[THEME][xHDPI][HDPI][v2.2] BOSS - THEME CHOOSER - ICS, JB & KK

Search This thread

ejatds

Sep 24, 2011
sorry the update is taking so long, having trouble getting the mms to look exactly how i want it and a few other things :(. this update's been dragging on for too long though so i thought i'd just update it for now without it, sorry for the long wait.

PRESENTING...
the "OMG THIS THEME IS STILL ALIVE just passed 8 months anniversary!" update! v2.2.11

changelog
- themed 4.2 toggles
- more themed elements throughout (mostly on xhdpi, will be more thorough with hdpi as well in the future update). (ie: play store stars, certain elements of the messaging app, etc)
- new lockscreen mods (separate download)
- small touch ups throughout to better match new elements of 4.2 and fix errors with sizing on xhdpi devices
- few others :)

things to fix
- contacts app (ics blue can be seen at the top)
- frameworks-res on hdpi (more thorough theming throughout the interface on hdpi)

coming up in a future update
- theming mms app (bubble style)
- more thorough theming of play music
- more theming throughout, and less coloring!

i'll update the op later on when i create a new banner for this theme :)

v2.2.11
http://d-h.st/tKY

lockscreen mods (HDPI = resolutions such as 480x800, 960x540, etc, XHDPI = HD resolutions such as 720p)
v1. http://d-h.st/nmj v1 (same as current version 1, hdpi only unless you want a really messed up looking lockscreen)
v2. http://d-h.st/REM (same as current version 2, hdpi only)
v3. http://d-h.st/i8Q (only the outer ring themed for pattern lock (the green circle when unlocking)) for both xhdpi and hdpi

screenshots for v1 and v2 in the first post. installation instructions in the 2nd post (these zips are NOT FLASHABLE!)

If you like this theme, please Donate and press Thanks, thanks! :). Subscribe to the thread to get the latest updates!

Last edited:

luca1102

May 28, 2012
Vienna
AW: [THEME][xHDPI][HDPI][v2.1] BOSS - THEME CHOOSER - Oct 24, 2012 - ICS & JB

Thank you so much ! It's beautiful :) Any plans on putting a donate version on play store ? The one and only theme for me

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

imjustafq

Nov 4, 2012
Ipoh
Re: [THEME][xHDPI][HDPI][v2.2] BOSS - THEME CHOOSER - Feb 4, 2013 - ICS & JB

improperly compiled problem.. running jb.. :(

::solved::

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Beachbum2049

Mar 28, 2011
Philadelphia
Google Pixel 8 Pro

Sweet, update!

Question:
Can someone post a screenshot with a nabvar? Mine is customized from my rom and I don't know how to get it to take the colors from the theme.

Also, what icons are y'all using with this theme?

Request:
- Keyboard emoji popup, the go button to be colored your blue, and the key popup - forgive me if you've done this already, I *think* the keyboard in my rom is theme able

Unreasonable request:
- Inverted gapps + MMS app, dark background with your color blue instead of holo blue. :)

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 4

Last edited:

Basche

Sep 15, 2011
Dalmasca

When using this theme on jellybean 4.2.2 On my nexus s, i get this error every time I boot my phone

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361386426428.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361386426428.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,005

phegard

Jan 12, 2012
Seoul
Bug reporting

Thanks for making such a nice theme.

One bug reporting...
When using Quick control(Stock side navigation rings function) on a stock browser(So, it doesn't show address bar at top), loading progress bar(tiny blue line) just disappear.
Can't check when site loading finished :crying:

Could you check this issue? :)
Without this thing, It just perfect theme app. Super clean!!

I'm using Gnex & latest CM10.1 nightly version(4.2.2), No additional DPI setting.

ejatds

Sep 24, 2011
Sweet, update!

Question:
Can someone post a screenshot with a nabvar? Mine is customized from my rom and I don't know how to get it to take the colors from the theme.

Also, what icons are y'all using with this theme?

Request:
- Keyboard emoji popup, the go button to be colored your blue, and the key popup - forgive me if you've done this already, I *think* the keyboard in my rom is theme able

Unreasonable request:
- Inverted gapps + MMS app, dark background with your color blue instead of holo blue. :)

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 4

the hex code for the theme is 6e8a9f (if you figure out how to theme the navbar colors)
also, the keyboard *should* be themed, but the rom i recently downloaded also seems to be missing certain aspects of it oddly, but other roms i've used have had it themed :/
not a big fan of inverted gapps so not sure if i'll be doing that one or not, but i'm definitely thinking of theming the mss app.

When using this theme on jellybean 4.2.2 On my nexus s, i get this error every time I boot my phone

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

first time seeing this, does this error only come up when using my theme?

Thanks for making such a nice theme.

One bug reporting...
When using Quick control(Stock side navigation rings function) on a stock browser(So, it doesn't show address bar at top), loading progress bar(tiny blue line) just disappear.
Can't check when site loading finished :crying:

Could you check this issue? :)
Without this thing, It just perfect theme app. Super clean!!

I'm using Gnex & latest CM10.1 nightly version(4.2.2), No additional DPI setting.

i'm aware of this issue and i'll push a fix in the next update :)
thanks!

oddlyshapedstickman

Aug 10, 2012
London
Is it just me or are the default battery indicator images lower res? They seem to be much lower res on my Mako. There is a noticeable increase in sharpness when it goes to the red (<15%) indicator as I believed this is from the stock images.

Merri1

Jan 12, 2011
Thurles
Wow really nice theme! thanks a lot for this. I've spent most of today looking for a nicer theme and i think I've found it :)

Merri1

Jan 12, 2011
Thurles
This theme is great, I love it! Almost matches the Cinnamon theme on my laptop too :)

One small suggestion though, would you be able to change the colour of the selected tab in the contacts menu? The bright blue that it is at the moment doesn't really match the rest of the theme. Maybe a lighter shade of #6e8a9f itself? Please see the attached pictures to see what I mean :D

Original:

ESWHfb4.png

#869daf:

HSfZAZR.png

#9db0be:

3LsyD0E.png

Note: The icon colour looks a bit weird, but that's only because I used the fill tool in Gimp to try the different colors. So some of the old color still remains around the edges of the icon!

I got the different shades from near the bottom of the page here.

Reactions: Mystic_Portal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    10,000+ downloads!

zeJze.png
    BOSS Theme

Blue, Ofcourse a Super Spectacular Theme
    Theme Chooser | xHDPI & HDPI Devices

>>>>>>>>
    CLICK HERE FOR INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS AND FAQs. 99.99% CHANCE YOUR QUESTION HAS ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED
    <<<<<<<<

I thought that a darker blue colour would look really nice on ICS, and thus, this theme was created. Hope you enjoy!
    This is a theme for ROMS that include the T-Mobile Theme Chooser, such as AOKP, CM9, CM10, CM10.1 etc :)

LUCV5ZC.png

Downloads & Add-ons (Instructions in 2nd post)
    ICS, Jellybean, and KitKat
    v2.2.11: http://d-h.st/tKY
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lockscreens cannot be themed with the apk file, and must be flashed separately.
    Please see second post for instructions. (DO NOT FLASH THESE ZIP FILES DIRECTLY)

HDPI Lockscreen v1: http://d-h.st/nmj
    HDPI Lockscreen v2: http://d-h.st/REM
    HDPI & XHDPI Lockscreen v3: http://d-h.st/i8Q

Lockscreen Mods
    yP8OboD.png

If you like this theme, please Donate or press Thanks, thanks! :)

sorry the update is taking so long, having trouble getting the mms to look exactly how i want it and a few other things :(. this update's been dragging on for too long though so i thought i'd just update it for now without it, sorry for the long wait.

PRESENTING...
    the "OMG THIS THEME IS STILL ALIVE just passed 8 months anniversary!" update! v2.2.11

changelog
    - themed 4.2 toggles
    - more themed elements throughout (mostly on xhdpi, will be more thorough with hdpi as well in the future update). (ie: play store stars, certain elements of the messaging app, etc)
    - new lockscreen mods (separate download)
    - small touch ups throughout to better match new elements of 4.2 and fix errors with sizing on xhdpi devices
    - few others :)

things to fix
    - contacts app (ics blue can be seen at the top)
    - frameworks-res on hdpi (more thorough theming throughout the interface on hdpi)

coming up in a future update
    - theming mms app (bubble style)
    - more thorough theming of play music
    - more theming throughout, and less coloring!

i'll update the op later on when i create a new banner for this theme :)

v2.2.11
    http://d-h.st/tKY

lockscreen mods (HDPI = resolutions such as 480x800, 960x540, etc, XHDPI = HD resolutions such as 720p)
    v1. http://d-h.st/nmj v1 (same as current version 1, hdpi only unless you want a really messed up looking lockscreen)
    v2. http://d-h.st/REM (same as current version 2, hdpi only)
    v3. http://d-h.st/i8Q (only the outer ring themed for pattern lock (the green circle when unlocking)) for both xhdpi and hdpi

screenshots for v1 and v2 in the first post. installation instructions in the 2nd post (these zips are NOT FLASHABLE!)

If you like this theme, please Donate and press Thanks, thanks! :). Subscribe to the thread to get the latest updates!

Note.
    If there's any issues please tell me and i'll be sure to fix it for the next update. Thanks! :)

Installation Guide

Theme
    1. Download and Install the theme. (make sure you have install from 'Unknown Sources' checked at Settings > Security)
    2. Go to Settings > Themes
    3. Set as System (Stock) Theme
    4. Reboot!
    5. Set as BOSS Theme
    6. Reboot!

Lockscreen Add-on (please choose the correct version for your phone)
    *Make a nandroid before flashing!

1. Install 'Zip Themer'" from Google Play
    2. Open ZipThemer > menu > Update Edify
    3. Click Browse > your ROM, then Configure (should be done everytime you install/update rom)
    4. Put the lockscreen file into sdcard/ZipThemer
    5. Open ZipThemer, and click "+Theme" and choose the file
    6. Click 'Build It', and it'll create a flashable zip
    7. Create a backup file when prompted (flash this later on to revert to the stock lockscreen)
    8. Flash this created file (ie: BOSS-Lockscreen-update.zip) in CWM Recovery/TWRP, NOT the original file in sdcard/ZipThemer

FAQs
    What is the hex code for BOSS?
    It's 6e8a9f :)

Is the theme incorrectly compiled?
    No worries! Set the System (stock ICS) theme, reboot, and then follow the installation guide!

Is the theme missing assets for your screen?
    Click 'Apply Anyway'

Something weird happen to your phone? Theme isn't showing up properly?
    Try one of the following: Reboot phone, Restore nandroid backup, Flash the rom again. Make sure you're on an AOSP based rom (AOKP, CyanogenMod, Gummy, Rootbox etc) or it won't work. If it still doesn't work, try re-downloading the file and follow the steps carefully.

No circle battery mod? (as shown in the screenshots)
    You're probably running a version of CyanogenMod. If you'd like, you can either change to a rom such as AOKP which has this features, or request your rom's developer to add them. sorry :(

Can you theme ______ or add/remove feature ______ from your theme?
    I'm open to all suggestions! Please post/pm me any/all your suggestions and hopefully they'll be added soon.

Changelog
    Code:
    v2.2.11
    - 4.2 toggles themed
    - themed many areas of xhdpi
    - fixed sizing issues on xhdpi
    - fixed parts of the theme which didn't work well with the new styles of jellybean 4.2
    - new lockscreen mods

v2.1
    - fixed CM10 circle battery being too dark
    - unthemed blue/transparent menu. (white stays themed)
    v2.0
    - hdpi jb notification pull-down image changed to correct thickness
    v1.9
    - fixed jb notification pull down
    - larger/stock sized dialer icons for xhdpi devices
    v1.8
    - fixed notification pull down to match the jellybean ui
    v1.7
    - xhdpi: fixed small numbers in dialer
    - xhdpi: fixed dark stock battery
    - changed settings icon in notification pull-down to be white
    v1.6
    - fixed checkbox sizes for xhdpi
    v1.5
    - themed market (still ongoing)
    - themed play music (still ongoing)
    - new toggle sliders! (again, haha. check banner in op for the updated screenshot)
    - changed usb android images
    - fixed xhdpi system ui images (wifi, signal, battery etc) being too small
    - fixed inconsistent circle battery
    - maybe more
    v1.4
    - circle battery mod! (credits to etoy, maker of amoled blue theme for AOKP)
    - newly themed toggle sliders & icons (toggle icons credits to etoy!)
    - themed mms android emoticons
    - 'loading' circle
    - camera (will be themed more later one)
    - transparent, theme coloured menu pop-up
    - themed email and mms apps a little better. still ongoing.
    - and more! 
    v1.3
    - OFF toggles
    - scrubber (slider for brightness, volume, etc)
    - notification settings button
    - browser quick controls
    - cm9 apollo music player
    - progress bar
    - usb androids
    - maybe more that I can't think of atm.
    v1.2
    - fixed white border around battery
    v1.1
    - added cool blue colour to battery & signal bar
    - fixed 'weird' icons, such as slider icon when unclicked, loading bar, power menu selections, 1 and 0 in dialer
    - changed settings icon in notification menu
    v1.0
    - initial release
    v1.3 now available!http://d-h.st/EKf

lots of changes!
    newly themed:
    -OFF toggles
    -scrubber (slider for brightness, volume, etc)
    -notification settings button
    -browser quick controls
    -cm9 apollo music player
    -progress bar
    -usb androids
    -maybe more that I can't think of atm.

ANNOUNCEMENT.
    unfortunately, i found another theme chooser theme called Cool Blue :(
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jbjk.theme.CoolBlue2&hl=en

from now on, this theme will be called:
    Blue, Ofcourse a Super Spectacular Theme

BOSS Theme.

hope you enjoy! :)

if you like this theme, please feel free to donate, or press thanks, thanks! :)
    BOSS v1.5 up! http://d-h.st/FnW

new features:
    - themed market (still ongoing)
    - themed play music (still ongoing)
    - new toggle sliders! (again, haha. check banner in op for the updated screenshot)
    - changed usb android images
    - fixed xhdpi system ui images (wifi, signal, battery etc) being too small
    - fixed inconsistent circle battery
    - maybe more :)

please enjoy, press thanks, and donate! :good: :laugh: