Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,822 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

|ROM||AROMA||----- Jedi-X20----- || Viper4Android Audio || MULTICARRIER ||4.1.2| 10|24!!

Tip us?

WizeGuyDezignz
Old
Thanks Meter 931
Default Re: |ROM| Jedi-XVX |MW||23 Toggles||Ink||4.1.2| 2|6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketbook View Post
I keep seeing people say this is the fastest rom they've used but on what basis? I've tried 3 roms so far (Jelly Beans, RootBox, and stock) and they all performed pretty identically minus a few hiccups here and there on all 3. How can a phone with this much power not be chewing through any custom rom, even a poorly put together one?
I'm saying it because of what you just said. I'm sort of with you that most of the current roms perform almost the same. I have been choosing roms based on their themes and added options that aren't available with stock.

But with this rom, it's definitely faster. Just flash it and start scrolling home screens and you can immediately tell. The Touchwiz launcher is much snappier with this rom.

I suggest trying it and finding out for yourself.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

hejay
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
I keep seeing people say this is the fastest rom they've used but on what basis? I've tried 3 roms so far (Jelly Beans, RootBox, and stock) and they all performed pretty identically minus a few hiccups here and there on all 3. How can a phone with this much power not be chewing through any custom rom, even a poorly put together one?
On the basis that it doesn't perform identically. Everything is just snappier, down to the lockscreen wake. Flash it, let it settle in, and see for yourself.

nnnnr14
Old
(Last edited by nnnnr14; 7th February 2013 at 04:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 242

DONATE TO ME

I didn't find this in the last 13 pages but I'm on twrp the newest version and it doesn't flash, It fails immediately..

Edit: sorry the period was supposed to be flash
Sent from my HTC One Max using Venom ROM

toskabab
Old
Thanks Meter 57

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I had the same thing in mind and thought hey why not give it a try. Dude, you've just got to see it to believe it. I think I've fallen in love. Something fierce.

WizeGuyDezignz
Old
Thanks Meter 931

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnnnr14 View Post
I didn't find this in the last 13 pages but I'm on twrp the newest version and it doesn't. It fails immediately..
I had that happen too. I just powered down since I already had wiped and booted back into twrp and it worked fine. I'm also on the latest version of twrp.

sleevasteve
Old
Thanks Meter 286

Quote:
I didn't find this in the last 13 pages but I'm on twrp the newest version and it doesn't. It fails immediately..
Heard someone else saying the same thing, and going back to TWRP V 2.4 fixed it.

svan71
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Default Pretty sweet

Very nice rom smooth as your aunt Connie's ass...I get sd card unexpectedly removed pop up on every rom I try anybody else see that?

ptmr3
Old
Recognized Developer / Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 20564

DONATE TO ME

Wow this caught on fast sorry can't keep up with all the posts just got off work, but...

mhl- I believe something in the ram disk of my kernel is fighting back with the tv out, try a different kernel and let me know

Different layout launchers, I will try to add to goody bag but keep in mind I am supporting 5 or 6 devices with ROM and 8 with kernel so ill get to it lol

Everyone else, sounds like the Force has taken you by surprise welcome to Jedi

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ptmr3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ptmr3
Old
Thanks Meter 20564

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Did you check md5? I only use twrp

The Following User Says Thank You to ptmr3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ptmr3
Old
Thanks Meter 20564

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by svan71 View Post
Very nice rom smooth as your aunt Connie's ass...I get sd card unexpectedly removed pop up on every rom I try anybody else see that?
Exfat sd? Format to fat32

The Following User Says Thank You to ptmr3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]