OP enewman17

6th February 2013, 03:31 PM   |  #831  
Flag Valrico, FL
Thanks Meter: 574

1,339 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kofrad

How can I check for this on my device? My battery life has been great, based on usage of course.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Check your battery useage in system settings. I see a lot of Media. I can force stop but it starts again. There are apks for this which stop the media scan at boot but from what I have read they may or may not work. I tried to remove some of my apks to see if they are the cause but no luck so far. Again I still have been getting fairly good battery life and love the smoothness of this Rom. My DD as of now.
6th February 2013, 04:20 PM   |  #832  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Fort Wayne, IN
Thanks Meter: 6,696

2,787 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM] AT&T JellyBean UCDLK3 The Devils Reject Edition v3 {2-2-2013}
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb813

Check your battery useage in system settings. I see a lot of Media. I can force stop but it starts again. There are apks for this which stop the media scan at boot but from what I have read they may or may not work. I tried to remove some of my apks to see if they are the cause but no luck so far. Again I still have been getting fairly good battery life and love the smoothness of this Rom. My DD as of now.

I'll look into it for a fix, but I have not experienced the issue some have with the media scanner. So I haven't messed with it.

Already working on v4, it won't be a huge update but some nice things coming.
Fixed some overlay issues with the ink effect. It works better now. Full gpu rendering, fully working note 2 keyboard with dedicated number row and handwriting. Few things to look forward to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to enewman17 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2013, 05:11 PM   |  #833  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 63

1,462 posts
More
Are note 2 gallery/camera fully functionaly? If so, just a thought of what could be implemented if everyone else likes..
Last edited by brian6685; 6th February 2013 at 05:14 PM.
6th February 2013, 06:06 PM   |  #834  
Flag Corona
Thanks Meter: 44

516 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6685

Are note 2 gallery/camera fully functionaly? If so, just a thought of what could be implemented if everyone else likes..

I haven't had a Rom yet that geo tagging works on Note 2 yet. Would be awesome if it did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
6th February 2013, 06:42 PM   |  #835  
Texas
Thanks Meter: 47

240 posts
More
enewman- I love this ROM and it is my DD. Just curious about multi-window. I know that it is something that you said you might port over at a later date. Is this something you are still considering? The one somewhat stable multi-window rom causes AT&T users to lose data, so that's a deal breaker for me.

Either way, I'm sticking with your ROM because it is simply the best and most stable out there.
6th February 2013, 07:14 PM   |  #836  
Flag Fort Wayne, IN

2,787 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaster3

enewman- I love this ROM and it is my DD. Just curious about multi-window. I know that it is something that you said you might port over at a later date. Is this something you are still considering? The one somewhat stable multi-window rom causes AT&T users to lose data, so that's a deal breaker for me.

Either way, I'm sticking with your ROM because it is simply the best and most stable out there.

No I dont plan on putting multi-window in. I looked at it, first its going to be really hard to implement. Second I would have to get rid of the long press to kill app since multi Window uses the long press back button. Third only a handful of apps can even use the feature. Not worth the time and effort. If we get a 4.1.2 update it will be easy to implement.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enewman17 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2013, 07:32 PM   |  #837  
Recognized Contributor / Swappa Representative
Flag Blacksburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 2,516

1,559 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enewman17

No I dont plan on putting multi-window in. I looked at it, first its going to be really hard to implement. Second I would have to get rid of the long press to kill app since multi Window uses the long press back button. Third only a handful of apps can even use the feature. Not worth the time and effort. If we get a 4.1.2 update it will be easy to implement.

We just got the Verizon system dump and release of version 4.1.2 and they failed to include multi window and premium suite with that build. I looked through the whole thing for any traces. It looks like we're going to be left in the dust again with the next update for our phones. Apparently Samsung also thought it was difficult to implement.

6th February 2013, 07:38 PM   |  #838  
Flag Chitown
Thanks Meter: 215

1,053 posts
More
Quick question for the OP or anyone else. I flashed the 23 blue toggle but I read here that is causing the lock screen options FC. Can I just dirty flash Devils Reject V3 over to fix the problem or do I have to wipe completely?

TIA
6th February 2013, 07:49 PM   |  #839  
Flag Fort Wayne, IN

2,787 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgt2

Quick question for the OP or anyone else. I flashed the 23 blue toggle but I read here that is causing the lock screen options FC. Can I just dirty flash Devils Reject V3 over to fix the problem or do I have to wipe completely?

TIA

Dirty flash should be fine

The Following User Says Thank You to enewman17 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2013, 07:53 PM   |  #840  
Flag Fort Wayne, IN

2,787 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratatak7

We just got the Verizon system dump and release of version 4.1.2 and they failed to include multi window and premium suite with that build. I looked through the whole thing for any traces. It looks like we're going to be left in the dust again with the next update for our phones. Apparently Samsung also thought it was difficult to implement.

Yeah I looked through them it still wont be "easy" but easier.... the options to enable the feature are in 4.1.2. Still a lot of missing files in android.policy and services.jar though.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread