XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My HTC HD2 is going berserk

Tip us?

dertester123
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by vietnameseJames View Post
I have the same problem but it only happens in my music app. Could this be causedby a virus of some sort?
are you running android ics? In ics they changed the input slightly i heard, and maby its not ported correctly...

When using another music app or switching to generally other apps while music plays everything is okay?

I dont think its a virus or something, most of them want to spy or change userdata and not annoy you

grendizerus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I thought I had found the cause of my problem, but I can't confirm it, as this problem hasn't appeared since the middle of May, when I followed dertester12's advice to massage the screen on the corners!
But I noticed a spot in the middle of my touch screen where the "glass" seems to "touch" or to be glued to something underneath it. This spot is till here today, but despite of that, the problem is not occuring now. I'll try to attach photos of that.
So to sum it up, I'm still not sure about what caused the problem...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020426.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	1103097   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020427.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	1103098  

hengsheng120
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendizerus View Post
I thought I had found the cause of my problem, but I can't confirm it, as this problem hasn't appeared since the middle of May, when I followed dertester12's advice to massage the screen on the corners!
But I noticed a spot in the middle of my touch screen where the "glass" seems to "touch" or to be glued to something underneath it. This spot is till here today, but despite of that, the problem is not occuring now. I'll try to attach photos of that.
So to sum it up, I'm still not sure about what caused the problem...
Did you disassemble your screen before?

Sent from my T9193 using xda premium
Current Phone:
HTC First

Others:
SGH-I9100G

HTC HD2 TMOUS
BlackLK 1.5.0.4-build-130412@kotokas
AOKP M5 ICS se+Dorimanx v6.9 HWA
cLK Dual Boot: Hyperdroid 6.0.1 SuperRAM

History: HD2 EU- Artemis WM6.5/AmericanAndroid SD> Typhoon CM7(MAGLDR)> Nexus HD2> Frankenstein Droid Lite 1.2~3(CLK)> CYMLXGO DHD> Typhoon CM7> Dorimanx 2.8~3.1> Exchanged | TMOUK - Dorimanx 3.1.2> Pdaimatejam/AmericanAndroid SD>MyMIUIv10+Dorimanx v6.3

grendizerus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Nope. You think something got under the touch screen?

fikthor
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hengsheng120 View Post
Did you disassemble your screen before?

Sent from my T9193 using xda premium
I'll dig out the topic.

Hangsheng I have the same problem as described at the beginning, but mine handset had replaced touchscreen with lcd panel.
What it could be the cause of this behaviour?

dertester123
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by fikthor View Post
I'll dig out the topic.

Hangsheng I have the same problem as described at the beginning, but mine handset had replaced touchscreen with lcd panel.
What it could be the cause of this behaviour?
Well the touchscreen must be isolated from the display. Therefore they put some blue glue at the area over the buttons where the HTC logo is. For me I used alcohol to clean the touchscreen as I replaced it and had the problem that when pressure was added the layer of glue was to thin to isolate and gave me fake inputs.

You can test by massaging this area.

Also the contacts on the backside of the screen must be isolated to the housing and the screen. I could think that when you soldered the stock isolation thinned out too..

Last but not least touchscreen, display and housing must be grounded correctly. Therefore all parts are wrapped in metallic foil at the edges... To connect them..

As the touch screen is very sensitive to even little currents its often hard to find the problem as it could also be a totally different cause.

All the above mentioned points should be checked and are relatively easy to fix. But it needs total disassembly what - especially to old devices- has a risk.

Risks are:
That damn flex cables are old and tend to break. The buttons have small tapes on top that come off easily and never go back again... And many more things that break when dis- and reassembled to often.

Sometimes it's cheaper to sell defect HD2 and buy new/used one..
On eBay you often get very good prices for defective HD2..

Gesendet von meinem HTC HD2 mit Tapatalk 2

fikthor
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Odp: [Q] My HTC HD2 is going berserk

The thing is every issue dissappear when it's on WinMob. I cannot pass this behaviour so decided to switch handsets. HD2 was very good phone.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Tags
broken, fingers, hd2, htc, invisible