Finding original ROM ICS 4.0.4

Search This thread

Le Dam

Oct 20, 2012
Hi (sorry for my bad english),
I've a P7100 10.1v with ICS 4.0.4 and I've deleted many app (3G, telephon, ...) with Titanium Backup.

Now, I regret but I can't revese my action (I don't make backup).

Is it possible to make an automatic upgrade with the same (but complete) version ?
Can you help me ?

Thank you ;)

romanych74

Dec 25, 2012
Luhansk
You can install stock 3.2.1 (you'll find it at sammobile.com) via Odin-3, then connect tab to wifi and upgrade it to 4.0.4 via OTA and you'll recieve what you need.
Don't forget make backup before this.

Le Dam

Oct 20, 2012
Hi romanych74, thank you for your answer.

If I reflash my tab to 3.2.1, lose I the root ?
If yes, do you think I first must unroot or first accept upgarde 4.0.4 and after unroot ?

Thank you :)

romanych74

Dec 25, 2012
Luhansk

If yes, do you think I first must unroot or first accept upgarde 4.0.4 and after unroot ?

Hi, Le Dam. You're wellcome.
When I reflash tab with 3.2.1 I didn't check my root.
I've reflashed 3.2.1, then upgraded to 4.0.4 and after that maked the root.

Reactions: Le Dam

GaryWS

Mar 7, 2012

Hi Romany, would you mind sharing the steps you used please?

I am not having success with either Odin or fastboot.

I get 3.2.1 installed (from sammobile.com) but it won't upgrade to 4.0.4 and I think it is because the kernel is still 3.26.3 ...

Any help appreciated.

Le Dam

Oct 20, 2012
Hi,
First, sorry romanych74 for this very late answer !

At this time, I don't yet try the donwngrade to 3.2.1.
And the Gary's message afraid me... do you thinks the Kernel stop OTA ?

Chance or not : the kernel of my tablet is 3.1.10
Is this possible to force OTA upgrade ?

Thank you for your help.

pruano

Jul 18, 2012
Hi,

Thank you for your help.

Gary found out that the problem was the modem (not the kernel), for some reason if you have flashed the modem from 7500, it wont accept OTAs (also for some reason the thread has been deleted or i can find it).

So if you have flashed the p7500 modem (as its usual procedure now), you need to revert to the modem from P7100BUKE2 (the P7100BULB4 package does not contain the modem image) AND you need to revert to the stock recovery to do the update OTA.

You will then have the stock 4.0.4, without root; you may wanna try this method (not tried myself), to recover the root.

Last edited:

romanych74

Dec 25, 2012
Luhansk
Hi,

Thank you for your help.

Hi!
My kernel's version is 3.1.10.
Baseband version is still P7100BULG3. I've not flashed P7500 modem - i did not need this.
Now i have JB 4.2.1 (nightly by 25-01-2013) and everything works.

Le Dam

Oct 20, 2012
Gary found out that the problem was the modem (not the kernel), for some reason if you have flashed the modem from 7500, it wont accept OTAs (also for some reason the thread has been deleted or i can find it).

So if you have flashed the p7500 modem (as its usual procedure now), you need to revert to the modem from P7100BUKE2 (the P7100BULB4 package does not contain the modem image) AND you need to revert to the stock recovery to do the update OTA.

You will then have the stock 4.0.4, without root; you may wanna try this method (not tried myself), to recover the root.

Hello pruano, thank you for your reply.
No, I don't have flashed to p7500.

Are you sure this method (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1386545) is safe and sure for 10.1v (P7100) ?
This is only for root the tab after new OTA flash to 4.0.4 ?

Tnak you ;)

pruano

Jul 18, 2012
Then you shouldnt have the same problems Gary did.

Are you sure this method (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1386545) is safe and sure for 10.1v (P7100) ?
Like i said in the post, havent tried it myself, but from what i could gather, its safe, and to be applied after upgrade to 4.0.4.

If you prefer a longer but confirmed route, just use the old method and afterwards flash the stock recovery before trying to get the update OTA (the skitzandroid-recovery does not handle OTAs).

Le Dam

Oct 20, 2012

Like i said in the post, havent tried it myself, but from what i could gather, its safe, and to be applied after upgrade to 4.0.4.

If you prefer a longer but confirmed route, just use the old method and afterwards flash the stock recovery before trying to get the update OTA (the skitzandroid-recovery does not handle OTAs).

Thanks pruano for your help.
I will try later, I have too much work for now.
(and again sorry for my bad english, I understand what you say but I'm not sure I write exactly what I think :eek: )

Le Dam

Oct 20, 2012
Hi,
I must explain why I will retreive the original ROM 4.0.4 : I made a mistake because I delete the "phone software" (= modem ???) with Titanium Pro.

Now, I just reflash the ROM 3.2.1 with Odin and all is alright.
After reboot, YES ! Upgrade via OTA -> 4.0.4 :)

But the problem still there :(
No phone :crying:

If I put my sim card in the tab, I must enter my code... and I don't find the phone, I can't enable 3G.

Why ?
Do you think I have delete the modem with Titanium ?

And the complete flash to 3.2.1 and after the OTA upgrade to 4.0.4 don't instal a new modem ?

Thank you for your help :D

pruano

Jul 18, 2012
Hi,
I must explain why I will retreive the original ROM 4.0.4 : I made a mistake because I delete the "phone software" (= modem ???) with Titanium Pro.

If I put my sim card in the tab, I must enter my code... and I don't find the phone, I can't enable 3G.

Why ?

And the complete flash to 3.2.1 and after the OTA upgrade to 4.0.4 don't instal a new modem ?

Do you mean you cant use data communications through 3G (did you do the OTA through Wifi?) or do you mean use of phone functionality like SMS/MMS and phone calls?

If the former, check the settings to see if Mobile data is enabled (and turn Wifi off to confim); if the tablet is asking for the pin, it definitely finds the SIM. If nothing above works, reflash the modem (just the modem) from P7100BUKE2 with Odin.

If the later, the tablet has no support for it in any stock release; there are some hacks to enable some functionality, but that goes WAY beyond what you ask in the thread and i cannot help you there, its better you create a new thread for it, as what you asked for was accomplished.

Last edited:

Le Dam

Oct 20, 2012
Hi,
Thank you pruano.

The OTA upgrade is completed via wifi.
After reboot, I put a SIM card and the tab ask pincode.
But I don't find the little blue phone (icon), I don't find SMS...
And when I shut off the wifi, I try to connect 3G but nothing.

Exactly the same problem with 3.2.1 (before upgrade)... it don't find phone, sms, etc...

Sorry for this question but, where can I find this modem you say (only modem) ?
For flash it with Odin, with witch button may I use ? PDA or PHONE ?

Thank you ;)

pruano

Jul 18, 2012
Hi,
Thank you pruano.

You may want to check with another SIM, as the one you are using may be defective (try it on your phone, for example).

Either that, or you have the configurations wrong. What is your operator? I remember seeing a thread around here where the APN for Vodafone was incorrect and needed to be changed.

Also try to see if the table picks any network, by going to settings-> More... -> Mobile networks -> Mobile operators (or something) and trying do a scan of the networks available.

Thank you ;)

You can get it from here (requires registering). The 3.2.1 release package does not come with a modem, only the 3.0.1 P7100BUKE2 (which will work on any release above it). As for Odin, only use the PHONE field and the MODEM....tar.md5 file

Last edited:

Le Dam

Oct 20, 2012
You can get it from here (requires registering). The 3.2.1 release package does not come with a modem, only the 3.0.1 P7100BUKE2 (which will work on any release above it). As for Odin, only use the PHONE field and the MODEM....tar.md5 file

Pruano, you're a king !
I've flash P7100BUKE2 (modem) after, upgrade OTA to 4.0.4 and the phone is coming back :laugh:

Thanks a lot :good:

pruano

Jul 18, 2012
Pruano, you're a king !
I've flash P7100BUKE2 (modem) after, upgrade OTA to 4.0.4 and the phone is coming back :laugh:

Thanks a lot :good:

Then you must have, at some point, flashed a modem firmware from another device; why it worked before, its most likely due to a custom ROM you had installed and stopped working with the stock versions.

Just for the record, did you follow this procedure to gain root back?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

Hi!
    My kernel's version is 3.1.10.
    Baseband version is still P7100BULG3. I've not flashed P7500 modem - i did not need this.
    Now i have JB 4.2.1 (nightly by 25-01-2013) and everything works.

Hi,

Why ?

Do you mean you cant use data communications through 3G (did you do the OTA through Wifi?) or do you mean use of phone functionality like SMS/MMS and phone calls?

If the former, check the settings to see if Mobile data is enabled (and turn Wifi off to confim); if the tablet is asking for the pin, it definitely finds the SIM. If nothing above works, reflash the modem (just the modem) from P7100BUKE2 with Odin.

If the later, the tablet has no support for it in any stock release; there are some hacks to enable some functionality, but that goes WAY beyond what you ask in the thread and i cannot help you there, its better you create a new thread for it, as what you asked for was accomplished.
    Hi,
    Thank you pruano.

You may want to check with another SIM, as the one you are using may be defective (try it on your phone, for example).

Either that, or you have the configurations wrong. What is your operator? I remember seeing a thread around here where the APN for Vodafone was incorrect and needed to be changed.

Also try to see if the table picks any network, by going to settings-> More... -> Mobile networks -> Mobile operators (or something) and trying do a scan of the networks available.

Thank you ;)