5,596,637 Members 42,660 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Adonit Jot Pro Stylus compatibility with Samsung GT 7.7.

Tip us?

Manipur
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Default Adonit Jot Pro Stylus compatibility with Samsung GT 7.7.

I have been thinking of ordering an Adonit Jot Pro stylus for the Samsung 7.7. I asked the vendor in ebay about it's compatibility with the samsung 7.7 and I was informed it is not compatible.
Has anyone ordered the Jot pro? If so, It'll be really good if someone could write a review on the performance of jot pro on the 7.7. Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manipur For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VortX
Old
Thanks Meter 5
From Adonit webiste:

Quote:
Compatible with all capacitive touch screens: iPads, iPhones, MacBook Trackpads, Magic Trackpads, HTC, Samsung, Nokia, Motorola, Blackberry.
This answers your question. So this will even work with any capacitive-screen phone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VortX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uncle_buckman
Old
(Last edited by uncle_buckman; 26th March 2012 at 06:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
http://youtu.be/E-untpEM9mo

I read a blog review of this stylus and they mentioned that it didn't work well with certain screen protectors.

I'm going to order one later I think, thanks for the heads up

Edit - maybe not, just read some Amazon reviews...

adinis78
Old
Thanks Meter 52
They look silly with the suck cup like thing on the tip we need ics to hopefully be able to use a regular pen like stylus

Using Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800
Old: G1, Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant; Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000

Current: Samsung Galaxy Tab P6800

ian.ryan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
just bought a jot today
it is not working well with my 7.7
i don't think it's the matter of the screen protector
have to tap real hard for one successful response, which makes annoying tapping sound
i have dagi P507 and P301, both work quite well instead

Manipur
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
I got my jot pro today. It took 13 days to reach me. Quite a long wait. But it was worth it. The moment I received it, I tried it with Supernote. It works flawlessly. Only regret is the lack of palm detection.

I also tried it with TabNotes pro. Works even better. There was no noticeable lag in the input, and I'd rate the precision of this stylus at 8/10, which I'd say is pretty impressive.
For everyone's info I've installed touch screen tune. Haven't tried without it. Will uninstall touch screen tune and post the difference.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

TonyBigs
Old
Thanks Meter 66
I guess the digitizer would make the tablet thicker but nothing betters a WACOM -- it just works. No clicking, is pressure sensitive, has eraser function and on and on.

aridoasis
Old
Thanks Meter 12
i got my jot pro a few days ago and had a blast with it. and while it's not pin-point accurate, it's miles better than any 'usual' stylus I've tried. works great with the super note app and sketchbook pro.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

trustme_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
any more reviews for this ? very interested in it but im afraid it dont work as well.

dcoke
Old
Thanks Meter 5
without a screen protector and just bare glass, I recommend this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A30XRGG45X0IFD

Given the screens highly sensitive nature I don't think you have to worry about scratching it with the metal ring, since you won't have to press that hard. It also has a smaller tip that provides greater accuracy even though this device can recognize capacitive objects as small as ~2.5mm^2 (I've tested it).

The mesh allows it to glide without any real issue, plus adds a great deal of durability since it won't wear out like foam or rubber tipped ones.