[ALPHA1][ROM][4.2.1]CyanogenMod 10.1 UNOFFICIAL[1/17]

5th February 2013, 10:47 PM   |  #311  
Thanks Meter: 334

1,392 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R

Now comes this issue of horrible framerates in lists running CM10.1. I know what low framerates look like. I wish I knew of an app to monitor and display your current framerate to prove myself right (and subsequently you wrong, although I mean no offense this is likely not your fault) but I know of no such program for Android. How do I know I was right? A few days ago user kejar31 released this kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2127212

It is meant for AOSP 4.2.x. In this kernel is an older version of the GPU drivers for our phone's graphics chip. It has been vastly reported that by using that kernel, with the older graphics drivers, that all artifacts and corruption on the display have been resolved. Of those graphics related artifacts, is the scroll framerate issue I reported and a few others acknowledged as having as well. I installed the newest nightly, flashed the kernel, and noticed a huge jump in fps in the very same menus. The problem was solved.

So now this all comes back to your response to me. Who's to believe? Is it possible you're right and somehow magically your device, which was made in the same assembly line as all other Note 2's, using the very same hardware and ROM, does not have this problem? Is that really likely? Or was there really an issue there that has since been resolved and you just can't perceive it as others can? Well I know for a fact there was an issue, as I have the solution in that kernel (thanks kejar) so how should I feel about your reply to me? I never meant for it to be insulting, but when the evidence people bring to a forum discussion is nothing more than subjective experiences it is so frustrating for them to present their experience as fact when you know it's wrong.

I won't say any more on this topic as my problem (and really, everyone's problem) with the framerate issues is resolved.

Couple of things here... You still sound condescending. "Scroll lag", as you first described it, could easily be interpreted as something other than framerate lag. You don't know me or my background or experiences so don't try to talk down to me.

It appears you don't know anything about it when you say things like "somehow magically your device, which was made in the same assembly line as all other Note 2's, using the very same hardware and ROM, does not have this problem?". Not all chips, cpu's or gpu's respond the same even if they are created the same.

You unfortunately don't see that your problem was also just a subjective experience. The gpu drivers were obviously adjusted/updated for a reason, likely because they work fine on many of the new gpu's.

Maybe you should have skipped a couple years of video gaming and learned how to interact in the real world so you don't come across the way you do.
Last edited by Jiggity Janx; 5th February 2013 at 10:50 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jiggity Janx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread