Ask a question

No registration required

Straight Talk SGS2- SGH-S959G

OP mr-cook

4th February 2013, 05:30 PM   |  #1111  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,580

892 posts
PhilZ CWM_v6.0.2.7 built by AJ Newkirk flashable from CWM- SGH-S959G PhilZ _CWM_v6.0.2.7.zip
I recommend this for everybody. It's the CWM your already using plus extra features like getting the Siyah recovery when you use AJ Newkirk's Siyah kernel and using jeboo's extra features in recovery with SHOstock3. Or touch recovery if it's included with the ROM or kernel you're using.

I added this and the regular CWM_v6.0.2.7 (just incase you would want to go back) to the OP.
4th February 2013, 05:31 PM   |  #1112  
Thanks Meter: 68

274 posts
Re: Straight Talk SGS2- SGH-S959G
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-cook

This has nothing to do with phone model.

Sent from my SGH-S959G

Ah I see now. Sorry I was just quickly browsing over the new posts this morning

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
4th February 2013, 05:49 PM   |  #1113  

892 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edvon

GalaxSim unlock says will not work in my country! google store says from computer. I don't have google play on SGH-S959. or many apps-can't figure out google play on computer says apps installed- w'ell they were on old rom- I need to get them from google! thanks again- I did reboot and clear into recovery per your instructions- no joy

That app is attached at the bottom of the post in the link I provided. You don't need to go to the play store for it.

You didn't flash gapps? Fail.

Sent from my SGH-S959G
The Following User Says Thank You to mr-cook For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2013, 01:12 AM   |  #1114  
Thanks Meter: 0

48 posts
Telcel or and sim Chip on Straight talk S959G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edvon

Not yet, thank you, I'm going to flash the ROM now and see if that does the trick.

All is well! have to goto Mexico to check for sure. Only problem now is Ad-hoc so as to be able to tether? I use WiFi tether and it says it failed setting ad-hoc in log.
5th February 2013, 01:50 AM   |  #1115  
Thanks Meter: 8

66 posts
is anyone else noticing major battery drain with the newest update of cm10.1 phone was charged all night and only sent a total of 15 text today and no phone calls and im down to 20 percent battery
5th February 2013, 01:50 AM   |  #1116  
Thanks Meter: 31

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-cook

PhilZ CWM_v6.0.2.7 built by AJ Newkirk flashable from CWM- Attachment 1703154
I recommend this for everybody. It's the CWM your already using plus extra features like getting the Siyah recovery when you use AJ Newkirk's Siyah kernel and using jeboo's extra features in recovery with SHOstock3. Or touch recovery if it's included with the ROM or kernel you're using.

so with this we no longer need to extract the zlimage and push the image using adb? we can just flash siyah`s or jeboos kernel directly through cwm thus changing our recovery options? did AJ make this for us?
5th February 2013, 02:39 AM   |  #1117  

892 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelj73

so with this we no longer need to extract the zlimage and push the image using adb? we can just flash siyah`s or jeboos kernel directly through cwm thus changing our recovery options? did AJ make this for us?

Aj compiled the recovery from PhilZ source. It's aj's siyah kernel. I just made it flashable through CWM.

This recovery can have a ui from the kernel. With aj's kernel you will have siyah recovery, with jeboo you will have his recovery and CM just a standard CWM recovery. Without ever actually changing your recovery.

Sent from my SGH-S959G
5th February 2013, 03:08 AM   |  #1118  

274 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-weenie

is anyone else noticing major battery drain with the newest update of cm10.1 phone was charged all night and only sent a total of 15 text today and no phone calls and im down to 20 percent battery

I noticed that and another issue of my phone randomly turning off. Downgraded to the previous nightly with no problems so far

Sent from my SGH-S959G
5th February 2013, 06:01 PM   |  #1119  

274 posts
So I'm a bit confused. Running CM10.1 nightly with CWM installed from first post. Should I change the kernel to the one lined a few posts back, or just keep it as is? Just wanted someone to clarify for more before I brick something.

Sent from my SGH-S959G
5th February 2013, 07:14 PM   |  #1120  

892 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinergy02

So I'm a bit confused. Running CM10.1 nightly with CWM installed from first post. Should I change the kernel to the one lined a few posts back, or just keep it as is? Just wanted someone to clarify for more before I brick something.

Sent from my SGH-S959G

If you ever plan to use a different ROM or kernel like siyah, changing to that recovery makes you compatible.

All it does is change your CWM to one with more options, and better compatibility. Nothing else.

As far as bricking your phone. There is always a risk of this when flashing anything including CyanogenMod nightlies. All this does is take the zImage from aj's Siyah kernel and run the command to flash it to your recovery partition- so there is actually less risk involved for people that aren't familiar with adb. Besides being so easy anyone can do it.

I did personally test this quite a few times before posting it.

I would not post anything here if I thought it would harm your phone.

Sent from my SGH-S959G

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr-cook For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread