5,604,859 Members 33,640 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth Gamepad

Tip us?

scott.m
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Ps3 sixaxis dual shock.
You can charge them with your computer or dock/USB. You'll need a PC to get the controller's ID initially but doesn't have to be paired ever again. The controller can be recognized as a native android/Bluetooth controller by most devices, otherwise the sixaxis app is able to force it to work, and it also simulates touch controls through the controller for games that don't have gamepad support.

When I used six axis app I noticed the button mappings were incorrect, button_a and button_b are supposed to be cross/circle. By default a/b were square/triangle which is upside down for games like fpse. Switching them once in sixaxis fixes fpse/emu without having to remap each game.

The controller also does well in most n64 games with mupen64. Obviously KIGold and some other games which used the c-pad buttons for their logical positions will be an adjustment, but that's what the extra triggers are for!

And finally and most importantly, because the ps3 controllers are just so well built over many years of optimisations, its got a standard layout and as many buttons as you could ask for. It can also be used on your PC... all with a built-in rechargeable battery! I HATE SWAPPING BATTERIES!

deblas66
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: Bluetooth Gamepad

I have the PS3 controller set up and working fine, except with NES ROMs. Anyone have this problem? Is it fixable?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Yogaxl
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Moga is going to release the Pro version soon

Stammis
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default PS3 controller jeally bean 4.1.1

Hello so I have read alot about useing bluetooth to synch your controller to your device, however if I am right the new jeally bean 4.1.1 to tf700t makes rooting impossible for the time being, I am not willing to downgrade so I am asking if anyone has any good idea how to connect a Ps3 controller to the usb port that comes with the keyboard for the device, or any other solution would be greatly appreciated?

Hekdog
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: Bluetooth Gamepad

I have had the Moga controller for a little over a month now and I love it. I originally got it for my Galaxy Nexus, which is really nice with the phone holding bracket on the controller.

I just picked up the Infinity about a week ago and have been using the Moga pretty frequently. I have been playing a lot of GTA Vice City and some NOVA 3 and it works great for those. One thing I still need to do is root my device as that will allow me to get the MOGA IME app that will allow the controller to work for any game without having to map the controls. Otherwise the standard Moga app just has their list of compatible games that are programmed for the controller.

I got mine of Amazon, but nice thing is I have seen them at Best Buy and Wal-Mart.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD