Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,036 Members 51,825 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Data Throttling (Unlimited plan)

Tip us?

jdkadius
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I had a a little bit of throttling when I hit 5GB, but it has since gone back to normal. Currently at 6GB.

young420
Old
(Last edited by young420; 6th February 2013 at 06:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: Data Throttling (Unlimited plan)

You just need a tmobile note 2 to bypass throttleing. Hapa+ is good enough for me lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360174957196.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	1709009  

young420
Old
Thanks Meter 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPhantomX View Post
Got a Speed Test screenshot?
No throttle

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360175172761.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	1709021  

hyelton
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2189

DONATE TO ME
IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU HAVE THE TMOBILE NOTE II OR THE AT&t NOTE 2 IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOUR USING THE PHONE APN YOU WILL GET THROTTLED AFTER 5GB OR AROUND on an unlimited plan. the T-Mobile Note 2 by default will use the wap.cingular apn which is NOT throttled thats probably why you didnt get throttled. In which you can do that with the AT&T note.....UNLESS your using the tmobile note 2 to get on the $10 unlimated plan, and in which can be taken away from you at anytime
My Build: ASRock 970 Extreme4 | Amd FX-6300 OC to 4.5Ghz | Nvidia GTX-650-Ti | 8GB 1600 | 120GB Samsung 840 SSD | 500GB Hard Drive | Windows 7 Pro | NZXT 810 White Case.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 (White)

Check out my Personal site and Photography www.hunterspad.com

Please Click Thanks If I helped you in any way!
If you need anything Hosted Or mirrored: Send a PM my Way
My Server Specs: 24X Intel Xeon E5-2620 2.1Ghz,32GB Ram,2TB HD

BlackPhantomX
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU HAVE THE TMOBILE NOTE II OR THE AT&t NOTE 2 IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOUR USING THE PHONE APN YOU WILL GET THROTTLED AFTER 5GB OR AROUND on an unlimited plan. the T-Mobile Note 2 by default will use the wap.cingular apn which is NOT throttled thats probably why you didnt get throttled. In which you can do that with the AT&T note.....UNLESS your using the tmobile note 2 to get on the $10 unlimated plan, and in which can be taken away from you at anytime
I disagree. The Cingular APN doesn't work for me. As I've proven, I have unthrottled with everything working on the network. And I'm on AT&T's grandfathered unlimited plan.

And to those who were waiting to see my results on the workaround I stumbled onto for the throttle, allowing me LTE speeds beyond the 5GB limit, the workaround seems to work extremely well. I've since changed ROMs from when I originally stumbled on the workaround, and it still works.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackPhantomX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lurchbyrep
Old
Thanks Meter 46

How is everyone checking their data usage? I've seen some of you posting screen shots of software data trackers. I'm just wondering if you are all checking these figures up against AT&T's records, e.g. dialing *data#. I only bring it up because some of you might not be aware that the billing cycle your phone is checking may not be the same as the cycle which AT&T is counting.

hyelton
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2189

DONATE TO ME

Yea how are you all checking your data? Cause you could be wrong

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
My Build: ASRock 970 Extreme4 | Amd FX-6300 OC to 4.5Ghz | Nvidia GTX-650-Ti | 8GB 1600 | 120GB Samsung 840 SSD | 500GB Hard Drive | Windows 7 Pro | NZXT 810 White Case.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 (White)

Check out my Personal site and Photography www.hunterspad.com

Please Click Thanks If I helped you in any way!
If you need anything Hosted Or mirrored: Send a PM my Way
My Server Specs: 24X Intel Xeon E5-2620 2.1Ghz,32GB Ram,2TB HD

BlackPhantomX
Old
Thanks Meter 101
I have my software data trackers set to reset the counter the day my billing cycle restarts. But I also check AT&T's website and the My AT&T app since I do update or switch ROMs at times.

cmjkxa
Old
Thanks Meter 86
I have the unlimited LTE visual voicemail data plan and was just throttled. I signed into ATT.com and looked at the "services and features' that I"m currently signed up on. In the data list, I'm ticked for the Unlimited LTE with visual. So all I did was switch it to the Unlimited LTE without visual voicemail, confirm and was unthrottled again on LTE. Then when you're throttled again switch back to the visual voicemail data plan. It's a bit inconvenient this way but I don't ever use visual voicemail.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmjkxa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4729

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjkxa View Post
I have the unlimited LTE visual voicemail data plan and was just throttled. I signed into ATT.com and looked at the "services and features' that I"m currently signed up on. In the data list, I'm ticked for the Unlimited LTE with visual. So all I did was switch it to the Unlimited LTE without visual voicemail, confirm and was unthrottled again on LTE. Then when you're throttled again switch back to the visual voicemail data plan. It's a bit inconvenient this way but I don't ever use visual voicemail.
Wow it's been busy in here. That's great forgot to subscribe:banghead: lol.

Anyhow what you said about the AT&T visual voicemail feature? I had changed mine sometime ago. Think I added it on? So I'm wondering now if that's what stopped me from being throttled after you mentioned it! Well do some checking to see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

Rom I'm using with zero issues...
[4.4.2]DN3 V5(Ditto Note 3)