No registration required

Data Throttling (Unlimited plan)

OP Bajanman

6th February 2013, 04:29 PM   |  #81  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 10

46 posts
More
I had a a little bit of throttling when I hit 5GB, but it has since gone back to normal. Currently at 6GB.
6th February 2013, 07:22 PM   |  #82  
Thanks Meter: 5

19 posts
Re: Data Throttling (Unlimited plan)
You just need a tmobile note 2 to bypass throttleing. Hapa+ is good enough for me lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360174957196.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	1709009  
Last edited by young420; 6th February 2013 at 07:34 PM.
6th February 2013, 07:27 PM   |  #83  
Thanks Meter: 5

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPhantomX

Got a Speed Test screenshot?

No throttle

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360175172761.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	1709021  
7th February 2013, 02:41 AM   |  #84  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Wilmington
Thanks Meter: 2,762

5,536 posts
Donate to Me
More
IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU HAVE THE TMOBILE NOTE II OR THE AT&t NOTE 2 IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOUR USING THE PHONE APN YOU WILL GET THROTTLED AFTER 5GB OR AROUND on an unlimited plan. the T-Mobile Note 2 by default will use the wap.cingular apn which is NOT throttled thats probably why you didnt get throttled. In which you can do that with the AT&T note.....UNLESS your using the tmobile note 2 to get on the $10 unlimated plan, and in which can be taken away from you at anytime
7th February 2013, 01:06 PM   |  #85  
Thanks Meter: 101

258 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyelton

IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU HAVE THE TMOBILE NOTE II OR THE AT&t NOTE 2 IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOUR USING THE PHONE APN YOU WILL GET THROTTLED AFTER 5GB OR AROUND on an unlimited plan. the T-Mobile Note 2 by default will use the wap.cingular apn which is NOT throttled thats probably why you didnt get throttled. In which you can do that with the AT&T note.....UNLESS your using the tmobile note 2 to get on the $10 unlimated plan, and in which can be taken away from you at anytime

I disagree. The Cingular APN doesn't work for me. As I've proven, I have unthrottled with everything working on the network. And I'm on AT&T's grandfathered unlimited plan.

And to those who were waiting to see my results on the workaround I stumbled onto for the throttle, allowing me LTE speeds beyond the 5GB limit, the workaround seems to work extremely well. I've since changed ROMs from when I originally stumbled on the workaround, and it still works.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackPhantomX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2013, 04:41 PM   |  #86  
Flag Pocatello, ID
Thanks Meter: 46

220 posts
More
How is everyone checking their data usage? I've seen some of you posting screen shots of software data trackers. I'm just wondering if you are all checking these figures up against AT&T's records, e.g. dialing *data#. I only bring it up because some of you might not be aware that the billing cycle your phone is checking may not be the same as the cycle which AT&T is counting.
7th February 2013, 07:24 PM   |  #87  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Wilmington
Thanks Meter: 2,762

5,536 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yea how are you all checking your data? Cause you could be wrong

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
7th February 2013, 07:26 PM   |  #88  
Thanks Meter: 101

258 posts
More
I have my software data trackers set to reset the counter the day my billing cycle restarts. But I also check AT&T's website and the My AT&T app since I do update or switch ROMs at times.
16th February 2013, 06:12 AM   |  #89  
Flag San diego
Thanks Meter: 86

436 posts
More
I have the unlimited LTE visual voicemail data plan and was just throttled. I signed into ATT.com and looked at the "services and features' that I"m currently signed up on. In the data list, I'm ticked for the Unlimited LTE with visual. So all I did was switch it to the Unlimited LTE without visual voicemail, confirm and was unthrottled again on LTE. Then when you're throttled again switch back to the visual voicemail data plan. It's a bit inconvenient this way but I don't ever use visual voicemail.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmjkxa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 05:27 AM   |  #90  
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjkxa

I have the unlimited LTE visual voicemail data plan and was just throttled. I signed into ATT.com and looked at the "services and features' that I"m currently signed up on. In the data list, I'm ticked for the Unlimited LTE with visual. So all I did was switch it to the Unlimited LTE without visual voicemail, confirm and was unthrottled again on LTE. Then when you're throttled again switch back to the visual voicemail data plan. It's a bit inconvenient this way but I don't ever use visual voicemail.

Wow it's been busy in here. That's great forgot to subscribe:banghead: lol.

Anyhow what you said about the AT&T visual voicemail feature? I had changed mine sometime ago. Think I added it on? So I'm wondering now if that's what stopped me from being throttled after you mentioned it! Well do some checking to see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread