:03 AM.) Reason: missing file
Thanks Meter 0
Default Added support for TWRP

I wanted support for TWRP so I added it in for all the devices. I only tried the toro one but all others should work unless there are typos. I changed references to CW recovery to just recovery in the options menues too.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11151347/unlt.sh

melp57
Old
Thanks Meter 30
If I use this to lock bootloader and flash stock ROM, will the rack that I have flashed newer radios matter? Thanks.
Nexus7 [wifi]
[ROM]
Kernel: Stock

tatelucas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 296

DONATE TO ME
Added MAC OSX compatibility!!!
tatelucas
Developer from Buenos Aires, Argentina

Buy me a coffee if you found useful my work!

Tags
maguro, mako, manta, nexus, root