Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,872 Members 52,848 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Droid X2 Eclipse 2.3 WiFi issue

Tip us?

parakraze
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Droid X2 Eclipse 2.3 WiFi issue

Okay I have done with process with 2.2 eclipse as well and it didn't work either so I figured I would try it with 2.3

I do every single little thing in this list.

1. sbf to 234
2. Root using MotorolaOneclick
3. Install Voodoo OTA rootkeeper and protect root but temp unroot
4. Apply 235 update in stock recovery
5. Restore root in Voodoo rootkeeper and delete backup (make sure root is restored before deleting!)
6. Install bootstrap
7. Reboot into bootstrap recovery
8. Wipe data
9. Flash eclipse
10. Profit from its beauty

After its all done and flashed and loaded the wifi ALWAYS says error. Now if their is a patch or zip out there that I need to install I am all for that but there just has to be a reason after trying this ten time that it fails every single time. I love how stable this rom is OS wise, but this wifi deal has got to stop. Someone let me know if they find out anything please.

Copper_90210
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I realize this is a few months old, but just out of common courtesy, here's the solution I used.
I was have the same frustration and finally found what the problem was after a good amount of hunting.
When you apply the 2.3.5 update make sure its 2.3.5-418. I kept applying the wrong 2.3.5 and wifi never worked.
Finally just got It working using the correct update with same process. DL available here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1703640 It'll be this one "2.3.4-380 to 2.3.5-418 (official OTA)"

yash.pranjale86
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Default Re: Droid X2 Eclipse 2.3 WiFi issue

Try to reflash the firmware or try some apps like wifi fixer.

DONT FORGET TO HIT THANKS.......