Post Reply

Huawei Honor 2 U9508, Install ROM, Install GAPPS, Root.

OP AmigaWolf

7th February 2013, 02:22 AM   |  #1  
AmigaWolf's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 166
 
532 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Huawei Honor 2 U9508











So this is the easiest and the safest way to upgrade your phone (new ROM Android), install GAPPS and Root.


I have done this with (B544) and (B550) U9508_EmotionUI_1.5_V100R001CHNC00B550 Android 4.1.2, so you also can do this with B628 and B629 and others:

http://cn.ui.vmall.com/emotiondownlo...9B%9B%E6%A0%B8

Here is B107 Stable (Android 4.0.4):

http://download-c.huawei.com/downloa...Code=worldwide

MEGA: https://mega.co.nz/#!Y0dnmIwY!O6dQGi...cWvKhrTyVEj6iI

Here is B509 Stable (Android 4.1.2 with EmotionUI 1.5) with Google Play Store and Multi language:

www.huaweidevices.de/getAttachment.php?file=U9508_V100R001C00B509.zip&f orce=true

MEGA: https://mega.co.nz/#!40c2lI5Y!Nvmrq_...38IT1JeYi9Z75U

B509 is the same as B550, but then with Google Play Store and Multi language

Here is B703 Stable (Android 4.2.2 with EmotionUI 1.6) with Google Play Store and Multi language:

www.huaweidevices.de/getAttachment.php?file=HUAWEI_Ascend_G615_Emotion_ UI_SD_Card_Update.zip&force=true

MEGA: https://mega.co.nz/#!YwV0zR4b!VexSCy...YhIPId7WekGzNU

Here is B704 Stable (Android 4.2.2 with EmotionUI 1.6):

http://zh.ui.vmall.com/nsp/geturl.ph...idate=&pid=230

MEGA: https://mega.co.nz/#!94tyCTIa!LjYsxj...UAunersGXILjuI

Here is B706 Beta (Android 4.2.2 with EmotionUI 1.6), it has the Bluetooth fix and Volume fix:

http://zh.ui.vmall.com/nsp/geturl.ph...idate=&pid=295

MEGA: https://mega.co.nz/#!YwkASLII!U3szHW...jhzZlVGA-a7CVY

Here is B709 Stable (Android 4.2.2 with EmotionUI 1.6)it has the Bluetooth fix with bluetooth auto connect without awaking the device and Volume fix:

www.emui.com/nsp/geturl.php?path=U9508_EmotionUI_1.6_V100R001CHNC00 B709.zip&rid=384

MEGA: https://mega.co.nz/#!A0MmAR5B!Wf9LIb...j4XoVWAhEnMcR8

Here is B804 Stable (Android 4.2.2 with EmotionUI 2.0):

MEGA: https://mega.co.nz/#!QwElUYCS!kyAB6u...m_rI5KgB64PLJU

First update to B709 and then do a Factory data reset and a Erase internal storage (do not forget to make a copy of the backup (HuaweiBackup) on your computer or SD Card) and
then flash it to B804.



Ow and before you install a new Firmware on your phone, you first use the App Back-up to backup all your Apps (including Google Play Store and Google Play-services)
and contacts and SMS and more, then you installed the new Firmware.

Then you used Back-up again and installed all your Apps back on your phone including Google Play Store and Google Play-services, and now Google Play works and
you do NOT have to install Chinese recovery, so if you had a old Firmware on your phone before you installed the New Firmware, you do not need Chinese
recovery
, just use the App Back-up that came with the Firmware.


You don't need Chinese recovery to root your phone.

Ow and you need to press 7 times on the build number to see developers settings, in B7*** and above.

And put a copy of your backup on a Computer, and on your SD-Card if the App have not done that already.

You have to sign into gapps before the backup app will allow the option to backup google services.


Here is recovery6.0.1.9_AscendHonor2.exe:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zgj5k52sj62fi2o

Here is Motochopper:

http://www.mediafire.com/?f4lipgd1hh3jug2

Here is AnzhiRoot_U9508:

http://d-h.st/Flk

Here is Genotools:

https://mega.co.nz/#!d0cknTIC!3j0dMK...CKeI6-tyLM6KQ0

Here is Root Genius:

https://mega.co.nz/#!ws9D0ThC!Svx2Qe...7E-1gtYk0TkB3w



GAPPS

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip Android 4.1.2.

https://mega.co.nz/#!0lUkgYqL!LtoCVV...2KxjslfoeVFRkw Android 4.2.2.

Here is SuperSU 0.99:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1707684&d=1360134287



This is how you Replace Chinese Recovery with original recovery

1. Go to Settings and go to Developer options, and enable USB debugging.
2. Plug the phone in the computer, and Choose USB storage device (or Media device (MTP).
3. Restart phone and boot phone with Power & - volume
4. Open Recovery6.0.1.9_AscendHonor2.exe.
5. Now press 2 for The original recovery (1 is Chinese recovery), and press Enter.
6. If all is OK, the program will do its job and Reboot into FASTBOOT MOD, then he Flash the selected recovery and then he reboot the device 2 times.
7. Now your selected recovery have been installed.


Before starting the firmware you need to have:

If you unlocked the boatloader you cannot use official updates (Firmwares) from Huawei.

1. SD card of at least 2GB
2. Phone with a charged battery at least 50%

1. Plug the phone in the computer.
2. Unpack the archive with the firmware and throw dload folder to the root of the memory card.
3. Unplug the phone from the computer.
4. In the phone menu - Settings - Storage - Software Update - SD card Upgrade (or Settings - About phone -
System update - (Local update) Update via SD Card).
5.The phone will reboot and begin the upgrade process and you will see the following picture (be patient it can take a few minutes).

If you see a lot of Chinese letters after you boot, it means that you have installed Chinese recovery with recovery6.0.1.9_AscendHonor2.exe,
and you have to replace Chinese Recovery like you see above.


First backup all your Apps and your Massages and Browser history and Call logs and more with Back-up,
thats a App that came with your phone.




After the update the phone will reboot and start (also be patient).



Google Play Store

1. Connect phone to computer, (first install the Huawei USB Drivers) then put
GAPPS on you intern or extern Storage, now power down phone.

2. Power up your phone whilst holding Power & - volume.

3. Now your phone should be stuck in the "Huawei Ascend" logo, now connect to computer and run recovery6.0.1.9_AscendHonor2.exe
and press 1 and enter.

Then if he ask something about 1 and 2 option, and nothing happens do this:

Press CTRL+C then N. And it should start.
Make sure fastboot is OFF and USB debugging is ON


4. Now you should have custom recovery (woo), disconnect usb and remove battery.

5. put battery in and boot phone with Power & + volume.

6. So now you notice everythings chinese MYGOOOD, so do this:

Menu button 2 --> Menu button 1 [zip from internal memory]
Menu button 2 --> Menu button 4 [zip from external memory]

And select your GAPPS zip file.

Then a few seconds later GAPPS (Google Plays Store) is installed.

Then go back, Menu button 5 and then press menu button 1 (this will boot your phone).



Root your Phone

There are 4 ways you can Root this phone, first one is with Motochopper, and the second one is with AnzhiRoot_U9508, and the third is with Genotools,
and the fourth is with Chinese Recovery 6.0.1.9, do not forget to install the Huawei USB Drivers, and also HiSuite is useful to have.


It's easer with Motochopper and AnzhiRoot_U9508 and Genotools .


Motochopper

Instructions:

1. Download the file (Motochopper) to your PC.
2. Extract the entire contents of the zip file.
3. If you are using Windows, ensure you have installed the latest Huawei USB Drivers) available for your phone.
4. Connect phone to computer ensure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your device.
5. If you are using Windows, navigate to the extracted directory and execute “run.bat”. If you are using Linux or OS X, navigate to the extracted
directory in a terminal and execute “./run.sh”.

AnzhiRoot_U9508

1. connect dev to pc (usb debuging on)
2. run program
3. press one button "root"

Don't forget to restart your phone.

warnings: Dr.Web determines such program as virus (Tool.Rooter.18.origin)

Genotools

1. Connect your phone to your computer via a USB cable, select HiSuite.
2. Run GenoTool.
3. Go to tab 4.
4. Click "Root 1"

Root Genius

Works good with B804

1. Enable USB Debugging on your Android Sartphone.
2. Open Root Genius on your Windows Computer.
3. Once Roor Genius has started, connect your smartphone to the computer with USB Cable.
4. Once your smartphone is connected succsessfully to the Computer, Root genius will automatically detect your Smart phone.
5. Now click on the Root Now button to begin the rooting process.
6. Now Root Genius will Automatically Root your Smartphone and install KingUser App.
7. Now your smartphone is Rooted.

Chinese Recovery

Only works if you installed recovery6.0.1.9_AscendHonor2.exe, like you see above.

Download and copy CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip (or any similar SuperSU) to your SD Card.

Shutdown your phone, restart by pressing Power + Volume Up buttons until you enter CWM screen.

Menu button 2 --> Menu button 1 [zip from internal memory]
Menu button 2 --> Menu button 4 [zip from external memory]

And select CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip file.

Then a few seconds later CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip (SuperSU 0.99) is installed.

Then go back, Menu button 5 and then press menu button 1 (this will reboot your phone).

Pleas note that, you only get your phone rooted after this.


Removing Chinese apps

Only works if you have Rooted your Phone.

1. Download Root App Delete and start it.
2. Now select System Apps and then select ProMode
3. Now select the App and select Uninstall.
4. thats all now the App is uninstalled and is gone from your phone.

If Root App Delete don't work use Final Cleaner & Task Killer


I have done it and it's very easy, if you already had MoreLocale 2 on your phone and selected your language then he will go to your language
in a view clicks, and if you had English in settings then you also still will have that, also with ADW.Launcher or (i hear better) with
Apex Launcher you have your App Drawer and more back.


Why is my notification bar (panel) gone?

To have a working notification bar, there are a few conditions to be achieved by the rom:
-the file cust/channel/*countryname*/xml/hw_defaults.xml must contain two lines:
<integer toolBoxSwitch="1"/>
<string toolBoxDisplayWidgetNameArray="com.huawei.android. toolbox,com.huawei.android.toolbox.ToolBoxProvider "/>
-the file system/build.prop must contain the line: ro.config.hw_toolbox=true
-the updater-script must contain the correct symlink, like: symlink("/cust/channel/cn", "/data/cust");
When using an original update from a country different than the phone's country, there is no symlink made, so all the files in the cust partition are not
seen by the phone, which leads to no notification bar and other issues!
In a custom rom the symlink is forced in the updater-script, so if everything else is ok, everything works!
Also, if someone flash a rom of Batty86 for example, and clean data after flashing, the symlink leads to a deletion of the cust partition, so again we have
no notification bar and so on.

I hope it's a bit more clear now.


Change languages without morelocale2

To get more languages without morelocale2, you can look for /сust/channel/cn/xml/hw_defaults.xml on your phone (use Root Browser to select file).

Now go about 60% down till you are at Phone related, and then you will see:

<string white_languages="zh_CH,en_US"/>

And put between en_US and "/> your language you want, en_GB is British English language, fr_FR is French language, de_DE is German language, and so on and so on.

So if you want your Phone to be French you have to do this <string white_languages="zh_CH,en_US,fr_FR"/>

And also do that with:

<!--string white_languages="zh_CH,en_US"/-->

Wipe data/factory reset the phone once again, and you should have more languages at your disposal.

SO now you can choose your language, and never have to use morelocale2 anymore (until you reflash your Firmware of course).

You need root access for this.



Good luck everybody.

With thanks to maikzen, for how to flash GAPPS and octop and soudy1994 and Pimorez and vkukfor and androidxda how to Root and Batty86 for why the notification bar (panel) is gone.
Last edited by AmigaWolf; 1st September 2014 at 06:35 PM.
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to AmigaWolf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2013, 11:07 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
And the caller ID its works on Android 4.1.2 ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaWolf

So this is the easiest way to upgrade your phone (new ROM Android), install GAPPS and Root, it's the safest.


I have don this with (B544) U9508_EmotionUI_1.5_V100R001CHNC00B544 Android 4.1.2, so you also can do this with B605 and B610 and B615 others:

http://cn.ui.vmall.com/emotiondownlo...9B%9B%E6%A0%B8

Here are GAPPS:

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Here is SuperSU 0.99:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1707684&d=1360134287




Before starting the firmware you need to have:

1. SD card of at least 2GB
2. Phone with a charged battery at least 50%

1. Unpack the archive with the firmware and throw dload folder to the root of the memory card.
2. Turning off the phone from the computer.
3. In the phone menu - Settings - Storage - Software Update - SD card Upgrade (or Settings - About phone - System update - Update via SD Card).
4.The phone will reboot and begin the upgrade process and you will see the following picture.



After the update the phone will reboot and start.



Google Play Store

1. Connect phone to computer, (first install the Drivers) then put GAPPS on you intern or extern Storage, now power down phone.

2. Power up your phone whilst holding Power & - volume.

3. Now your phone should be stuck in the "Huawei Ascend" logo, now connect to computer and run recovery6.0.1.9_AscendHonor2.exe and press 1 and enter.

4. Now you should have custom recovery (woo), disconnect usb and remove battery.

5. put battery in and boot phone with Power & + volume.

5. So now you notice everythings chinese MYGOOOD, so do this:

Menu button 2 --> Menu button 1 [zip from internal memory]
Menu button 2 --> Menu button 4 [zip from external memory]

And select your GAPPS zip file.

Then a few seconds later GAPPS (Google Plays Store) is installed.

Then go back, Menu button 5 and then press menu button 1 (this will boot your phone).



Root your Phone

Download and copy CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip (or any similar SuperSU) to your SD Card.

Shutdown your phone, restart by pressing Power + Volume Up buttons until you enter CWM screen.

Menu button 2 --> Menu button 1 [zip from internal memory]
Menu button 2 --> Menu button 4 [zip from external memory]

And select CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip file.

Then a few seconds later CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip (SuperSU 0.99) is installed.

Then go back, Menu button 5 and then press menu button 1 (this will boot your phone).

Pleas note that, you only get your phone rooted after this.



I have don it and it's very easy, if you already had MoreLocale 2 on your phone and selected your language then he will go to your language in a view clicks, and
if you had English in settings then you also still will have that, also with ASW Launcher you have your App Drawer and more back.

Good luck everybody.

With thanks to maikzen, for how to flash GAPPS and octop for how to Root

And the caller ID its works on Android 4.1.2 ?

Here in my Cellphone didn't work, the cellphone was in my google account contatcs and show "Unknown Number" when someone calls me ...

I dont know what it is !
12th February 2013, 03:02 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaWolf

So this is the easiest way to upgrade your phone (new ROM Android), install GAPPS and Root, it's the safest.


I have don this with (B544) U9508_EmotionUI_1.5_V100R001CHNC00B544 Android 4.1.2, so you also can do this with B605 and B610 and B615 others:

http://cn.ui.vmall.com/emotiondownlo...9B%9B%E6%A0%B8

Here are GAPPS:

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Here is SuperSU 0.99:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1707684&d=1360134287




Before starting the firmware you need to have:

1. SD card of at least 2GB
2. Phone with a charged battery at least 50%

1. Unpack the archive with the firmware and throw dload folder to the root of the memory card.
2. Turning off the phone from the computer.
3. In the phone menu - Settings - Storage - Software Update - SD card Upgrade (or Settings - About phone - System update - Update via SD Card).
4.The phone will reboot and begin the upgrade process and you will see the following picture.



After the update the phone will reboot and start.



Google Play Store

1. Connect phone to computer, (first install the Drivers) then put GAPPS on you intern or extern Storage, now power down phone.

2. Power up your phone whilst holding Power & - volume.

3. Now your phone should be stuck in the "Huawei Ascend" logo, now connect to computer and run recovery6.0.1.9_AscendHonor2.exe and press 1 and enter.

4. Now you should have custom recovery (woo), disconnect usb and remove battery.

5. put battery in and boot phone with Power & + volume.

5. So now you notice everythings chinese MYGOOOD, so do this:

Menu button 2 --> Menu button 1 [zip from internal memory]
Menu button 2 --> Menu button 4 [zip from external memory]

And select your GAPPS zip file.

Then a few seconds later GAPPS (Google Plays Store) is installed.

Then go back, Menu button 5 and then press menu button 1 (this will boot your phone).



Root your Phone

Download and copy CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip (or any similar SuperSU) to your SD Card.

Shutdown your phone, restart by pressing Power + Volume Up buttons until you enter CWM screen.

Menu button 2 --> Menu button 1 [zip from internal memory]
Menu button 2 --> Menu button 4 [zip from external memory]

And select CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip file.

Then a few seconds later CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip (SuperSU 0.99) is installed.

Then go back, Menu button 5 and then press menu button 1 (this will boot your phone).

Pleas note that, you only get your phone rooted after this.



I have don it and it's very easy, if you already had MoreLocale 2 on your phone and selected your language then he will go to your language in a view clicks, and
if you had English in settings then you also still will have that, also with ASW Launcher you have your App Drawer and more back.

Good luck everybody.

With thanks to maikzen, for how to flash GAPPS and octop for how to Root



How can i get back my original bootloader ? in english ?

Because now i cant install original roms using dload folder and pressing + and - volume + power on start =(

how can i install my original rom again ?

Thanks
14th February 2013, 06:02 PM   |  #4  
AmigaWolf's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 166
 
532 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcio carvalho moura

How can i get back my original bootloader ? in english ?

Because now i cant install original roms using dload folder and pressing + and - volume + power on start =(

how can i install my original rom again ?

Thanks

Sorry been sick almost the whole week, and i am still sick, but what do you mean How can i get back my original bootloader ? in english ?

What have happened, you have flash (B544) U9508_EmotionUI_1.5_V100R001CHNC00B544 like i have sad:

1. SD card of at least 2GB
2. Phone with a charged battery at least 50%

1. Unpack the archive with the firmware and throw dload folder to the root of the memory card.
2. Turning off the phone from the computer.
3. In the phone menu - Settings - Storage - Software Update - SD card Upgrade (or Settings - About phone - System update - Update via SD Card).
4.The phone will reboot and begin the upgrade process and you will see the following picture.
After the update the phone will reboot and start.

I do not know what is wronge with your caller ID because i still have caller ID after flashing to B544, and i don't use google account contacts because i like my privacy.
The Following User Says Thank You to AmigaWolf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2013, 04:56 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Wink thank for share
16th February 2013, 12:08 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Need help
I keep getting the error: Couldn't sign in. Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server

help please
16th February 2013, 03:01 AM   |  #7  
AmigaWolf's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 166
 
532 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustis

I keep getting the error: Couldn't sign in. Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server

help please

What sign in, which server with program??????

You don't give me any useful info, and i am no programmer i only know a view things, like how to update
your OS (Android) and GAPPS and Rooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuananh5292

Thank you for your Thanks, and good to hear that i could help you.
Last edited by AmigaWolf; 16th February 2013 at 03:06 AM.
16th February 2013, 08:39 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaWolf

What sign in, which server with program??????

You don't give me any useful info, and i am no programmer i only know a view things, like how to update
your OS (Android) and GAPPS and Rooting.



Thank you for your Thanks, and good to hear that i could help you.

im sorry. I keep getting that error in google play store/every sign in needed google, for example youtube. I have tried many things to fix it, but none seem to work

i have emotion B537, rooted, and with gapps
Last edited by Eustis; 16th February 2013 at 10:56 AM. Reason: new stuff
16th February 2013, 01:48 PM   |  #9  
AmigaWolf's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 166
 
532 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustis

im sorry. I keep getting that error in google play store/every sign in needed google, for example youtube. I have tried many things to fix it, but none seem to work

i have emotion B537, rooted, and with gapps

Then it sounds more like you are typing your Password or User name wrong, had the same problem also once.


UPDATE:
Have you ROOTED your phone, because GAPPS won't work without a rooted phone.
Last edited by AmigaWolf; 16th February 2013 at 01:57 PM.
16th February 2013, 03:39 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaWolf

Then it sounds more like you are typing your Password or User name wrong, had the same problem also once.


UPDATE:
Have you ROOTED your phone, because GAPPS won't work without a rooted phone.

yes its rooted.. and im sure its the right password... i have tried many accounts, even tried making a new one. still doesnt work
I have tried many things to fix it like these methods:
1- pull sim card
2- log into youtube, but it only comes to the same google login problem :S
3- factory reset
4- changing time

its really frustrating, i cant login to any google account, like youtube, playstore or gmail

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Android General by ThreadRank