Fast and stable rom?

Search This thread

Ansem

Sep 23, 2010
HI,i search for a stable and possibly fast rom. It's no important for me the android version, i prefer a fast old version the a slower but newer.
Someone can tell me some good rom? i don't search the best,i know that there isn't the best rom, i need only a CM7/9/10 fast and stable,beacause Now with the CM9 by tytuning i have a lot of problem :(

Kameirus

Feb 5, 2010
Akron Ohio
HI,i search for a stable and possibly fast rom. It's no important for me the android version, i prefer a fast old version the a slower but newer.
Someone can tell me some good rom? i don't search the best,i know that there isn't the best rom, i need only a CM7/9/10 fast and stable,beacause Now with the CM9 by tytuning i have a lot of problem :(

stop posting this damn whats the best rom crap
everything you just posted has been asked and answered many many times

learn to search or sign out of XDA and dont return

dohcvtec

Nov 2, 2011
Massachusetts

Well it depends what exactly you want. For example you can try this one:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1316632
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1256423
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1434860

I tried these roms and I am happy with them. Works fast, didn't have any problems with anything. I just give you example of a roms which you can try.

Ansem

Sep 23, 2010
Well it depends what exactly you want. For example you can try this one:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1316632
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1256423
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1434860

I tried these roms and I am happy with them. Works fast, didn't have any problems with anything. I just give you example of a roms which you can try.
with the third i have a lot of problem: system crash every time that i install an app,and sometime i lost the data of the app.

I preferi the cm's rom beacause for my experience all sense roms are a lot slower than cm :(

Marvlesz

Jun 28, 2010
Saudi Arabia
with the third i have a lot of problem: system crash every time that i install an app,and sometime i lost the data of the app.

I preferi the cm's rom beacause for my experience all sense roms are a lot slower than cm :(

EXACTLY!!

You see! He tried recommending you the best and most stable 3 roms of all from his opinion, yet you liked NONE of them. Your "preferences" are different from everyone else's. He likes sense, you don't. He didn't have crashes on tytung's ics, you did. He thinks Sense is fancy and wonderful, you think it's slow and buggy.

It was your fault for making this thread in the first place. That's why the "best rom", "most stable", "fastest rom" ... etc threads are despised and hated.

I suggest you read Kameirus's post and you will understand what I mean. (if you haven't already).

Last edited:

Ansem

Sep 23, 2010
EXACTLY!!

You see! He tried recommending you the best and most stable 3 roms of all from his opinion, yet you liked NONE of them. Your "preferences" are different from everyone else's. He likes sense, you don't. He didn't have crashes on tytung's ics, you did. He thinks Sense is fancy and wonderful, you think it's slow and buggy.

It was your fault for making this thread in the first place. That's why the "best rom", "most stable", "fastest rom" ... etc threads are despised and hated.

I suggest you read Kameirus's post and you will understand what I mean. (if you haven't already).
the problem is that i don't have many time,so i can't try every rom in this forum. So i must ask and try only the rom that has been considered the best :/
i know all you said,but not all have the time and knowledge to understand what's the best rom only reading the first post of every rom

Marvlesz

Jun 28, 2010
Saudi Arabia
the problem is that i don't have many time,so i can't try every rom in this forum. So i must ask and try only the rom that has been considered the best :/
i know all you said,but not all have the time and knowledge to understand what's the best rom only reading the first post of every rom

Then stick to windows mobile.

Reactions: Kameirus

Nigeldg

Feb 25, 2011
Hey, what's the best colour?
What's the best food?
What's the best phone?
What's the best song?
What's the best movie?
What's the best car?

OH WAIT, YOU CAN'T ANSWER BECAUSE IT'S AN OPINION BASED QUESTION!

Seriously, I'm getting really tired of these best ROM threads. There is no correct answer, and yet you people still create them. All that happens is that they're closed by a mod or they turn into 10 post spam threads where new users open old threads to post questions in the dev forums. If you just wanted the ROM most people use then why not look at the thread view count and post count?

To quote PG101 (I think) 'coming to XDA and asking for the best ROM is like going into a bar full of drunks and asking what's the best drink'.

I wouldn't have posted this if you had admitted in post #6 that you're wrong through Marvlesz and Kameirus's pure logic, but you've somehow tried to justify posting an idiotic question which is quite annoying.

Ever-Never

Feb 4, 2013
HeNan PingDingShan

you can use this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1256423

Con500

Oct 14, 2010
What's the best food?
What's the best phone?
What's the best song?
What's the best movie?
What's the best car?

Seriously, I'm getting really tired of these best ROM threads. There is no correct answer, and yet you people still create them. All that happens is that they're closed by a mod or they turn into 10 post spam threads where new users open old threads to post questions in the dev forums. If you just wanted the ROM most people use then why not look at the thread view count and post count?

To quote PG101 (I think) 'coming to XDA and asking for the best ROM is like going into a bar full of drunks and asking what's the best drink'.

I wouldn't have posted this if you had admitted in post #6 that you're wrong through Marvlesz and Kameirus's pure logic, but you've somehow tried to justify posting an idiotic question which is quite annoying.

Isnt this an Android Q&A forum. Why is everyone so neurotic about these "best rom" threads? There is a avalanche of information on xda...This i agree...however its very easy to get completely blindsighted by the sheer volume of threads and the "best rom, most stable" etc, are usually shot down very soon after the question is asked.
If one cant offer any guidence or if one gets frustrated by these threads then why click on the thread and why take time to respond negitively instead of just skimming past and ignoring the thread?

I get that it becomes tiresome for seasoned members here to see these threads but please can we not just assume that the posters are just being "Lazy". Its also worth note that is increasingly difficult for new users to post here for fear of upsetting others with their (mostly well intentioned) ill thought out questions..

XDA is such a great source of knowledge and resource and i agree one needs to take the time to read, read and read some more sometimes though we can get lost and sometime are just asking to be pointed in a direction that has benefited others. Ie' a rom thread where the reading will begin b4 flashing

Flashing for the 1st time can be tricky as their is a lot to take in and one can be nervous of the procedure, and if too many of us take it apon ouselves to be the forum police then the the prospect becomes slightly less appealing.

Sorry i dont mean to offend anyone by sounding off but i too am new to much of the flashing roms, and also am guilty of comming to these threads in the hope of finding a majority of agreement on a particular rom. I do understand that it is subjective and one does not fit all. However it can give confidence to new flashees :) if experienced users can offer recomendations which have been offered here above, which i personally an very greatfull for.
Sometimes we are but sheep and will follow where led.:p

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

Reactions: whpsnp

Kameirus

Feb 5, 2010
Akron Ohio
Isnt this an Android Q&A forum. Why is everyone so neurotic about these "best rom" threads? There is a avalanche of information on xda...This i agree...however its very easy to get completely blindsighted by the sheer volume of threads and the "best rom, most stable" etc, are usually shot down very soon after the question is asked.
If one cant offer any guidence or if one gets frustrated by these threads then why click on the thread and why take time to respond negitively instead of just skimming past and ignoring the thread?

I get that it becomes tiresome for seasoned members here to see these threads but please can we not just assume that the posters are just being "Lazy". Its also worth note that is increasingly difficult for new users to post here for fear of upsetting others with their (mostly well intentioned) ill thought out questions..

XDA is such a great source of knowledge and resource and i agree one needs to take the time to read, read and read some more sometimes though we can get lost and sometime are just asking to be pointed in a direction that has benefited others. Ie' a rom thread where the reading will begin b4 flashing

Flashing for the 1st time can be tricky as their is a lot to take in and one can be nervous of the procedure, and if too many of us take it apon ouselves to be the forum police then the the prospect becomes slightly less appealing.

Sorry i dont mean to offend anyone by sounding off but i too am new to much of the flashing roms, and also am guilty of comming to these threads in the hope of finding a majority of agreement on a particular rom. I do understand that it is subjective and one does not fit all. However it can give confidence to new flashees :) if experienced users can offer recomendations which have been offered here above, which i personally an very greatfull for.
Sometimes we are but sheep and will follow where led.:p

see this is where you missed the whole point
theres like 50 whats the best rom thread ...and if someone is to lazy to search or read then they dont belong on XDA

Reactions: reds28heem

Con500

Oct 14, 2010
see this is where you missed the whole point
theres like 50 whats the best rom thread ...and if someone is to lazy to search or read then they dont belong on XDA

I do get it. But it doesnt mean it doesnt frustrate me to see the responses in these threads just as it frustrates those who are rattled by the thread even existing who feel the need to jump on and respond.
If it bugs you... you can leave it alone and move on OR you can let the OP know your frustration by refusing to answer the question and telling them to get off XDA. But surely its easier to ignore it?

It honest feels that the forum has become quite arrogant at times especially where "newbs" are concerned. And it can feel at times slightly Elitist (those that Can vs those who need help) with a disregard to anyone who doesnt know where to begin.

One post i read earlier told a FM to "get off the android forum and dont come back" :rolleyes: for asking a similar question... How is this helping and how is it got to the point where there are many 'thanks' thumbsup to this sort of response.
I doubt that OP would be back in a hurry but i guess if it stops them asking 'stupid' questions....Theres a pattern forming where some members here who have flashed successfully a few times then become part of this club that pretends to be irritated by 'best rom' threads and i assume it makes them feel superior by responding with negative feedback to ones who genuine are looking for just a point in the right direction. Why not just 'Not Respond' at all??
Its like pack mentality sometimes and thankfully it is a minority of members who are rattled and on the whole XDA is immensely helpful to newcomers who will learn the hard way to never ask "that" question :banghead:

Marvlesz

Jun 28, 2010
Saudi Arabia
We are members of this community, thus we have to do our best to make it better. We do this by telling people who post such threads about how wrong it is and the correct way of finding "the" rom. But it got out of hand, you can check that for yourself. Every other week, there is a thread asking the exact same thing, i.e "best rom, fastest, stable". Whereas it should be common sense that there is no best in subjective things as Nigel summed it.

Now the problem is that many people think xda is a support site. Here is a quote from a senior member that I couldn't agree more with:

He is simply one of these XDA n00bs who comes here with the false impression that XDA is tech support for their manufacturers device.

While it is true that you can find help on xda, that doesn't mean it is given on a silver platter. If you can't bother to help yourself, we can't bother to help you. Furthermore, finding a question that a 2-click search could've provided a more-than-satisfactory answer or finding a post that is almost the same as a two-rows-below post is rather very irritating.

... become part of this club that pretends to be irritated by 'best rom' threads and i assume it makes them feel superior by responding with negative feedback to ones who genuine are looking for just a point in the right direction. ...

That's impossible, if you're asking "what's the best rom", there is no way you're looking for a point in the right direction. Because basically there is no right direction. Some people even try to justify their stupid posts with even more stupid posts.

The HD2 has been out for about 4 years now. NO matter what your problem is, it has a 99% probability it has been asked AND answered before MULTIPLE times. Now if people can't bother to follow the very first rule of the forum rules, they don't deserve to be helped.

When they first registered on xda, they agreed to abide by the terms, rules and conditions. Now if you agree to abide by something and then break that thing, you take full responsibility and deserve everything you get for that breaking.

Last edited:

Nigeldg

Feb 25, 2011
Isnt this an Android Q&A forum

A common misconception, this is a development forum (hence XDA developers ;)). Other than this I don't really have anything to add to Marvlesz's post tbh. You have to understand that when I posted that there had been literally three similar threads in a row. When you're posting a thread search results for the same or similar title even come up, so there wasn't any excuse for this thread to have been created. There's a subtle line between not knowing and not trying, and this is the latter.

Con500

Oct 14, 2010
Ok so i am aware that my earlier post was ott on my part and can only apologize. Must have been posting through some red mist :eek: I admit i jumped in without thinking and was unduely judgemental. Sorry bout that :eek: Everyone here esp devs are doing such amazing work for our gadgets to perform at their peaks and i am immensely appreciative of that. I agree with the above that this is first a "Development" forum and can be misconceived by some (myself included :( ) as somewhere where the answers are uniform and one in the same. However i see this is not the case and opinions to questions such as "whats the best, fastest most stable" etc, are so diverse and if everyone were to give an opinion then i guess these threads would also just get messy and lengthy with NO satifactory conclusion.
Sorry Guys...Really Didnt mean to offend. However i can see how my wording may have done so :banghead:

My tail is well and truly behind my legs as i type this :eek:

Last edited:

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth

it hapen to everyone, even me, you just make a wrong installation! Learn, serach and test before post. No other way to know which the best are.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

stop posting this damn whats the best rom crap
everything you just posted has been asked and answered many many times

learn to search or sign out of XDA and dont return

I don't know why but I feel Guilty! ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Isnt this an Android Q&A forum

A common misconception, this is a development forum (hence XDA developers ;)). Other than this I don't really have anything to add to Marvlesz's post tbh. You have to understand that when I posted that there had been literally three similar threads in a row. When you're posting a thread search results for the same or similar title even come up, so there wasn't any excuse for this thread to have been created. There's a subtle line between not knowing and not trying, and this is the latter.
    We are members of this community, thus we have to do our best to make it better. We do this by telling people who post such threads about how wrong it is and the correct way of finding "the" rom. But it got out of hand, you can check that for yourself. Every other week, there is a thread asking the exact same thing, i.e "best rom, fastest, stable". Whereas it should be common sense that there is no best in subjective things as Nigel summed it.

Now the problem is that many people think xda is a support site. Here is a quote from a senior member that I couldn't agree more with:

He is simply one of these XDA n00bs who comes here with the false impression that XDA is tech support for their manufacturers device.

While it is true that you can find help on xda, that doesn't mean it is given on a silver platter. If you can't bother to help yourself, we can't bother to help you. Furthermore, finding a question that a 2-click search could've provided a more-than-satisfactory answer or finding a post that is almost the same as a two-rows-below post is rather very irritating.

... become part of this club that pretends to be irritated by 'best rom' threads and i assume it makes them feel superior by responding with negative feedback to ones who genuine are looking for just a point in the right direction. ...

That's impossible, if you're asking "what's the best rom", there is no way you're looking for a point in the right direction. Because basically there is no right direction. Some people even try to justify their stupid posts with even more stupid posts.

The HD2 has been out for about 4 years now. NO matter what your problem is, it has a 99% probability it has been asked AND answered before MULTIPLE times. Now if people can't bother to follow the very first rule of the forum rules, they don't deserve to be helped.

When they first registered on xda, they agreed to abide by the terms, rules and conditions. Now if you agree to abide by something and then break that thing, you take full responsibility and deserve everything you get for that breaking.

EXACTLY!!

What's the best food?
    What's the best phone?
    What's the best song?
    What's the best movie?
    What's the best car?

Ok so i am aware that my earlier post was ott on my part and can only apologize. Must have been posting through some red mist :eek: I admit i jumped in without thinking and was unduely judgemental. Sorry bout that :eek: Everyone here esp devs are doing such amazing work for our gadgets to perform at their peaks and i am immensely appreciative of that. I agree with the above that this is first a "Development" forum and can be misconceived by some (myself included :( ) as somewhere where the answers are uniform and one in the same. However i see this is not the case and opinions to questions such as "whats the best, fastest most stable" etc, are so diverse and if everyone were to give an opinion then i guess these threads would also just get messy and lengthy with NO satifactory conclusion.
    Sorry Guys...Really Didnt mean to offend. However i can see how my wording may have done so :banghead:

My tail is well and truly behind my legs as i type this :eek: