I think you don't need to install OMAP driver. I have been fixed my bricked device (KF HD 8.9) today.
How it became bricked.
I rooted it yesterday, than installed all Google apps and got strange issue in gapps framework. I started to delete some google apps and .odex files and my device stopped to boot correctly. It boots into recovery and recommend to reset to the factory mode. However this trick is not successful. So I have had boot logo looping.
How I fixed it.
I tried a lot of drivers and tricks to boot my KF into recovery. I even ordered the factory cable today on eBay, but I didn't want to wait about two weeks when it will be arrived to me. So I found working driver in Android SDK and Amazon Extension, like it described here: https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/fire/connect-adb.html
. Than I used Kindle FIre Utility to run fastboot and adb tools. Also I downloaded KFHD System.img Recovery Tool to download the latest system.img and flash it in fastboot mode.
1. Download ADB (and Fastboot) drivers
and install it (I used KindleDrivers.exe setup file)
2. Start downloading the KFHD System.img Recovery Tool
from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2011126
3. Download Kindle FIre Utility
from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1399889
4. Extract Kindle FIre Utility
and run cmd.exe with with working folder Kindle Fire Utility\tools
5. Run this command:
fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot-bootloader
(it will be wait while your device will be turned on in to fastboot)
6. Power off your device (hold power button more than 10s)
6. Connect your it to the PC
7. Power on it. And install drivers manually, choosing .inf file from the destination path where KindleSetup.exe was installed before. If you done steps above without mistakes, then fastboot.exe found your device during powering on for 0.5s approximately and switch it into bootloader mode (it means permanent fastboot in our case).
8. Now in fastboot mode it is possible to refllash some .img files. So extract downloaded earlier KFHD System.img Recovery Tool
and flash system.img using this command:
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash system <system.img>
9. When flashing will be finished you should erase userdata and cache using this commands:
fastboot -i 0x1949 erase cache
fastboot -i 0x1949 erase userdata
10. And then boot the device again in normal mode using this command:
fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot
Now can load KFHD 8.9 without errors and than using adb tool to do other tricks.