Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 42,678 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] OblyTile - Tile Creator for all programs.

Tip us?

Argony-OT
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 492

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohanshbhr View Post
I have feature request.. can u please add a clean up option that can clean unused folder from C:\Program Files\OblyTile
A clean up function to detect & delete unused folder can be made on future releases, thanks you for your suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadarn07 View Post
A couple of minor issues I've seen:

1. On my media PC I used this app to create shortcuts to Libraries on a networked drive (My Videos, Documents, etc on another PC). These shortcuts open the folders fine, but an error message also pops up every time behind the folder stating that the network location (or directory) couldn't be found. I just click OK and everything works fine otherwise.
This is fixed on version v0.9 (will be disponible during this week)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadarn07 View Post
2. Again on my media PC, I have ripped a DVD movie (.iso format) in a local folder (not a network folder) that I created a shortcut to with OblyTile. When I click the shortcut, I get a very similar error message to the first issue except the file doesn't launch. The dialog box just said there is no file there. At this point, I had ISO's set to "mount" in explorer (and then I would just right click the drive it mounted to and run the file with VLC). After this, I set the ISO to open with VLC by default (to play the movie) instead of mounting to Explorer (which is really what I wanted anyway). After doing this, the OblyTile shortcut worked fine with no error. But if you did want to mount ISO's by default (which I usually do, just not on this PC), it seems that the OblyTile shortcut wouldn't work unless there's another way to input the target for the shortcut to force it to mount in explorer.
This issue may get solved by changing the way to launch program.
OblyTIle uses generics Vbs files as launcher, my idea is to make a small launcher. (This will solve many issue).

Thanks you for the feedback!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Argony-OT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

o0z0o
Old
(Last edited by o0z0o; 10th February 2013 at 11:04 PM.) Reason: Correction
Thanks Meter 2
Hi Argony-OT I have many questions to You. How works Your program? I mean how You customize vbs shortcuts programmatically? You using C# windows form application to create secondary tile, or something else? I have idea how can create wide tiles too (with two programs c# for windows and c# for store apps), but my English writing is not very pure. I will try to explain. There are must be two kinds of applications:
Quote:
First app - Windows Form Application: which can create shortcut in format *.bat, or *.vbs, with some name must be created folder with wide, square, and little images (you can customize it), all shortcuts must be added to library folder (like "C:\Metro") or etc. (becouse i cant access from metro: Program Files, only some folders like library's).
Quote:
Second app - Windows Store Application: which scans "Metro" library, and creates all tiles as secondaryTiles with all stored images and batch file path writed in TileActivationArguments (like "C:\Metro\Adobe-Photoshop_CS6-13-02-11-00-55\Adobe-Photoshop-CS6.bat"). When secondary tile would be activated, this app directly launched this bat file.
Thank You.
The Following User Says Thank You to o0z0o For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

evoandroidevo
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Omg thank you so much been looking for something like this thanks x10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HTC Hero > HTC Evo 4g > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Galaxy S III > LG Nexus 4 > LG Nexus 5

Androidmarketuser
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0z0o View Post
Hi Argony-OT I have many questions to You. How works Your program? I mean how You customize vbs shortcuts programmatically? You using C# windows form application to create secondary tile, or something else? I have idea how can create wide tiles too (with two programs c# for windows and c# for store apps), but my English writing is not very pure. I will try to explain. There are must be two kinds of applications:

Thank You.
I think this method is used by Pin Anything or other programs, but I don't know exactly.

If you are also annoyed by advertisments on XDA, please comment in this thread: Intrusive ads? Post here!
My work:
SLIM FACTORY V4.0
SUPERCHARGER V6 GUIDE

Argony-OT
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 492

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hi Argony-OT I have many questions to You. How works Your program? I mean how You customize vbs shortcuts programmatically? You using C# windows form application to create secondary tile, or something else? I have idea how can create wide tiles too (with two programs c# for windows and c# for store apps), but my English writing is not very pure. I will try to explain.
Thank You.
Hello,

OblyTile is made in Visual Basic (.net), it does not require any Windows Store App to work. This is the goal, keep the program work without using the (limited) windows api.

Using a mixed app (Windows App + Desktop App) is a good way, but is still limited. What i'm trying to do with OblyTile is to give a fast way to create tiles without installing softwares on your pc.

Thanks you a lot for your post!

Argony

o0z0o
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Can you tell me how you pin your shortcuts to metro with custom images? And how you customize title color programmatically? It is registry trick? It's need compiler? And you use modified version of "resources.pri" what this file do it must be built with vb (.net)? If You answer me this questions i will experimenting and later share with you my ideas. I want to know root ideas how to beat the system and work with it. This is my hobby.

Argony-OT
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 492

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Can you tell me how you pin your shortcuts to metro with custom images? And how you customize title color programmatically? It is registry trick? It's need compiler? And you use modified version of "resources.pri" what this file do it must be built with vb (.net)? If You answer me this questions i will experimenting and later share with you my ideas. I want to know root ideas how to beat the system and work with it. This is my hobby.
I will contact you in private message.

Argony

Argony-OT
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 492

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up OblyTile v0.9 Update

New update released.

Some of the function requested are not included on this update, i hope to include them on the future updates.
More infos on main post.

Argony
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Argony-OT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CrimsonKnight13
Old
Thanks Meter 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argony-OT View Post
New update released.

Some of the function requested are not included on this update, i hope to include them on the future updates.
More infos on main post.

Argony
New version works great. Thanks again for a great release!

HTC Droid DNA (dlx) [NuSenseSIX-MAX RC3.02 (4.4.2)]
Samsung Galaxy S2 (SCH-R760 - Multimedia Player) [CM11 (4.4.4) - SPH-D710]
Motorola Droid RAZR HD (vanquish) [CM11 (4.4.4)] - Wife's Phone
Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" (tate) [CM11 (4.4.4)] - Wife's Tablet
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonKnight13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheRealGreenVirus
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hey guys, I was always getting my pictures from win8tiles.com but that site seems to be down, do you guys know another place?

Tags
creator, metro, startmenu, tile, windows 8